[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/mu/ made an album
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7
File: 1464655570730.png (2 MB, 1400x1400) Image search: [Google]
1464655570730.png
2 MB, 1400x1400
We made beautiful music for a sad world.

https://mualbumsfortheworkingman.bandcamp.com/album/crisp-clear-clean

>>
>Sorry, that something isn't here.
>Please start at the beginning and you'll certainly find what you're looking for.

what a ruse cruise
>>
>>65305710
you just got tricked :^)
>>
>>65305710
>>65305754
Way to ruin it for me guys
>>
the album's actually good
>>
File: ruh roh.jpg (17 KB, 884x29) Image search: [Google]
ruh roh.jpg
17 KB, 884x29
You did this
>>
>>65305951
Well I had to get 2 copies of don't give up skeleton
>>
>>65305951
how's the EP downloads and listens? Especially the [esfores] song :)
>>
>>65306044
58 listens, 28 are yellow and 8 are red.
>>
File: nice boi.png (89 KB, 398x398) Image search: [Google]
nice boi.png
89 KB, 398x398
>>65306127
thank you nice friend :)

track one: very nice, I really liked the percussion, 8/10
track two: I am surprised that this sounds like something alright inverted, kinda makes me curious to hear the non-backwards version. also:
>what does it have to do with RSK?
7/10
track three: holy fuck, this legit sounds like something Stereolab could make, probably the best thing I've ever heard on a /mu/ album. non-ironic 10/10
track four: I legit hoped for a cover of something, eh. pretty nice """"avant"""" interlude, high frequencies get on me nerves tho 5/10
track five: wasn't a fan at the beginning, but as it went on it was becoming alright. Shame about the abrupt ending :( 6/10
track six: manimal 6/10
track seven: I really like the chopped samples. Is that fucking pitched down Crazy Frog I hear? 6/10
track eight: not bad, but eight minutes was really pushing it. I would experiment with some envelope effects on the synth and filters to add some life. But had fun listening to it. I don't want to know what the background sample is from. Last section was a nice departure from what came before it. (eh, they spell out damn it, kek) 7/10
track nine: I liked the bell sound, but apart from that I didn't really enjoy this, prolly my least fav track from the album. Sorry anon :( 3.5/10
track ten: digging the aesthetic, maybe that distorted highpitched percussion that pops up sometimnes is a bit too much, but great use of samples and nice atmosphere 8/10
track eleven: reminds me of soundtracks to those japanese games where you shoot stuff out of animu. It's a bit too busy, I prefered the parts in which you give time to breathe a bit more. I love how after 2 minutes song proper starts and it's really nice, however towards the end it loses steam. Overall a nice listen 7/10

bury nice album, good work /mu/
>>
Early dumb album ranking

DGUS > CCC? > TGAT > Stage Presence > TGAT > Clams > IDEL

I'll give my x/10 track rankings for CCC in a few hours. it's up there so far though.

>>65306450
I made #5 and #9, agree that #9 is boring and #5 ends too quickly (I fucked up a note and decided to JUST END IT)
>>
>>65307114
Ignore the second TGAT I'm bad
>>
>>65306450
made #10
thanks for the kind words

I agree that #3 sounds fuckin' great
>>
>>65306450
thanks, glad you liked two. I tried to make something with Karl samples but it wouldn't work :(
>>
don't let this thread die please!
>>
bumpy tumpty posty tos
>>
ok, honest question:

why do good albums made by /mu/ actually get less recognition than the meme ones?
>>
ABSOLUTE MADNESS 4 WHEN
>>
>>65310862
They aren't shilled hard enough.
>>
>>65310929
I think we should start shilling Don't Give Up Skeleton, Make Black Metal Great Again, Knife Exploit and this one pretty hard then
>>
All those songs called cover.

