[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /mu/, I have $250 to spend and I'm looking for guitar
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: ds1.jpg (66 KB, 514x918) Image search: [Google]
ds1.jpg
66 KB, 514x918
Hey /mu/, I have $250 to spend and I'm looking for guitar pedal(s). What are some good pedals for indie rock, alt rock, post punk, dance punk?

pic unrelated
>>
File: boss-mt-2-metal-zone-206137.jpg (116 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
boss-mt-2-metal-zone-206137.jpg
116 KB, 900x1200
>>
>>66157978
nice meme
>>
>>66157922
Just get a big muff, or an MXR blue box or something.
>>
DS-1 + DD3
That's all you need
>>
>>66158445

I love DS-1 but my issue with it is it's quieter than most of my guitars.

Blues Driver is the nut boss pedal to me.

agree on the DD3 if i had to pick one effect it would be a delay
>>
>>66157978
You have to be over 18 yrs old to post here
>>
>>66157922
Get a big muff and a dd3 and spend what's left on blow
>>
>>66157922
If you want something fancy- look into earthquaker devices. They have a big range of distortions.
>>
>>66158657
I was about to suggest them.

There's a bunch of other boutique fuzzes too.
>>
>>66157922
Buy a Way Huge Fat Sandwich.
>>
File: 035.jpg (3 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
035.jpg
3 MB, 2448x3264
>>66157922
the ds-1 CAN work if you go for the japan 80s version, but for indie i'd go for a CMATmods pedal (good handmade pedals for cheaper than the more renowned brands)
>>
I have the os-2 and like it
>>
Boss bd2

Honestly it's a gem for how cheap it is
>>
>>66157922
If you need $250 worth of pedals to play basic-ass rock, you're a shitty guitarist.
>>
>>66160795
tru
>>
Don't start with the boutique shit. If you get into pedals more than yeah they're great, but start off with something simple and great like a blues driver or a muff.
>>
>>66158527
>the nut

where are you from? Because I'm Canadian and have literally never heard this expression
but if that is a positive endorsement then I couldn't agree more. I'm not a ripper nor a blues player, but the Blues Driver has serious fuckin teeth. I use a Green Rhino and just a regular Big Muff, and that's all the fuzz tone I need.

>>66157922
If you want my honest pedal advice, then I'll feel a bit like I'm giving away my secret...
but I recently bought an EX Mel 9 pedal that transforms your guitar signal into a mellotron type effect. Simply blend your regular tone 50/50 (or thereabouts) with the effect, and it sounds like you have a friend playing the mellotron along with you. If your playing is in any way melodic, then the mel just mimics, and it will follow any bend.
>>
>>66161791
Tell me all your secrets laddie
>>
>babby's first year of guitar playing

Wait till you discover Metallica and Tepellin OP, hahahahaahahah

Seriously, kill yourself.
>>
If you play a tube amp, buy a Klon-type pedal. Those fuckers can do anything from super subtle crunch to smooth and creamy and make it sound amazing. Also I have a huge hard-on for Ibanez's new Mini Chorus, but I don't have any money right now. Don't underestimate the power of chorus.
>>
>>66162082
M E M E
E
M
E
>>
>>66162105
You see, everything that's genuinely good is bound to be considered a meme by unattentive people. The fans discuss it because it's good and stupid memewankers will after some time interpret it als memery.
>>
>>66162424
>>66162105
Also, making nice music is only good for picking up women and women are a meme, so all guitar pedals are memes, except the ones that make your guitar sound like shit. Everyone should play Behringer Ultra Metal pedals into cheap radio alarm clocks.
>>
File: 1463518613235.jpg (72 KB, 1024x444) Image search: [Google]
1463518613235.jpg
72 KB, 1024x444
>>66162501
>>
>>66161791

usa. 'the nut' comes from poker, digging deep into muh lingo

it means the best so yeah, good taste
>>
>>66162501
>tfw I just bought a behringer ultra metal pedal for use in my harsh noise project
Feels good actually
>>
>>66157922
all you reall need is a delay and some kind of distortion for that, like others have said. My recomendation: MXR Distortion+ (or some clone version) and boss dd-7. You can do alot with these two and come in at under $200 if you buy used. Maybe use the extra $50-60 and buy a cheep modulation pedal of your choice. For post punk I would choose come kind of flanger as it's harsher than chorus.
>>
I play prog/psych/jazz/dreampop

Most of my pedals are EHX

Behringer AB foot switch so I can switch between instruments and amps, an EHX small stone phaser, EHX Small Clone Chorus, A CryBaby wah, Behringer distortion, EHX Holy Grail reverb,an EHX volume pedal and an EHX 360 looper, EHX superego, Moog Flanger,
B9 organ machine, Fuzz face, Blues Driver, Hum debugger, and a Critter & Guitari Videoscope to use for the visuals. I hook it up to a projector and it takes my sound output and turns it into visuals
>>
>>66161857
Not the same guy but having a blues driver with 10 o'clock tone after a reverb (preferably a ehx holy grail in hall at 11) sounds majestic asf

Just swapping around your traditional pedal order can give you some real good stuff laddie
>>
File: wp_ss_20160705_0002.png (1 MB, 1080x1437) Image search: [Google]
wp_ss_20160705_0002.png
1 MB, 1080x1437
>D-do you really think I'm cute, anon-kun?!
>Y-you're making me blush...
>>
Can someone rec me a good whammy pedal for bass guitar?

Right now i have a Big Muff Pi and a Boss-dd7 delay. I'm trying to make some noise rock, so the whackier the sound the better as long as it's consistent. What are some other pedals that i should consider? I was thinking about getting a pitch shifter like the Earthquaker Pitch Bay.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.