[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help an oldfag
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 2016-06-01-17:43:00.png (159 KB, 545x1529) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-01-17:43:00.png
159 KB, 545x1529
I'll be straight up with you /mu/, I'm an adult without much time find new music that I like. But I know that stagnating musical tastes is the first step towards death. So please do this old faggot a favor and recommend me some good new indie pop/folk shit that focuses on melodic harmonies. Thanks for letting me exploit your freedom and youth.

>pic related
it's my shitty music tastes
>>
the dream syndicate
Girls
Drop nine teens
The rain parade
Seven percent solution
Magnolia electric co
Jim o'Rourke
Stereolab
Big star
The dbs
Nme c86
>>
>>65337562
thx anon, I will check these out
>>
bump

>>65337562
these were alright anon, gave some a listen through, really liked the big star album but the rest is pretty dated to me
>>
>>65337596
Welcome, dad
Listen to nana grizol and los campesinos too if you haven't
>>
>>65337222
not indie but give flying lotus a try, i've never met a person who didn't like flylo.
(every album is great, no need to rec one)
>>
>>65338225
And the radio dept
>>
>>65337222
it looks like you stagnated in 2010.

subscribe to spotify or apple music at this point in your life. both have a shitload of curated playlists and you'll find exactly what you're looking for.
>>
>>65338225
>nana grizol
loving it on youtube right now (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajHE3jmXzkA), thx for the recommendation

>>65338293
>it looks like you stagnated in 2010.

yup, that's when I entered my 'career job' after fucking around in grad school and going to festivals so that's not surprising
>>
>>65337222
Listen to All Songs Considered or KCRW's morning becomes eclectic or sub to KCRW/KEXP song of the day podcasts.

Your taste is surface indiepop, and judging by >>65338194 you have no interest in digging into the past, so go with what i outlined above. It exists for people like you.
>>
>>65338354
Yeah sorry I didn't read "new" as "modern" in the op I understand what you want now

Craft Spells
Destroyer
Indigo la end
Jens lekman
The Pains of being pure at heart
Speedy Ortiz
Hop along
>>
>>65338450
>you have no interest in digging into the past

that's not the past to me, that's when I grew up so it's wholly TOO familiar and I've been burned out on it for decades

if you are 20 it would be like recommending babybird
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.