[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does it always seem to be the case when an artist goes solo,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: tarkin.png (1 MB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
tarkin.png
1 MB, 1200x800
Why does it always seem to be the case when an artist goes solo, none of their releases are any good, there's a few exceptions like Big Boi and Lou Reed, but still
>>
>>65238904
With the exception of Paul McCartney too.
>>
>>65238904
With the exception of Björk too.
>>
>what is Graceland
>>
>Neil Young's entire career
>>
Holy shit listen to more music
>>
listen to Rock Bottom
>>
I think it's pretty common for most solo artists to have been in bands before their solo careers, so there's a lot of ones that could probably be pointed to. I think the ones in big bands like the Beatles or the Velvet Underground are more likely to not live up to expectations.
>>
>>65238904
This is literally only true for radio rock artists.
>>
You guys are forgetting the vast majority here. I can name several dozen more shitty solo careers then the handful of great ones
>>
Deakin's solo project is way better than anything AnCo has put out in the last 5 years
>>
File: folder.jpg (30 KB, 455x455) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
30 KB, 455x455
>>65238904
What about Paddy McAloon ? I Trawl the Megahertz is better than his stuff with Prefab Sprout.
>>
>>65239783
Also, Brian Eno.
>>
>>65239739
see >>65239783 and >>65239808
>>
woah what about the guy from Yuck?
>>
need some stefan burnett solo spoken word to be 10/10
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.