This is why we should roll on option field
>>
>>65311428
>>
>>65310862
>why do good albums made by /mu/ actually get less recognition than the meme ones?
because we dont shill them afraid of copyrightns

>but why dont add ruuull for NO cptruthf
becuasmetn not one vwould bam the albumd
>>
what do you fellas think of the closer
>>
>>65311493
the drums entrance has me like picrelated

later it kinda loses track for me but nice work anon, you get a bury pink seal of quality
>>
>>65306450
Reverting the song plus midomi.com
gives the result

New Order- I'll Stay With You
>>
>>65311553
it's actually this :^)
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1gAlAr8rnCD
>>
>>65311533
You didn't like the noise parts? anyhow thank you.
I just thought everyone would love how fucked up an loud the last minute is

and if anyone's wondering what the hell is going on during that part. Its hungarian folk dances, layered with my dude bro playing really distorted guitar, and the beach boys our prayer, triple tracked, one an octave lower, one the original, and one -7 half steps
>>
File: this is nice board.png (255 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
this is nice board.png
255 KB, 400x400
>>65311673
that kind of stuff isn't really my cup of tea. the track became a bit too unfocused for my taste. Layering works though and the effect is certainly interesting.
>>
>>65306450
track 7 here, thank you for the 6/10
the sample is of Donald Trump. If you'd like to hear more of the Bing Bing Bong, there's more here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oguvSPdtHQ8
The Mario one is a personal favourite.
>>
>>65305991
My nigga

Such a good album
>>
>>65311740
I swear it sounded like Crazy Frog

thanks for the link, many keks were had
>>
>>65311723
I see. I kind of get into these different personalities when I'm making music. there's this really cute girl with freckles that makes my happy pop music, then there is the jaded professor who makes the noise and ambient.
Sometimes they kind of meet each other and i get tracks that kind of cave in on both sides

the girl is julia summers
the professor is dennis winters
>>
File: 1370332173083.jpg (27 KB, 600x294) Image search: [Google]
1370332173083.jpg
27 KB, 600x294
>>65311809
>>
do these things happen often here? I always overlook them as being shit threads. It would have been nice to have more time on this and make something genuine
>>
>>65311862
All the time, my friend.
>>
>>65311849
no no its not like that man
its like two parts of my soul
>>
>>65306450
Track 8 here, the background loop is me coughing out the word Damn It. Pretty avant garde eh? :^)
>>
>>65311943
patrician af my mane

I was afraid it might be something creepy or scary
>>
>>65311985
oh yeah and the other background sounds are me spinning around an ikea carafe with a couple coins in them and applying duct tape to and from my mic, slowed down a lot. The sound at the end is an ikea hand drill.
>>
File: David_Brent_111.jpg (20 KB, 399x290) Image search: [Google]
David_Brent_111.jpg
20 KB, 399x290
>>65312012
on another listen with this info I enjoy your track quite a bit more my man, great work
>>
Rolling: Very catchy but tragically short, wonderful percussion, 7/10

Ricky Gervais, Stephen Merchant and Karl Pilkington: Beautiful, stays fresh and interesting throughout, but the sound could be better and the reversed drums irk me 8/10

crance-vertu: This is fucking amazing. 9/10.

cover: really didn't do it for me, was interesting, but sounded really low quality and messy, 3/10

Progressive Folk-Metal with an electric vibe to it: Really liked this but like the opener suffered from short length. 7/10

Actually, that guy is from Manimal: Nice but boring, sounds like Miami Hotline bgm 6/10

Fuck sakes I've posted about 2976 times, why is it so hard to get dubs? and these captchas are eating my ass.: μAFTWMGaming/10

damn it damn it: yours truly but now tripped the fuck up, really edgy and I suck at production but I made something catchy. should've soaked those D A M N I Ts in reverb. Surprised that with enough effects I can sound like an elderly woman and a dog, 7/10

I GET IT: Melody is alright, very fitting to the album theme, microphone could be better

A Moon Shaped Poo Haha: The celebration of this album. Someone get MC Ride on this shit. 9/10

crisp/clear/clean: The intro was amazing, but the rest was kind of bland or even annoying. I see that am not alone in being a big fan of Sytrus and FPC presets. 7/10
>>
also

