[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people hate metal so much and say it's for children?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 234
Thread images: 37
File: tumblr_mw5kywmxmd1s68914o3_400.jpg (42 KB, 302x448) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mw5kywmxmd1s68914o3_400.jpg
42 KB, 302x448
Why do people hate metal so much and say it's for children? Is it just because they don't know how to play the guitar? Is it just too complex and abrasive?
>>
it's because it's for children
>>
People hate what they don't understand
>>
technicality doesn't mean maturity
>>
>>65626697
name a great metal album that is in no way edgy or trying to appeal to 16 year olds.

protip: it's literally impossible
>>
>>65626697
It's because of people like you.
>>
>Is it just because they don't know how to play the guitar?

I'm convinced a fair amount of Metalheads don't, either. A lot of acclaimed guitarists in Metal are pretty shitty songwriters OR just plain shitty guitarists. Chuck in particular is one of the most overrated guitarists of all time. Masvidal and LaRocque (especially LaRocque) ran rings around him.
>>
Metal is really silly and the harder it and it's fans try not to be the sillier they look
>>
when will the "le serious redpilled metalhead" meme end

riffs and the technical proficiency are fun to hear, nothing else to it.
>>
>terrible vocals
>edgy
>immature
>lack of well constructed melodies
>inaudible bass
>>
>>65626970
>lack of well constructed melodies

holy fuck are you gay?
>>
If you are really getting in to it, Metal can exhausting. The distortion and overall loudness on the mix is punishing on my ears over long periods of time. Again, it's the mix, turning it lower on the speaker doesn't reduce the strain.

I loved metal as a teen but i just can't listen to metal for hours at a time anymore. It's just this infrequent reward i give myself when i need a pick me up.
>>
>>65626970
>inaudible bass
Mediocre bait
>>
>>65627031
is this bait? well constructed melodies in metal? pretty much the only known metal band in the past 60 years to incorporate actual musical complexity is avenged sevenfold, and look at the laud they get. they're shit on by the metal community, because metal doesnt give a fuck about musical quality. it cares about mindless, masturbatory chugging of D5 powerchords and elitism, not quality.
>>
There's 1 good metal album ever made, and it's Holy Diver by Dio.
>>
People that exclusively listen to metal and hardcore music are for the most part huge pussies/autists

Metal has always been a hyper masculine genre of music. i suppose these people need to get this masculine aggression out somehow. Metal is their outlet. It's fast, heavy, and abrasive, which attracts its target audience (pussies)

Also saying metal is "too complex for the feeble minds of society's sheeple" is retarded because most of the most popular metal is in verse/chorus form. a typical rebuttal to this increadible revolution goes as follows
>muh Necrophagist

Don't even get me started on the "metal is modern classical music" meme. That phrase is thrown around by metal heads in an attempt to prove that their favorite genre is worth some weight

All in all, metal isn't that bad tho.
>>
>>65626697
it's loud buttrock for gays and losers
>>
>>65627137
>listening to metal to release anger

