[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats up with the meme about the wall being pink floyd's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: the wall.jpg (70 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
the wall.jpg
70 KB, 400x400
Whats up with the meme about the wall being pink floyd's best album?

The wall is literally the worst fucking album. Most fo the songs are boring as shit, they repeat the same riffs throughout the album. They got 3 fucking versions of another brick in the wall, thats 3 times the same song with different production.

Some songs are also literally identical save for a paragraph in the lyrics, like goodbye blue sky

The "normal version" of another brick in the wall and comfortably numb are the only 2 songs I can rescue from the album. And comfortably numb isnt that great either
>>
>>65388506
Well thanks for sharing your opinion. We really appreciate it.
>>
https://youtu.be/xeNAgBFmJpM
>>
>>65388506

Its a rock opera

It sucks because its nothing like what pink floyd was known for

but its a rock opera, and thats why its famous, of course its not their best album, its only treated like that because of the film and the opera and all the mainstream attention it got (again, because of the film). but of course no real pink floyd fan agrees its the best album
>>
>>65388506

Well its not worse than the division bell
>>
>>65389906
>le division bell is shit maymay
Must have never listened to it then
>>
It's just their most popular. People forget that they're a psychedelic band. Like their first couple are easily their best
>>
I thought it was widely hated, with Roger Waters being the only one even in the band that liked it.
A Momentary Lapse of Reason is worse.

The one that I don't understand the love for is Wish You Were Here, with the middle three songs being completely forgettable, and Shine On just wasting most of its 26 minutes.
>>
>>65390152

Ehh its just a really weird album
>>
>>65388506
The Wall is the best, not a meme faggot
>>
Its not like PF isnt just another overrated pos.

t. busiest music nerd.
>>
>>65391495
>weird = bad
w e w
>>
Shit taste detected
>>
>>65388506
Agree completely, I've listened to it like 4 times, but it just doesn't click. It's just 'le edgy criticism of education: the album'
>>
>>65388742
>but of course no real pink floyd fan agrees its the best album
>>
>>65390555
>Wish You Were Here, with the middle three songs being completely forgettable
>Welcome to the Machine
>Have a Cigar
>Wish You Were Here
>forgettable
good bait, son.
>>
>>65388506
It was their last good album. Definitely not their best.
>>
>>65391713
the fuck did you just say about pink floyd you little gnome?
>>
File: 1464198468929.gif (2 MB, 245x281) Image search: [Google]
1464198468929.gif
2 MB, 245x281
>>65392269
>thinks the Wall is about education
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.