[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did they make such a perfect album? There aren't any
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: The_Strokes_-_Is_This_It_cover.png (67 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
The_Strokes_-_Is_This_It_cover.png
67 KB, 300x300
How did they make such a perfect album? There aren't any deep cuts here, every song on it is just amazing.
>>
I've always disliked when it started, it sounds like a cheap copy of VU's "rock and roll"
>>
Listening to it for the first time, at the title track ATM...

When did the meme that copying-pasting a phrase one hundred times is somehow valid music start again?
>>
>>65666277
>expecting to like an album on first listen
wew
>>
>>65666445
this is one of the few albums where if you don't like it on first listen you're retarded
>>
>>65666445
>listening to an album more than once out of internalized conviction that you are supposed to like it
>>
>>65666183
I couldn't agree more. This album is perfect all the way through
>>
>>65666183
It's not hard when each song sounds the same

On an unrelated note, someone is getting 6 6s soon
>>
>>65666445
is this it is pretty easy to listen to. it's straightforward and catchy, you should definitely 'get it' on the first listen.
>>65666525
retard
>>
>>65666468
>>65666525
>>65666560
I didn't like it on first listen, I thought it was overhyped indie garbage until I came back to it.
>>
>>65666560
>retard

Literally 99% of music outside my usual tastes repeats itself for minutes on end, and I only bother with albums that are recommended to begin with, such as jazz records. Life is too short to listen to a five-second sample put on repeat.
>>
>>65666245
Tips fedora
>>
its a great album been bumping it recently

alone together and hard to explain have been my favs for a while now but youre right, no bad songs
>>
>Best
Trying Your Cuck
>Runner-up
Someday
>Worst
Take It Or Leave It
>Overrated
Hard to Explain
>Underrated
Alone, Together
>>
>>65666977
Oddly enough, those sounds are the only one's I'm not gigantic fans of. The first 3-4 tracks are my favorite
>>
>>65666977
Oddly enough, those sounds are the only one's I'm not gigantic fans of. The first 3-4 tracks are my favorite, actually
>>
File: react17.png (297 KB, 338x479) Image search: [Google]
react17.png
297 KB, 338x479
>>65667169
>>65667086
Shit double post mb
>>
>>65666622
that's a result of your perception of the album, not the actual musical content.
>>
>>65667062
>best
is this it
>runner up
take it or leave it or trying your luck
>worst
soma
>overrated
someday
>underrated
is this it
>>
>>65667500
>Worst
>Soma
Fuck off.
>>
>>65667500
nigger
>best
Soma
>Runner-up
The Modern Age
>Worst
title track
>Overrated
Last Nite
>>
it's a knee
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nisfwFEM8I
>>
>>65668372
If that's a knee then they must have the smallest hands in the world
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.