who the fuck does this
>>
It's technical, fast, and hard to play, but complex? :^) Rarely
>>
>>65627162
it's called sublimation and a lot of psychologist would agree that it's healthy
>>
Only doom and proto metal are any good t.b.h f.a.m
>>
>>65626732
pelican was pretty cool when they came out.
>>
>>65627346
Fuck off pretentious faggot
>>
>>65627399
Butthurt death metal babby detected
>>
>>65626732
anything by gojira
>>
File: frostbitten.jpg (258 KB, 1095x730) Image search: [Google]
frostbitten.jpg
258 KB, 1095x730
>>
>>65627488
Nice unfunny 3 year old meme
>>
>>65627522
truth hurts I guess
>>
people dont hate metal you just made an assumption
you know what they say about assumptions
>>
>>65627805
yea you made an ass out of sump ton
>>
>>65627805
it makes and ass out of you
>>
File: Faggot.jpg (97 KB, 647x714) Image search: [Google]
Faggot.jpg
97 KB, 647x714
People who strictly listen to metal area bunch of try hard cunts. I was that kid all the way up until I was 19 and looking back I was a giant douchebag. I would hear other genres of music and secretly like it but not listen to it like some pretentious bitch.
Metal heads act like they're most special form of life in the universe all because they listen to metal and don't "conform to mainstream culture". Get the fuck outta hear, listening to Manowar doesn't make you special it makes you a fucking faggot.
Not to mention metal heads are butthurt elitist fucks, have you ever tried talking to some of those faggots? Pro tip, you can't because everything you like fucking sucks and you're a poser. They act like metal is the most difficult fucking thing in the world to play, like you have to be a fucking alchemist to play melodic death metal. Yeah dude blast beats you guys are fucking wizards.
And the worst ones are the adults. 50 year old wash ups with skullets and cum stained Slayer t-shirts. Like yea bro that's real cool I wanna be just like you when I'm 50 single, haven't been laid in years, working at SEARS and living off of Carls Jr. BUT AT LEAST YOU LISTEN TO SLAAAAAYYYYERRRR AMA RIGHT MAN?! YOU LOOK SO FUCKING COOL WITH YOUR CHROME JEWELRY AND LEATHER BRACELETS? WHAT'S THAT? YOU USED TO RENT MONEY TO BUY MEXICAN BRICK WEED AND FLOOR TICKETS TO MEGADETH ?! OH WELL WHO NEEDS A PLACE TO LIVE WHEN YOU'RE FUCKING METAAAAAAUUUUUGGGGHHHHLLLLLLL!!!
>>
So is metal shit?
>>
denying the importance of metal only proves your ignorance of music and musical culture, therefore your opinion is invalid.
>>
>>65626697
I admire metal's integrity, brutality, and obsessiveness, but I can't stand its delusions of grandeur the way it apes and misapprehends reactionary notions of nobility
>>
>>65629441
Wrong, metal only appeals to edgelords and children. How is that 'musically culture'?
>>
>>65626697
anyone who dismisses any form of music out of hand is already an idiot and are not worth your time. I stopped listening to metal about a year ago and exclusively listen to classical now, but honestly if I had to pick between metal and most of this shit on this board I would absolutely take the metal
>>
>>65626743
I came here to post this
>>
>>65629474
because your wrong, youre on the metal hate bandwagon because you just instantly dismiss metal as a genre because you havnt taken the time to listen to metal. the metal culture is far more prominent than any other style of music, and you cant deny that.
>>
It's just theatrical so it gets pretty corny. I like melvins and suma and and some grindcore and shit like that though.
>>
ITT: Plebs who are too stupid to realise they are plebs

'hurr durr genre is this'

what a fucking bunch of retarded children.
>>
File: Christgau.jpg (25 KB, 300x441) Image search: [Google]
Christgau.jpg
25 KB, 300x441
"In theory, metal is today's real rock and roll--the music of the people. It's basic, it's rude, kids love it, parents hate it. But the closer you look, the stupider and more delusory it seems. Metal isn't basic--it cultivates a pseudo-virtuosity that negates content. The dreams it promulgates are usually foolish and often destructive. Eighty per cent of the "people" who like it are male, and 98 per cent of them are white."
>>
>>65626732
Crack the Skye by Mastodon
>written by the drummer in honor of his older sister who committed suicide
>>
>>65626970
There are tons of melodies in Metal you just typed melodic Metal and you'll find many melodic bands
>>
>>65626697
The way it treats music
>mo4r! Fastr! Tune down! Brutl vox amirite?

Totally pleb kids shit. The actual aggression that people love so much in metal is done better by genres like industrial.
>>
>>65627106
In flames had better melodies than most folk bands do. Protip: Instruments other than vocals can have melodies
>>
>>65626697

If you can't sit down in a comfy chair while sipping a glass of champagne while listening to said genre through your 5.1 sound system, it's most likely pleb tier.
>>
>>65629895
this is the most basic pleb reddit shit I've ever heard

kill yourself
>>
>>65629917

Spotted the metalfag
>>
>>65627044
That's why I like And Justice For All. The thin-sounding mix is pretty easy on the ears compared to MOP and may be why it's a lot of people's favorite Metallica record.
>>
>>65626732
Dream >>65626732
Dream Theater's Octavarium
>>
>>65629970
>Metal
>>
File: tumblr_inline_ngw82ynuOb1qbhn1g.png (385 KB, 500x683) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_ngw82ynuOb1qbhn1g.png
385 KB, 500x683
>>65629970

