[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>another first few days at a new job >small-talk with other
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 1424386128204.png (93 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1424386128204.png
93 KB, 645x773
>another first few days at a new job
>small-talk with other new hires
>first do the basic asking about them bullshit for a few mins
>Then ask "What music are you into?"

I've done this a few dozen times and it's always something like "oh, uh foo fighters", "country", "everything but country and rap", some shitty edm.
Every fucking time. Is it really so rare to go beyond this type of bullshit?
>>
I always just ask if they have a favorite album of the year so far. If they don't I end the conversation.
>>
>>65601491
What's your favourite album of the year anon? I consider myself a big music fan but i haven't heard much worth listening to this year desu
>>
>>65601491
This is actually a good idea anon.
>>
>>65601577
The Astonishing
>>
>>65601589
kek
>>
>>65601577
DEAKIN - SLEEP CYCLE IS THE ONLY CORRECT ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION
>>
>>65601458
There is nothing more embarrassing that claiming you like an artist that no one has ever heard of.
>That look they give you
>When they ask you to explain who/what they are
Asking what music someone likes should be considered as rude a question as "whens the last time you fucked?" or "how big is your cock?"
>>
>>65601458
>"what kind of music do you like"
>techno
>"oh cool me too!"
>plays crazy frog
>he's has the biggest grin on his cheeser
>I am slightly annoyed and give him a blank stare
>yeah man that's cool
>turn 360 degrees and walk away
>>
>>65601624
challenge accepted
>>
>>65601632
this

i mean if you wanted to fucking know then don't give me a weird look when i say something you aren't aware of.
>>
>>65601632
Not really embarrassing at all desu. You don't have to fit in anon

>>65601667
audible kek
>>
>>65601711
>>65601632

I usually ask about radiohead even though i'm not a fanboy.
If they don't even know radiohead it's a lost fucking cause and I swallow the awkwardness willingly.
>>
>>65601758
I remember I used this once and the guy said he didn't on the basis of ideological differences with Thom Yorke that he wouldn't share. I was confused.
>>
Let me guess, OP. Are Radiohead you're favorite band?

>>65601491
I would end it if someone was too pleb to ask that...
How long have you been on /mu/? A month?
>>
>>65601854
He was saying that he is not a libcuck like Thom.
>>
When it comes to normies i just agree with them and move on with my life
>>
>>65601876
Radiohead is definitely not my favorite band, they are bretty nice though.

I would say my favorites are Built to Spill, Can, Gang Starr
>>
>>65602002
None. I try to avoid the hype whenever possible.
Now, IF I had to choose, it would be either Life by Knower or the Hiroshima Field Recordings
>>
File: 1425082425609.gif (982 KB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
1425082425609.gif
982 KB, 320x287
>mfw people actually listen to radio when they have working smartphones and aux
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.