[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
should i go see brian wilson today? i mean i love pet sounds
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: Brian+Wilson+C4p3WhQbPCNm.jpg (17 KB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
Brian+Wilson+C4p3WhQbPCNm.jpg
17 KB, 360x240
should i go see brian wilson today?
i mean i love pet sounds but he's gotten very old and his singing is just not there anymore.. (in fact al jardine's son sings all the high parts)
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sHh07TJh84

)):::
>>
>>65507235
It could be your last chance.

>73 years old
>still plays shows
he'll be fine
>>
>>65507235
nah dont go OP haha
>>
His brain is mush, he can't sing anymore, he seems to barely have an idea of where he is and what he's doing. Everyone who's attended one of these said that they were very depressing and uncomfortable.
I'd sit this one out if I were you.
>>
>>65507246
>his introductory comments

kek
>>
>>65507397
this post is false
>>
>>65507397
>Everyone who's attended one of these said that they were very depressing and uncomfortable.
Saw him like a year/ year and a half ago. Saw him on the tour he did with Jeff Beck.

It was a bit sad. When he's in the middle of a song, he seems to be on autopilot. His voice was fine, but he was a zombie when he came out. He literally was walked to his piano, and a stage hand came up and adjusted the mic a few inches so it was right in front of him. He couldn't even do that himself. No talking to the audience. No banter. It just felt like he was propped up there to sell tickets.
>>
>>65507860
case in point:

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/jeff-beck-brian-wilson-not-right/
>>
>>65507860
>>65507397
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYywI6AUYGo

His last show. Seems perfectly normal
>>
>>65507899
...I can't tell if you're serious or not.
>>
>>65507916
I'm serious
>>
>>65507899
holy fuck the total age on that stage must exceed 1000
>>
>>65507929
I wouldn't classify that as "perfectly normal." Seems more like anon's account >>65507860.
>>
File: 1433316723257.jpg (21 KB, 216x265) Image search: [Google]
1433316723257.jpg
21 KB, 216x265
>>65507962
my fucking sides
>>
>>65507899
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKqJbowMMus

He seemed normal at the show i went to.
>>
>>65507899
Looks like a sing along at the retirement home
>>
>>65507860
well he never really enjoyed playing live since the '60s…
>>
op here.. i think im gonna pass, damn its so sad to see the state he's in.
for some reason he's ok when doing good vibrations, but on other songs he's kinda dead (maybe bc its he's fav song):
>>
Saw him at Primavera. Don't go, it'll just ruin your illusion. At one point I thought he fell asleep. Shouldn't even play shows anymore, really.
>>
anyone here familiar with Glen Campbell, and the last stretch of touring he did while under Alzheimers?

This is even sadder. Still seeing him though. I got tickets to the NJ show at the Count Basie Theater.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.