>TRAPPED INSIDE THIS OCTAVARIUM
>>
>>65629835
good post, you sure showed them
>>
Because its bound to be shit. When an artist makes art it has to be personal. With the image of brutality, violence and tough guys (needless to say 99% of them are really nice cool guys), it almost always, if you are not a true psychopath like burzum, it almost always comes off as pretense, dettached vacant pretense. Metal is wrestling of music. And wrestling is for kids and some undeveloped adults
>>
File: 488963736.jpg (224 KB, 396x594) Image search: [Google]
488963736.jpg
224 KB, 396x594
When metal musicians get older most of them will start to change their style to something less aggressive, more mature, more listenable. This one didn't.
>>
File: image.jpg (103 KB, 620x670) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103 KB, 620x670
>>65629526
>metal cuck detected
>>
>>65630254
Based kerry king
>>
>>65629526
>metal
>culture
what an embarrassing post
>>
What's ironic is that all the people who say metal is for edgy children are, themselves, edgy children.

I guarantee it.
>>
>>65626729
ditto

>>65626732
Boris at last: Feedbacker
(debatable whether it's actually metal)
>>
File: -s m u g.jpg (5 KB, 247x247) Image search: [Google]
-s m u g.jpg
5 KB, 247x247
>>65627106
>pretty much the only known metal band in the past 60 years to incorporate actual musical complexity is avenged sevenfold
>>
File: 1461702173359.png (372 KB, 1005x576) Image search: [Google]
1461702173359.png
372 KB, 1005x576
>>65627106
>avenged sevenfold
>>
i think metal like any genre has a lot of good and bad music
abrassiveness isn't necessarily a bad thing if youre in the mood for it
but like any genre its bound to have shitty fans
listening to only metal is fucking stupid and close minded but so is dissing a genre because you dont like its fans
>>
>>65631096
/thread/
>>
>>65626970
>>65626732
Clearly you are the kind of people that was shown 1 bad metal song 1 time when you where younger and said to yourself 'all metal sounds like this'

Metal is a lot broader than you think. There is the cringy shit made for depressed 16 year olds but there are also some amazing pieces.

Just need to be open minded and not assume that they are all the same
>>
>>65627106
>There is only one word that can explain this post
>bait
>>
It's because metalheads wanna be victim so badly
>>
>>65626970
>inaudible bass
listen to better metal lmao
>>
>>65626732
Let's go old school here;
Iron maiden
>>
>the only metal that /mu/ likes is Earth 2, Master of Reality, Dopesmoker and Dopethrone.
>>
File: shels sea of dying dhow.jpg (31 KB, 280x280) Image search: [Google]
shels sea of dying dhow.jpg
31 KB, 280x280
theres a shitton of edgelord metal, most metal with vocals actually, especially metalcore and shit like that. but some subgenres are actually okay and have decent artists. i like buckethead for example and prog metal in general has a bunch of okay artists. nobody really famous or acclaimed or anything, but guys like sithu aye and plini. post-metal guys like isis are okay.
>>
>>65626970
If you take out edgy of the equation, that's top 40 pop.
>>
>>65627162
>he's never went to a slam/hardcore show
>>
>>65631386
>being 18- b&
>>
>>65631096
>literally the only person in the thread making any sense while /mu/ tries to be funny with hyperbole and shitty bait and it's super cringy: the post
>>
>>65631477
This happens at least once a thread.
Usually no one pays attention to it because everyone's much more interested in their little pissing contests.
Kudos on you for breaking that trend.
>>
>>65626697
Dude, it's a meme.
Also, they play and act as autistic
>>
Lmao, clicked on this for lulz, most of you fags have just never really listened to good metal. Whatever, Im gonna go get high and listen to rata blanca before going to work
>>
tfw no qt sludge metal gf
>>
>>65626697
Man, why do you care? Just listen to what you like. Jesus Chrispies
>>
>>65626732
Blues For The Red Sun
>>
File: 2016-06-13-08-47-38-1297205152.jpg (12 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-13-08-47-38-1297205152.jpg
12 KB, 225x225
Whats wrong with metal is the culture and cupping the mic to do those absurd demon growls without clarity. Lyrics are typically so juvenile they leave the uninitiated feeling ... idunno, look, smart folks can rarely enjoy it. The elitism is tacky as noted.

