[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which rappers don't have their own style?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
I'm not talking about rappers who consistently sound like one other rapper, but those who always sound different. Asap rocky, Travis Scott, Vic Mensa, The Game, Logic and Wiz Khalifa come to mind
>>
>>65739556

Wiz has made the same song over and over again since 2010 what are you talking about?

Travis is getting stagnant too
>>
>>65739589
He went from sounding like juelz, to jeezy, to max b, to whatever trap rapper is biggest
>>
All those rappers definitely have fairly consistent rapping styles. Just because they don't always sound EXACTLY the same on every track like Big L doesn't mean they can't be pigeonholed.
>>
Logic is the one and only honestly
>>
>>65739556
>Rappers that suck and sound the same
>>
Drake

He just looks at whatever's popping at the time and jacks it.
>>
>>65739710

this

and he does it very well
>>
>>65739696
I don't get how he gets away with his blatant biting desu.

Some of the tracks on his most recent album sounded straight up stolen.

Dunno why his fans stand up for him.

I wonder how long the "nice cool relatable guy with the YouTube gaming channel" thing will work for him before people really start getting annoying at his biting.
>>
>>65739710
Or relies on his hip-hop hipster knowledge to try and glean whole verses off of older rappers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mivn3HnB8P4
>>
>>65739863
That song's a regional classic, nothing really hipster about it. plus he took like 4 lines and changed them. Yea 4 tay deserves money since it's a song on a major label album, but to get all up in arms about it makes him look insecure about his own place in hip hop.
>>
>>65740018
No point in feeling secure when somebody's stolen from you and sold it for higher. Only hipsters would know regional classics from outside of their regions.
>changed them
Great, the first mad libs rapper, enjoy him.
>>
>>65740091
rappers have been remaking older lines forever...a whole 4th of a verse is a little excessive but it's nothing new....and what do you consider a hipster?....Bay area hip hop had a strong following in places like kansas city and houston in the 90s.
>>
>rap
No instruments, no real singing performance just speaking in rhythm.
>>
>>65739750
>don't get how he gets away with his blatant biting desu.
He is white bro
Same reason eminem is crowned king but never gets played in any hood or any rap station besides when his label pays for promo for and album
>>
Danny Brown?
>>
>>65741440
>no instruments
the fuck
>>
>>65740158
No one is safe almost EVERYONE who is big steal others beats and lyrcics half the time the dont even know they are doing it because they have half their music ghost written by a bunch of song writers
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H3Sv2zad6s
here you go this is stevie wonder.
Heard this song before right?
>>
>>65741626
:/

Game is the epitome of unoriginality.

>disappearing store front captcha
i fucking hate this site.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.