[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mfw Larkin Grimm's r a e p song is actually really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: Gira.jpg (70 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
Gira.jpg
70 KB, 1200x675
>mfw Larkin Grimm's r a e p song is actually really good

https://larkingrimm.bandcamp.com/track/i-dont-believe

Free download too.

I honestly only discovered Larkin Grimm after the whole rape thing, but man she's released some pretty great material. Any fans around? Favourite album? Did you know her before the whole rape thing? Did it have an effect on how you regard her or Swans? I was a bit weirded out at first but now the whole thing seems to have blown over for the most part, I'm able to enjoy the work of both artists.
>>
>Larkin is a wild-ass Georgia mountain woman, or She-Shaman, or something. Ha ha!
- Michael Gira
>>
>>66100053
>listens to tumblr core
>>
>>66100078
>listens to /mu/core
>>
rather listen too Joanna Newsom
than this generic freak folk

My heart is empty.
My soul is empty too.
I feel dead inside,
Don't you?

My world was never safe.

like wtf is this shit. I see 14 year olds on my tumblr write this all day
>>
>>66100053
Eh. I honestly wouldn't want to be friends with her (or Gira, for that matter). They both seem like horrible, fucked up people. I just dig their work.

>>66100078
>not being able to appreciate music expressing views you don't agree with
pls quit art

>>66100109
>rather listen to Joanna Newsom
Yeah she's obviously the superior artist. They sound nothing alike though. MAYBE Joanna's debut sounds a bit like some of Larkin's material, but that's it.

Larkin's lyrics can get super cringe yeah, I agree.
>>
>>66100143
>They both seem like horrible, fucked up people.
mikey seems pretty sweet tbqh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcVoqqJ_i14
>>
>>66100196
I once met him after a gig and he turned out to be one of the most unpleasant people I have ever met. He instantly knew who I was and must've felt somewhat competitive. He grabbed my hand to shake it but then he started an attempt to crush it. It was quite painful, he's a big strong lumberjack kind of guy. His breath reeked of alcohol (not even of beer but harder stuff like vodka or whisky) and as he was squeezing my hand he lowered his head to my face with a grimaced smile. I thought to myself, "what an asshole." So yeah, basically he's a rapist desu.
>>
File: The-Twa-Corbies.jpg (290 KB, 1391x1888) Image search: [Google]
The-Twa-Corbies.jpg
290 KB, 1391x1888
>>66100053
>Tony Visconti on bass
No fucking way. There's no way she got David Bowie's producer on this shit
>>
>>66100317
He hates Gira
>>
File: arthurrackham_goblinmarket_100.jpg (350 KB, 1061x1600) Image search: [Google]
arthurrackham_goblinmarket_100.jpg
350 KB, 1061x1600
>>66100519
Damn, so I all I got to do to get Tony Visconti to play on my album is accuse Michael Gira of raping me?

Sign me the fuck up
>>
>>66100277
tony visconti?
>>
>>66100317
>>66100565
Based pics senpai.
>tfw no fruits to suck and suck and suck the more and suck until my lips are sore
>>
She's a completely bland folk artist with an awfully forced "freak" angle.
>>
>>66100875
>is fucking insane and it shows in her music
>awfully forced "freak" angle

It might not work for you but I have no doubt this bitch isn't forcing herself to make "freak" music.
>>
>>66100053
yes i used to really like larkin grim a bit over her now idk i only listen to leonard cohen and graceland and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFVj4s3HMxk now
>>
>>66101402
Hey this is actually pretty bad totally cringe.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.