Metal hasnt been relevant since Dime died. The dragon has been slayed but its tail still swishes, thats all.
>>
>>65626732
anything by Opeth, Mastodon, Converge, Between the Buried and Me..
>>
>>65626697
Was Chuck a queer? I watched some interviews, he seems like a homo
>>
>>65632367
It is a widely accepted belief that he was a poof.
>>
>>65626970

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSgzBJWYVso
>>
>>65632367
>>65632400
Didn't he have a girlfriend?
>>
>>65629847
>98 per cent of them are white

Bullshit, hispanics and asians are huge market in metal.
>>
Who gives a shit what /mu/,
the board populated 80/20 with unironic cucks, thinks?
>>
>>65630077
>I only seen Manowar video on MTV
>>
>>65627044
>Again, it's the mix, turning it lower on the speaker doesn't reduce the strain

Funny, lower volume always made it better for me. You must have tinnitus or something.

Especially late 90s-early 2000s stuff like A7X is so brickwalled that you have to turn the volume waaayyyyy down to get a comfortable sound level.
>>
>>65632487
And Elton John had a wife. What's your point?
>>
>>65627044
Generally speaking, older people dislike loud music and sound in general because of age-related loss of high frequency hearing. This tends to result in the rhythm section of a song sounding much louder than the vocals/lead instruments which causes you to hear this almost headache-inducing WUM WUM WUM that may not be as perceptible to a 16 year old.

Of course if you have a predisposition against certain music types to begin with, you tend to perceive them as louder than they actually are.
>>
>>65632863
Also women tend to dislike loud noises more than me.
>>
metal is repetitive and focuses on mechanical masturbation. i dont care how fast you can play, it doesnt impress me or entertain me intellectually
>>
>>65626732

Iron Maiden's Powerslave.
>>
>>65626697
I think that I think it's for children cause it's lyrics are all mad agressive and terrible and I had anger issues in my teen years so it seems like something I may have liked at say 15
>>
>>65626732
name a great hip-hop album that is in no way edgy or trying to appeal to 16 year olds.

name a great electronic music album that is in no way edgy or trying to appeal to 16 year olds.

name a great rock album that is in no way edgy or trying to appeal to 16 year olds.

name a great folk album that is in no way edgy or trying to appeal to 16 year olds.

protip: it's literally impossible
>>
>>65633123
Kek
>>
>>65632347
>plebs actually believe this
>>
Putting aside all the memes and trolling the honest answer is that it's not a very accessible or relatable genre, populated by a lot of bands that are what the average person (or even music enthusiast) would call 'edgy' or 'trying too hard' or just plain goofy and silly. Moreover, the tempo and mood of the music is usually pretty fast and aggressive, and not in the 'getting pumped up' way like a lot of hard-edged hip-hop songs.The fact that a lot of metal singers are usually either in the swords & sorcery tight-leather-pants-and-girly-voice camp, or the "FUCKING CORPSES RAINING BLOOD" camp doesn't help either. It's not exactly relatable rock n roll like Creedence Clearwater Revival or something.

What's great about metal is when it sort of transcends the tropes and can deliver fast, intricate, catchy compositions with powerful vocal deliveries. It's a blood-pumping and impressive style of music when delivered appropriately. There is a reason that Metallica has a lot of mainstream appeal and success, even if people prefer the Black Album to Kill Em All.

Basically metal is a victim of the tropes that define it in a lot of ways, and its reputation for being angsty teenagers is exactly because it is listened to by angsty teenagers.

Personally, I like a lot of metal songs but I can't possibly call myself a metalhead or anything like that. A lot of metal bands are not interesting to me because they don't do anything new or particularly interesting. The subculture doesn't appeal to me whatsoever.

That being said, Aces High is in my opinion one of the best metal songs, and a really great song in general. It's the quintessential good metal song. It moves quickly, it's very economical, it's not self-indulgent, and it just pours out catchy, interwoven riffs, and demonstrates both good songwriting and musicianship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO6giM9UAv0
>>
>>65631008
name me one then. pro tip: for someone who actually knows something about music theory, composition, and music history, dream theater isn't complex.

also, i'm guessing you can't listen by ear because the average metal fan's music experience comes from listening to amon amarth, burzum, etc., so you wouldn't be able to hear the difference between a random series of arpeggios following rudimentary, primitive chord progressions, vs an actual song. if you're gonna try to argue that avenged sevenfold doesn't have musical complexity, more so than pretty much 90% of KNOWN metal bands, you're just literally wrong. there is no subjectivity about it. you just don't know anything about music and just have no clue how wrong you are, because the literal notes themselves can't change.

