[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you honestly think of Death Grips?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 2
File: checksurroundingsforsafety.jpg (153 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
checksurroundingsforsafety.jpg
153 KB, 1366x768
What do you honestly think of Death Grips?
>>
I like them
>>
Garbage meme music with one of the worst fanbases on the planet.
>>
They're pretty good
>>
>>65427579
Yeah, I even actually started listening to them without /mu/ or Fantano telling me too.
>>
>>65427579
who?
>>
Probably my favorite band at the moment. I'm not annoying about it though.
>>
best band of 21st century without a doubt
>>
Good band, never made a bad album which is quite a marvel considering the amount of music they produce.
>>
notice how all the positive responses range from >>65427589 and >>65427652 to >>65427750 but the only negative response is >>65427635
>>
>>65427579
Pleb here:
I saw the many many memes about them and listened to some songs. I heard EM, TMS, BP and liked a couple of the songs on them. Others are to weird or boring for me.
>>
Easily the best band of the last 20 years, and without memeing, anyone that doesn't like them or can't at least appreciate what they do, is ignorant.
>>
>>65427750
that's not how you spell twenty one pilots
>>
i love them but im worried that im starting to think that ride is becoming boring. my favorite parts on BP and More Than the Fairy were instrumental breakdowns.
>>
Their fans are all image obsessed, jerking themselves off over how listening to Death Grips makes them better than anyone else.

It's scary how susceptible young people are to marketing.
>>
Shit tier buzz band four years past their prime. Hope they break up.
>>
>>65427841
>>65427860
dank
>>65427836
this honestly
actual death grips 2.0 when
>>
>>65427901
>unironically using the work dank
So as I was saying, reddit: the band.
>>
>>65427921
dank
>>
>>65427841
i don't think i'm better than anyone else cuz i listen to death grips, i know how plebeian i really am
>>
They're pretty great and I want to see them live but their fan base is keeping me from doing that.
>>
>>65427841
Honestly they're such fucking spergs. Every dg fan I've ever met has some kind of mental deficiency
>>
David Bowie liked them, so I like them too
>>
I can't get into them
>>
They are highly overrated here.
>>
File: 042216+kodak+black.jpg (24 KB, 652x367) Image search: [Google]
042216+kodak+black.jpg
24 KB, 652x367
They're okay but it's nothing spectacular, their last good release imo was Gov Plates, but maybe it's me that's changing becuase I'm not as edgy as I used to be.

I don't get when people call them the best band or whatever, they're just all right nothing to right home about. I'm glad the meme of them died down but that being said I think that had some effect on my enjoyment of the band because now I take anyone's opinion on them with a grain of salt, along with viewing them music in a diffrent light.
>>
>>65428494

Christ kid...
>>
one of my favorite bands
>>
my friend told me about them a little over a year ago, i downloaded exmilitary and didnt like it. i could see the appeal, but it wasnt for me. a couple of months went by and i just started to crave that rough musical sensation again. i listened to it again and then listened to TMS and was hooked.
>>
I like the music a lot but please I do not want to ever socialize with a fan
>>
>>65428865
Are you able to pinpoint the exact moment in that couple of months where you developed autism?
>>
>>65428887
dank
>>
>>65427579
You know when you meet someone who you don't care for in any facet, be it their looks, personality, quirks, whatever, but there's like one unidentifiable amusing, endearing, or otherwise redeeming quality to them that makes you not totally dismiss them?
>>
>>65427579
favorite band, they're so much more than just music
>>
Their albums range from 6/10 to 8/10
>>
>>65427579
Fucking terrible
>>
Probably my favourite band active atm. I know it's cool to hate them because they're popular but it's whatever
>>
>>65427579
top 5 bands, good stuff consistently, though I haven't been listening to them as much as I used to
>>
>>65427635
This.
>>
>>65427921
>unironically using the word reddit
>>
>>65427841
These are the faux fans who listen for meme hipster credit.
Some of us actually appreciate the artistic influences from Zeuhl to Black Metal to Glitch to Punk.
I don't really consider them hip-hop either.
Another funny thing is that they're the only band that I listen to from this decade.
>>
>>65428296
Fan base isn't bad in live situations. Most of the "bad" is through comment sections or /mu/ meme hyperbole.
>>
>>65429563
(You)
>>
>>65427579
They're SO 2014
>>
Like them a lot. I'm not a screaming retard about it though.
>>
Not liking the direction they've been headed after Niggas On The Moon.
>>
My favorite band.
>>
I am impressed actually

there's a lot of music going on there

I did enjoy the one we got for free, but it's quite an assault, I can't handle it for too long , it needs a lot of concentration
>>
One of my friends in school, kept talking this super garbage band that had been turned into a giant meme. So I decided to check it out one day on my way to school and got so into the money store, I accidently drove 4 stops to far with my train. Loved them since
>>
Good band, but I don't see how they're going to progress after Bottomless Pit.
>>
>>65427579
Fucking love them
Wish I could be like >>65427635
Because that meme fanbase absolutely ruins everything

Especially fuckers like Fantano who used to help them but in the end just meme the fuck out of it.

I hope Anthony will blame himself if Ride dies
>>
>>65427579
decent
>>
>>65427579
if they broke up I would end my life
>>
>>65432586
hopefully forward rather than laterally
they had something good going with hot head and interview, combine that with the better parts of more than the fairy and notm's apeshit insanity and it could be great
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.