[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the best Weezer album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
Is this the best Weezer album?
>>
nailed it. maya rudolph too.
>>
>>65169551
Didn't she just have guest vocals on a couple songs?
>>
>>65169489
Rentals > Weezer
>>
>>65169587
That was on Seven More Minutes. The Hadyn Sisters from that dog. sang on this thing. Maya toured with them in support for the record though.
>>65169672
Don't kid yourself
>>65169489
It's third to Blue and Pinkerton. That still puts it up there consider how incredible the two latest Weezer records are. The new Rentals album is good too, it just doesn't have staying power outside track 5 and 10. I think D Sardy killed the purity of the album big time.
>>
>>65169489

I like a few songs on this album, but it sounds more like the dude isn't a very good songwriter but just tries REALLY hard to be

Rivers tries really hard but also has natural aptitude/talent

Listening to this though is pretty much proof that Matt was an integral part of the real Weezer sound, and should be sorely missed by Weezer fans

I still like nu Weezer, but look at how much this dude does for the band with his charisma. I wish they could have stayed together

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RFTB5vgV_4
>>
>>65169768
I like their 2 actual albums more than I like the collective of Weezer's discography. Blue, Pinkerton, Green, Maladroit, Songs from the Black Hole, and the last few album are all 8/10 at most. Rentals put out two 9/10s.
>>
>>65169834
Damn matt is killing it in this video
>>
>>65169837
>Blue and Pink
>8/10 at most
You also forgot EWBAITE and White. Oh and you also forgot The Rentals put out a 9/10 EP and a new album a year and a half ago.
>>
>>65169978
>You also forgot EWBAITE and White
Yeah I try not to acknowledge garbage
>>
>>65169834
I beg to differ. Matt is a very natural people person. He made that album a year after he started writing songs. Rivers wrote well over 70 songs before settling on the ones on Blue. Rivers is a pure genius but as much as has melody oozing from his pores, he really breaks Pop down to a Science. Matt just goes for it when the feeling's right.
>>
>>65170022
>Yeah I try not to acknowledge garbage
lol you haven't even listened to them clearly. nice try
>>
>>65170134
that wasnt me. I think White is my AOTY so far.
>>
>>65170134
I have heard EWBAITE and it's pure garbage. I haven't heard White, but everyone who has, has said it's in the vein of EWBAITE. hense, it too is garbage.

PRO-TIP: Just because it's not complete shit like Hurley or Ratitude, doesn't mean it's a 10/10 album. You fourth generation Weezer fanboys are retarded
>>
>>65169978
>and the last few albums
>>
i gotta say the white album really suprised me. its been a while since a weezer album came around that im just like yo lemme listen to this shit all the way through.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.