that being said, i can't advocate for avenged sevenfold being a fantastic band, because just because it's complex, doesn't mean it's good.
>>
>>65631156
This. THIS.
>>
>>65633173
>name a great hip-hop album that is in no way edgy or trying to appeal to 16 year olds.
j-zone - fish and grits

i don't listen to enough of the others tho, so i can't say
>>
>>65633251

this although you're basically saying that good metal is 80's metal, which although is probably the most 'accessible' or whatever i dont agree with. but youre right that metal is a v self indulgent genre and really inward looking. its pretty divorced from the rest of the music scene.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ln3qxOUqsQ

Like, really how can you listen to this as a casual outsider?
>>
>>65633251

Metal will never be CCR and it never should be. It's trying to be escapist and about complexity and musicianship rather than being poppy or catchy.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (198 KB, 3000x1688) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
198 KB, 3000x1688
>>65633341
>>
Because it's a genre mainly marketed to boneheaded people who think louder means better. The other side of it is overthought, overwrought collection of avant-garde tunes with no fun at all.

So, exactly like electronics. That's why it's shit which normal people don't listen to.
>>
>>65633369
You are tipping?
>>
>>65633319
All the songs on that album are exactly the same and pretty much everything disliked about metal in the last 20 years.
>>
>>65633380
>The other side of it is overthought, overwrought collection of avant-garde tunes with no fun at all.
what is circuscore
>>
File: 5801485.png (88 KB, 320x224) Image search: [Google]
5801485.png
88 KB, 320x224
>>65633380
>showing off the fact you think two major genres are crap
>think all electronic music is dubstep
>thinking avant-garde stuff is bad
Wow this has to be the most plebian post i have seen in a while
>>
>>65630077
varg is actually a really chill guy in his interviews, people say he's a psycho just because of the stabbing which was in self defense and he didn't even burn the churches
>>
>>65633380
Electronic has infiltrated every normie genre out there
>>
>>65632694
>And Elton John had a wife.
So did Micheal Jackson.
>>
File: metal is for children.jpg (104 KB, 304x480) Image search: [Google]
metal is for children.jpg
104 KB, 304x480
>>65626697
>Why do people hate metal so much and say it's for children?
>>
File: 1437390518560.jpg (464 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1437390518560.jpg
464 KB, 600x600
>>65626697
>mfw indiecucks try to discus metal again

Stick to Deafheaven and Death Grips faggots
>>
>>65626970
>needing a melody
Wow sorry to hear about your terminal plebness
>>
File: Megadeth-Youthanasia.jpg (54 KB, 300x304) Image search: [Google]
Megadeth-Youthanasia.jpg
54 KB, 300x304
>>65626732
>>
>>65632347

This guy knows what's up
>>
File: Hipster_Metal.jpg (1 MB, 1243x709) Image search: [Google]
Hipster_Metal.jpg
1 MB, 1243x709
>>65626732
>>
>>65633144
>all
>>
>>65632347
Such a shit list. true, but shit.
>>
>>65632248
>wiseblood

P A T R I C I A N

A

T

R

I

C

I

A

N
>>
>>65634203
how could you put deafheaven and death grips in the same comment. fucking gross.
>>
People hate every genre. "It's for children" is the standard insult for metal because the stereotypical metal lyrics and aesthetics are not-actually-edgy teenager crap.
>>
most of the people here are fucking retards holy shit. pick up a guitar and try playing some children of bodom or idon't know, even megadeth. of course there is bad metal but in general the genre is far more complex than any shit you listen to except classical music of course
>>
File: panopticon.jpg (42 KB, 628x628) Image search: [Google]
panopticon.jpg
42 KB, 628x628
Daily reminder this is the best metal album of all time. It's also the best album of the 21st century so far. It's one of a handful of perfect albums ever released
>>
File: pic-14.jpg (31 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
pic-14.jpg
31 KB, 400x267
>>65626697
>scawy cookie monster vocals/shrieks
>edgy permateen lyrics
>grown men obsessed with grimtard imagery and attire
Then they angrily try to pummel you with volume/speed/technicality for not taking them seriously for the above infractions. Metal is the literal definition of childishness.
>>
File: cover32655_221850.jpg (70 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
cover32655_221850.jpg
70 KB, 200x200
>>65634389
>>65634404
there is no bad or good. only what you like and what you don't. the sooner we all get over that, the sooner we can just enjoy music without the bullshit.

