[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is /mu/ diverse enough?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: mucore-countries.jpg (475 KB, 1399x779) Image search: [Google]
mucore-countries.jpg
475 KB, 1399x779
Is /mu/ diverse enough?
>>
File: new chart.png (317 KB, 1000x343) Image search: [Google]
new chart.png
317 KB, 1000x343
>>65597233
no, the current /mu/core is all Japanese and frankly it's an insult
>>
>>65597233
How about other shit countries just make better music?
>>
Jenny Death shouldn't be on there, swap it with ExM.
>>
>caring about diversity

I want /pol/ to leave
>>
English speaking countries account for the majority of popular musical output, and the US and England especially, so obviously those are going to be the most popular on a music site.

Especially if they're not singing in English, bands from non-English speaking countries generally fail to get any kind of recognition outside of their countries. That's not really /mu/'s fault, it's just the way it works. /mu/core isn't the only stuff listened to here so complaining about it not being diverse enough doesn't really mean much.
>>
>>65597285
NotM (and therefore TPTB as a whole) is talked about more than ExM
>>
>>65597301
>English speaking countries account for the majority of popular musical output

Most retarded thing I read today.
>>
Stop trying to push this chart.
>>
>>65597391
Are you saying that even people in other countries don't listen to things that are coming out of the US and England? I've been to a lot of western Europe and other countries and American and English music is played fucking everywhere and people wearing their shirts and such. It's not unheard of but artists from say Italy or Spain or Greece or whatever generally don't get a lot of recognition outside of their country or surrounding countries while there are tons of fans of music from the US and England all over the world. I'm not saying it doesn't happen but especially if they sing in their native language their appeal generally isn't anywhere near as big as even non-mainstream bands from the US or England.
>>
>>65597233
Aphex Twin is British, you dip. He was born in Ireland (just like Kevin Shields was born in America)
>>
>>65598300

Kevin Shields was born to Irish parents and has lived in Ireland since he was five.
>>
>>65598757
My point was that Aphex Twin is just as Irish as MBV is American: not at all.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.