[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Beatles thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: The-Beatles-Logo01.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1104) Image search: [Google]
The-Beatles-Logo01.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1104
Why are there no Beatles threads here? They shaped modern music as a whole. There's a reason why they're considered one of the greatest rock and roll bands of all time.
>>
>>65652571
he fact that so many books still name the Beatles "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success: the Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worth of being saved.
>>
The Beatles are a suck
>>
>>65652589
It's not being blinded by commercial success when they were commercially successful because they were so good.
>>
>>65652571
Hi newfriend.
>>
>>65652571
They were overrated, OK I guess though.
George was best beatle btw.
>>
IMO, they were good from rubber soul to magical mystery tour. everything before and after that is mediocre pop garbage.
>>
>>65652694
How can you not like Abbey Road and at least some portions of the S/T?
>>
File: S.png (549 KB, 599x381) Image search: [Google]
S.png
549 KB, 599x381
I just fucking love how Ringo stuggles to leave the horse.
>>
>>65652589
Scaruffi does it again, Beatles fans on suicide watch.
>>
Good band. I prefer Beach Boys though. Sure Beatles were more consistent but Pet Sounds and Smile are just monumental pop records that none other can rival.
>>
>>65652694
>he doesn't love Help!
>>
Nobody give a shit
>>
>>65652589
>he fact
>>
>>65652589
Getting real tired of this pasta
>>
>>65652571
You must be new here. There's at least one Beatles thread each day.

>>65652607
You fell for the Scruffy Copy Pasta.

>>65652663
Ringo and George are tied for first place.

>>65652694
The Beatles never put out a bad record, imho.

>>65653958
If it weren't for Pet Sounds, there would be no Sgt. Pepper. On the other hand, if Smile was released on time, in the way Brian heard/envisioned it, I think it would've given Sgt. Pepper a good run for it's money.
>>
>>65652571
>Why are there no Beatles threads here?
Enjoying your first week on /mu/?
>>
>>65655433
>If it weren't for Pet Sounds, there would be no Sgt. Pepper. On the other hand, if Smile was released on time, in the way Brian heard/envisioned it, I think it would've given Sgt. Pepper a good run for it's money.
Let's not forget that Brian heard songs from the Sgt Pepper sessions and said they beat him to the punch.
>>
>>65653958
>Pet Sounds and Smile are just monumental pop records that none other can rival.
You mean Smiley Smile.

And no, it's kinda shit.
>>
Rolling Stones > the beatles
>>
>>65655687
No, he means Smile. Smiley Smile is very different, I hope you know
>>
>>65655748
Smile was never completed, so he can't mean that.
>>
File: tumblr_melkiq1c391rvfns3o1_1280.jpg (191 KB, 681x455) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_melkiq1c391rvfns3o1_1280.jpg
191 KB, 681x455
>>65652589
>Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success: the Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest.

Makes me kek every time.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.