someone give me something new to listen to that's on par with this (bone awl - almost dead man)
>>
>>65633248
>>65634355
All those bands except BTBAM are great faggot
>>
Metal isn't for children. It's for your inner child.
>>
>>65626697
>metal sucks because it's just noise and too edgy
>proceeds to listen to Swans, Merzbow and Throbbing Gristle

Gotta love /mu/ double standards
>>
>>65634429
>>65634448
>>65634550

/thread
>>
>>65634313
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASYGptARh8g

>in no way edgy
>>
>>65633259
Dear lord. This is some tasty bait.
>>
>>65634538
Great at sucking? of course.
>>
>>65634561
I don't think anyone here actually listens to Throbbing Gristle.
>>
>>65634561
>/mu/
>collectively agreeing on anything
>>
This thread is Poseur by excellence
>>
>>65634650
I don't really find that song edgy, it's more just a generic "long time rocker reflecting back on his career" song.
>>
Besides, Youthanasia is just generic 90s alt rock. It's barely even "metal".
>>
>>65635169
OK then, tell me this isn't edgy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aU-dKoFZT0A

the french chorus is too cringeworthy to take
>>
>metal
>muh aggression
>muh dark and edgy lyrics
>muh fast playing=skill
>muh chord progressions that still sound like shit
>muh fat fanbase that all wear clothes 4 sizes too big(i dont even know how its possible but they do)
>muh if it doesnt have Sick guitar solos then it isnt music
>muh born in the wrong generation

There is literally nothing more pathetic than metal and its fans
>>
>>65635229
>That
>edgy
Oh you didn't even scrape the surface yet M8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbwBybxZtac
>>65635254
>i'll add muh so it sounds like it's bad
>>
>>65635254
This is the equivalent of saying all hiphopfags are either gangbanging misogynistic materialist niggers or wiggers that try to act like one
>>
>>65633259
senpai this is beautiful
>>
so what's wrong with edgyness exactly ? is it because /b/ told ya so ?
>>
>>65632519
>column written in 1988
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuUphbx-Tu0

Go ahead, find something edgier than this. I'll wait.
>>
>>65635337
And? Isnt the point of this thread to make generalizations about a fanbase of a genre?

Are you really gonna get this assblasted?
>>
>>65632863
i agree. back in the 90s, my grandmother used to hate my alternative rock CDs but if I played the same songs on acoustic, she enjoyed a lot of them. it was more the loud, crunchy guitars than the words she couldn't get past.
>>
>>65626697
Because, even in 2016 when the individual is deified and feelings are the new religion, people still think anger is only for immature people who can't control themselves. Anger is associated with you, so if you're angry you're literally acting like a child in most people's minds.

Which is why most blues albums are made by older people. Being sad when you're a kid makes you a little bitch, but being sad when you're an adult and should have a superior skill set to deal with life makes you soulful and sagacious.

So, angry sounding music=lol kids these days
>>
i'm not assblasted and you're overreacting.
>>
>>65635312
>Ill criticize his use of muh that'll get him!
>>
>>65635312
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzVHR-TrCxc
>>
>>65635411
>get told

>haha rused
>>65635432
That's now how you do it you dip, bring in actual arguments not tumblr maymays you nu-male cuck
>>
>>65635392
It was still bullshit in 1988. Japan and South America had flourishing metal scenes.
>>
>>65635229
>tidy radio-friendly jam with guest female vocalist and acoustic intro
Do you even know what "edgy" means?
>>
>>65631344
>i don't like metal
>except for prog metal, post-metal, and buckethead

jesus christ these are the people dissing metal
>>
>>65635460
Yes but in the 80s, there was no Internet so most US-based critics had almost no access to anything beyond major label releases. There was a whole world of amazing music out there in Japan, Brazil, and Germany but nobody in America ever knew about it.
>>
>>65635462
you sure you quoted the right post there, champ?
>>
File: 1465761256237.jpg (18 KB, 562x433) Image search: [Google]
1465761256237.jpg
18 KB, 562x433
>>65635478
>Yes but in the 80s, there was no Internet so most US-based critics had almost no access to anything beyond major label releases. There was a whole world of amazing music out there in Japan, Brazil, and Germany but nobody in America ever knew about it.

