[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /mu/, what do you faggots think of vektors new album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: Vektor-Terminal_Redux.jpg (482 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
Vektor-Terminal_Redux.jpg
482 KB, 640x640
Hey /mu/, what do you faggots think of vektors new album?
>>
>>65137916
More like Cucktor
>>
I thought it was good senpai
>>
gr8 but, and sorry for the generic opinion, i do kinda think it's too long

that's really my only complain tho, i even like collapse!

outer isolation is my fav vektor but i get the impression i'm in the minority there... most people either swear by black future or think this is their best yet
>>
>>65138096

I don't usually listen to music of this kind but I found the lengths are fine if you just let it happen. I enjoyed listening in bed, had some crazy dreams
>>
I think it's fantastic. They do a fantastic job of telling their story. There are criticisms on the length of the album and the visceral feel of it which I feel are unfounded.

It's longer than the usual thrash album, but it doesn't do endless intensity it has its softer parts that keep the whole thing balanced. Not to mention that parts that may seem unnecessary aren't unnecessary. There is actually repeating of riffs/phrases from one to to another throughout the album which help make it all feel very cohesive. To help understand that I idea more easily I would maybe recommend reading the lyrics at the same time.

The idea that it's not visceral makes less sense because Vektor heard the fans when they said that about Outer Isolation, and the production on this album's as raw as their first Black Future. The only difference is that there's more technical playing here so it may not seem as visceral as it actually is.

Also it has a fucking ballad (Collapse) that it pulls off very well. No older thrash band would've had the balls to attempt that.
>>
nothing on it beats dying world -> tetrastructural imo imo

but it's still consistently fantastic
>>
solid, not amazing
still significantly less progressive than the classic bands, some boring and overlong structures, self-rehashed riffs
but there are some good ideas too
>>
Pretty good overall

There was one riff for like 20 seconds in LCD that was like 10/10 though
>>
>>65137916

Merely average.
>>
I think it's a great album and I dislike most thrash.

I think that's why it's achieving meme-status - it's thrash for people who don't like thrash the same way Sunbather is black metal for people who don't like black metal
>>
>>65138875
They're pretty much the Opeth of thrash

Metalheads hate them because they have appeal outside of the metal community. But unlike Opeth, the internet was actually around when Vektor started so we get to see all the hilarious backtracking and damage control from the people who liked Black Future when it dropped
>>
Vektor have dethroned Deafheaven as far as cuck metal goes.
>>
Guys, I think this whole "cuck" thing might be starting to get out of hand
>>
Fun sci-fi thrash opera concept album. Middle of the album (Pteropticon and Psychotropia) are kind of weak but things pick up again with Pillars of Sand. Fantano's review was pretty spot on.

Black Future is still my favorite.
>>
>>65139188
>yfw t b h, f a m and s m h are still censored but cuck isn't

cuckposting is hitting /mu/ harder than the pleb/ patrician bullshit
>>
>>65139113
>Metalheads hate Vektor
nope, metal archives still sucks their cock
>>
Vektor bump
>>
>>65137916
AOTY
>>
They have yet to release an album that isn't great, so I find it weird how almost no-one actually seems to like all 3 of their albums. Especially considering how similar they are in style
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.