DGUS > Clams > CCC > Stage Presence > TAT > IDEL
>>
>>65312628
Thanks nigga
>>
you forgot to include this track tho
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1xYKWJO9VSj
>>
>>65312628
Thanks for feedback about 2, glad you enjoyed it. Yea, I guess I could have worked out a bit nicer arrangement for percussive stuff, but eh, maybe in the future
>>
So will we have another one before today ends or will it be tomorrow? also I found a better tripcode!
>>
>>65312947
There's going to be one on the 13th and one between today and then.
I'm saving the last free download for the mega.
>>
>>65312947
>tfw June is the finals month and I have barely any time for musical memeing
>>
How can u get involved. I just got stuff to start recording and I need some simples ways to practice and get my feet wet.
>>
>Tags: Australia
Nice
>>
1. Calm but foreboding, this opener has sick percussion and the beeps at the end make me cream myself. Too bad it isn’t longer. 7.5/10

2. Like Spinning Plates is one of my faves, babe, and you nailed it. I could feel a really nice rhythm on this one, and actually did like the percussion, the synths... all of it, man. It’s fucking beautiful. The ending is... aaaa 9/10

3. From the low-intensity of the first two tracks this motherfucker bursts free into the most carefree and yet atmosphere-fitting track in a while on these albums. Reminds me of stuff on DGUS and IDEL. The voices in the back are incredible, the melody is tricksy and nakjsdnkjasnfdjaf. Overall the first three tracks of this album are /astounding/. Good fucking job guys. 10/10

4. Another DGUS-sounding track like ISIS Frisbee. Are you the same dude? If so, keep it up. I like these experimental, minimalist tracks with the seemingly unfitting yet enjoyable percussion/samples. 7/10

5. I made this!

6. Nice beeps, nice Manimal. 6/10

7. eh memes 4/10

Part 2 in a sec
>>
>>65313530
8. Drags on a bit, but overall there’s a lot of fun stuff to find here. The effects experiment enough. The ‘damn it’ interlude bits would be better if they weren’t so common. A nice, disturbing ambient track that fits well in the album order. 6/10

9. I made this!

10. The instrumental is so fucking harsh and damning, and the voice track is nice and fitting. Like another anon said, MC Ride would be perfect over this. but that’s a meme so 7/10

11. Fucking great closer, maybe on par or better with DGUS in terms of atmosphere and probably my favorite instrumentally. The last minute is perfect, dunno what the plebs here are talking about, it’s a death via sound that ends this moody album perfectly. 9/10

Really good album, not quite gonna say it's top beyond DGUS because of the lulling middle bit but it has a few tracks that are /astounding/ so yeah. First 3 tracks are the best first trio of any album, even IDEL.
>>
If anyone wants something similar, there was another /mu/ made album a while back you can find here.
https://monkeymonkeymonkeymonkey.bandcamp.com/album/shock-the-monkey-aaron-ellis-remix
>>
>>65313530
>7. eh memes 4/10
still has 100% more musical content than some cunt with whatever the fuck instrument you're playing and wailing over it like a fucking distressed partridge. "Progressive Folk-Metal with an electric vibe to it"
pfffffft if this isn't memes/10 then I dont know what is. Bing Bing yourself and Bong off.
>>
>>65313608

11. Fucking great closer, maybe on par or better with DGUS in terms of atmosphere and probably my favorite instrumentally. The last minute is perfect, dunno what the plebs here are talking about, it’s a death via sound that ends this moody album perfectly. 9/10

You are filling my heart with smiles. Thank you so much. I had been slaving away at finding a way to incorporate all of those different melodies and sound into one track. Finishing it felt like a huge weight off my shoulders

https://clyp.it/gxfru3rl
enjoy this, just made it today
>>
>>65314827
still memes 4/10
>>
>>65315121
I just realized what 11 reminds me of. Carpenter Brut

especially Escape from Midwich Valley
>>
>>65315837
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEV9zjHiICA

Yo this is neat as fuck. I got nothing on this guy!

Especially since I was planning on making a visual album for my shit, it was going to an animated feature about a pilgrim who becomes a hero in the Powatahn tribe for saving everyone, so they give him a magic bicycle that travels through time, so it would be this pilgrim dude going through all of american history on his bicycle and getting into hi jinks

but that idea seems lame now
>>
>>65316169
>I got nothing on this guy
You totally could anon. Keep working at it!
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.