This is an abstract kind of idiocy
>>
>leave /mu/ the job of discussing metal
>>
File: 1464758856074.jpg (166 KB, 800x844) Image search: [Google]
1464758856074.jpg
166 KB, 800x844
>Metal sux. muh music is better (insert shitty argument here).
>Nah ur music sux ballz (insert shitty argument here)
It's like watching children argue.
Listen to what you want, you retards.
>>
>>65635527
moo pre-2012 won't have any problem with that.
>>
>all these metalfags
>all these youtube-tier comments of 'music is music!!!!'

I am cringing my face off, it really is summer.
>>
>>65626697
Because it's not a "cool" genre since the 90's, that's why

The "cool" genre now is nigger music like trap or some unknown post-modern meme genre like interdimensional folk or something like that
>>
File: Fucking hipsters.jpg (67 KB, 500x682) Image search: [Google]
Fucking hipsters.jpg
67 KB, 500x682
>>65635639
>>
>>65632248
>Metal hasnt been relevant since Dime died
This is quite possibly the most retarded thing I've heard.
>>
>>65635555
>It's like watching children argue.
"like"
>>
>>65635439
Just look at all the buzzwords you used in that post nice man! You showed him! Insults over 4chan really hurt!

Im a huge cuck i just love black men fucking my wife. Im also voting for Hillary and all of your petty insults wont stop me it actually is making me want to shill for hillary more.

When will the newfags learn?
>>
>>65635671
>people who disagree look like this

metal babbys on suicide watch
>>
>>65635671
Those guys dress more /fa/ than fat metal heads that dont know personal hygiene. The only women who go to metal shows are midwest cows. While those guys probably fuck QT's.

Sucks mane
>>
>>65635708
>newfag

>>>/b/
>>65635722
Nice fallacy
>>65635731
>implying /fa/ is any good

I thought we where supposed to discuss the music, not the appearances
>>
>>65635671
nice impact font maymay, did you just steal it from 9gag
>>
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 230x219) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 230x219
The aggression man! Its SO FUCKIN BRUTAL. I JUST FUCKING LOVE IT PUSSYS CANT HANDLE FIGHTING ME AT CPNCERTS I ALSO KEEP A SWITCHBLADE ON ME JUST IN CASE SOMEONE DISSES THE CHORD PROGRESSIONS.

HAHA NU MALE KEKS YOULL NEVER BE AS MANLY AS ME

PIC RELATED ITS ME FAGGOTS
>>
>>65635731
no they dress like shit
>>65635769
>I went on /fa/ once and they made fun of me

It's okay lad I'm sure you're beautiful :^)
>>
>>65628098
Other people dont seem to have appreciated this post as much as I do.
>>
File: (You).jpg (31 KB, 329x450) Image search: [Google]
(You).jpg
31 KB, 329x450
>All these butthurt hipster indiefags

cry me a river
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 280x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 280x400
DUDE POWER CHORDS LMAO

Nu males need not apply.

This is what an alpha male looks like
>>
File: Jeremy_Davis_paramore.jpg (99 KB, 870x590) Image search: [Google]
Jeremy_Davis_paramore.jpg
99 KB, 870x590
Hahaha fucking aggressive cunts, I bet they don't appreciate women rights

>>65635846
>image

PLebbit
>>
>>65635731
Those guys aren't /fa/
>>
>>65635828
That guy is QT
>>
>>65635867
It's Devendra Banhart
>>
File: hipsters.jpg (206 KB, 750x412) Image search: [Google]
hipsters.jpg
206 KB, 750x412
Haha guys look will these fit with my Death Grips necklace xD ?

>>65635867
>ironically defending that abomination
>>
File: Benis.png (89 KB, 198x254) Image search: [Google]
Benis.png
89 KB, 198x254
BLEEEERGH
>>
File: tfw tonguing trough the maggots.png (135 KB, 340x346) Image search: [Google]
tfw tonguing trough the maggots.png
135 KB, 340x346
>>65635896
>tfw black semen on her slit
>>
This is now my favourite thread
>>
File: image051.jpg (189 KB, 1200x910) Image search: [Google]
image051.jpg
189 KB, 1200x910
Dude you like Deafheaven too ??? xD
>>
>>65635892
lol more like anco dressed like that.
>>
File: spasm1.jpg (28 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
spasm1.jpg
28 KB, 500x375
Who /bulldozing slamming brutality/ here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nkp48SZ0Gf4
>>
>>65635828
>>65635863
>>65635892
>metalfag got this buttblasted

lol
>>
File: image0152.jpg (46 KB, 503x700) Image search: [Google]
image0152.jpg
46 KB, 503x700
those metalheads man, lemme tell ya
>>
>>65635892
w2c death grips necklace
>>
>tfw indiefags vs. metalfags

Holy shit my time machine worked it's 2008 again
>>
>>65635954
>implying
Mu was mostly metal before 2012, then repressed indiefags stormed in
>>65635947

>2016
>Still using fallacies

Shiggy
>>
>implying you fagfags were ever at gig this fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Te9ZaXexmJk&nohtml5=False
>>
I'd make these matalplebs cry some more but picking on disabled children is just cringey so I'll stop.
>>
>>65631096
This, I tried metal but switched to Industrial and Power Electronics because that's the abrasive sound I prefer. Turns out, lots of Industrial and noise fags can be cringe, but it shouldn't detract that badly.
>>
>>65636083
Considering your grammar and spelling you should indeed stop typing
>>
>>65636083
And who taught you how to make people cry? tyrone when he was rectaly ravaging your girlfriend or her when she was ramming her strap on unto you?
>>
>>65634404
Nigger, I listen to Industrial, Dark Wave/Ambient, and Post-Punk, I have all the complexity I need.
>>
>>65635082
I do, Catholic Sex is some of their best work.
>>
adults listen to Kanye, Kendrick and Death Grips
Swans too if they're a new breed of cultured
>>
File: 1465826370208.png (317 KB, 796x712) Image search: [Google]
1465826370208.png
317 KB, 796x712
>>65636356
>age = taste
>>
>>65629917
He's right though.

Except I don't know why he's listening to music mixed to stereo on a 5.1 system. But whatever.
>>
>>65634650
Man. I forgot how boring chugging guitars were.
>>
>>65626732
Sunbather
Roots
>>
File: 1460633007728.png (107 KB, 776x529) Image search: [Google]
1460633007728.png
107 KB, 776x529
our boy bassius here to school you all
>>
>>65636145
Wow you really are obsessed aren't you?
>>
>>65636638
Actually, this was my first cuck joke ever.... how was it?
>>
>>65626732
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRwrg0db_zY
:^)
>>
>>65626732
https://youtu.be/QCswS5GkQRI?t=69
>>
I love how metal triggers nu-males so much
>>
>>65633585
>dindu naffin
>>
>>65626697
Some metal isn't like what you are describing.
Take this song for instance. The concept is 1980s rock with all the cheese and excess that came with it, from a modern day prog metal lens. It's a masterpiece in all honesty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnIraZRcxK0
>>
>>65637303
and then the metal babbies get triggered, thus begins an infinite loop of autism such as this thread
>>
>>65629970
not even memeing here; one of the best songs of all time
>>
>>65629970
I'm 3 songs in and it seems boring so far. Am I a pleb?
>>
>>65627106
>pretty much the only known metal band in the past 60 years to incorporate actual musical complexity is avenged sevenfold

oh come on, you had such a good chance to provide us with a good bait, and you screwed it up
>>
>>65626697
I taught myself guitar (not to a high standard but I can play indie mucore shit) and spent a few years learning jazz drumming.

Metal is still trite garbage.
>>
>>65639657
>still
you're still a pleb it seems
>>
>>65629895
That really sounds like a metalfag thing to do though.

It's theatrical and goofy and not about things that actually happen in real life. People don't wanna act like kids unless it's obvious to everyone that they're doing in on purpose and it has some kind of 'mature' context to it.
>>
>>65636623
Kek, bassius is one of the most narrow people out there.
>>
>>65634885
>converge
>sucking
Execute yourself
>>
>>65641200
Not everybody likes your "le s0 cumblekks mudrn clascul"
>>
>>65626697
trve metalheads don't care what others think and that's the point
>>
I like some metal. Death, Despised Icon, Animals as Leaders, Alkaloid, PTH and Obscura would all be among my favourite bands/artists.
But holy shit is 99% of metal formulaic shite.
>>
File: Strappado.jpg (48 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Strappado.jpg
48 KB, 600x600
You need to go back to 1985 and listen to Hell Awaits. It sound a lot different if you had to deal with shit like the Brady Bunch for twenty years.
>>
>>65626732
I take it you haven't listened to BTBAM
>>
>>65628098
i used to be like this and everything you said is true
Thread replies: 234
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.