[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GOAT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 10
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 319x319) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 319x319
GOAT
>>
BOAT
>>
>>65068474
GOAT of what? shitty boat theme trap albums?
>>
>>65068537
i guess it's
a little GOAT
>>
The fake falsetto is some serious cringe inducing shit.
>>
>>65068537
GOAT shitty industry plant boat themed trap albums that get viralled on mu
>>
Hip Hop like this i detrimental to the genre. How will it ever become good if stuff like this and Young Thug is getting praise?

>inb4 Young Thug is a genius
>>
File: 1461985399758.jpg (17 KB, 416x308) Image search: [Google]
1461985399758.jpg
17 KB, 416x308
i hate this fucking faggot

and i hate that he's making waves in music

and i hate how that is essentially a lil yachty themed phrase

and i hate how he get's featured in my favorite rap artists songs like chance and post malone

at least they put effort
>>
File: 1461712879738.png (130 KB, 408x345) Image search: [Google]
1461712879738.png
130 KB, 408x345
>>65068835
>hating yachty
>liking post malone

????????? what
>>
LUH BOTE
>>
>>65068733
He is tho
>>
>>65068928
you cant listen to
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fHyVkdgVw8

without realizing his verse is fucking hot and his feature is trash

or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw5qebvS8Jk

post is actually good
>>
File: 1360099309499.jpg (744 KB, 1022x1533) Image search: [Google]
1360099309499.jpg
744 KB, 1022x1533
>>65068963
Yachty is better than Chance on the Mixtape song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5sapvdbEbY
>>
File: 1455451764889.gif (2 MB, 350x200) Image search: [Google]
1455451764889.gif
2 MB, 350x200
>>65068963
im not saying post is trash i like some of his songs, im just saying him and yachty are far mor similar than different...except yachty's boat gimmick is far more enjoyable than a lot of post's nashville country schtick
>>
>>65068960
But he isn't/ He's touted around, I suspect ironically, as some post-modern contemporary to Mozart. I've heard all the things people praise him for.
>His voice is an instrument that dances cross the minimalist beats
>his lyrics are absurdist

In reality, he's just the most popular of the latest flavor of generic hip hop. The image changes drastically, but the music minimally. It isn't cutting edge, it isn't on the forefront.

If David Bowie had a parallel in hip hop who happened to be worse musically, it'd be Young Thug
>>
>>65069078
HAAHAHAHAHAHAHA KILL YOURSELF
>>65069123
nah yachty is a fucking hack... post malone puts in effort and all i hear in yachtys flow is a depressed retarded gay sus ass nigga trying to rap with autotune
>>
>>65069205
I fucking love Chance, but honestly the ranking of verses in that song is Yachty > Chance > Thugger
>>
>>65069303
the only song i can somewhat defend is one night by yachty... it was sub-par... that being said, the rest of his songs and featurings are absolute garbage rage-inducing pathetic excuses for music
>>
>>65069303
>>65069205
TIIIIIIME AND TIIIME AGAAAAAAIIIIN
>>
In one year's time everyone will be riding Lil Uzi Vert and Lil Yachty's dick
>>
>>65068474
YOU NEED TO STAY UP OUT THEM STREETS IF U CANT TAKE THE HEAT
>>
File: 1455454891069.gif (1 MB, 320x213) Image search: [Google]
1455454891069.gif
1 MB, 320x213
>>65069205
>post malone puts in effort and all i hear in yachtys flow is a depressed retarded gay sus ass nigga trying to rap with autotune

good arguement.
>>
>am i the only one who really care about cover art
>growing up i aint have my brother cause he said the streets gave him a fresh start
>i aint know what that mean
>i bumped heads with my dean
>dropped out and hit the scene
>now i'm stunting like bling
>time and time again they told me no
>they told me i wouldnt go
>cause in high school all i cared about was hoes

I'M SORRY this is utter trash
>>
>>65069397
except thats a pretty good verse
>>
>>65069432
yikes
>>
>>65069444
And you think Chance's is good? I'm not saying Yachty's verse is incredible - I'm just saying it's better than Chance's.

Chance also said Yachty's verse was his favorite on the album, so that must account for something: https://twitter.com/chancetherapper/status/731245152078036993?ref_src=twsrc^tfw
>>
>>65068474
I was chilling with some of my friends, and we heard something off of that album
We all thought this was off of our buddy's Johns mixtape. Which is horribly made and done in one take.
We lost respect for the 'NUMBER ONE STATION IN THE HOOD, G.'
>>
>>65069511
>trying to further a young rappers career
>promote him on your twitter
>even though you like all your verses and probably hated his

yeah it's a trash ass verse and not even he can convince me that it's good
>>
>>65069133
H A H A H A
>>
fuck yeah Lil Boat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BBY78iTPxg
>>
>>65069562
Every time I post an argument against young thug, some Young Thug fan replies with a post of no substance
>>
File: young-thug-and-elton-john.jpg (140 KB, 650x955) Image search: [Google]
young-thug-and-elton-john.jpg
140 KB, 650x955
>>65069605
"Generic" and not cutting edge? He pioneered a whole new sound and has started paving the way for other rappers such as Lil Boat. You'll see Young Thug's influence on the scene a lot more in a couple of years.
>>
>>65069688
Care to distinguish this new style and how it's significant? And if it's paving the way for Lil Yachty, then somethings wrong

I'll admit that Young Thug can be fun to listen to, but it's instant gratification, there's no substance. It's like eating candy
>>
>>65069820
>implying music, especially rap can be deep.
>>
>>65069820
Young Thug is the greatest musician alive. You could even say he's the Frank Zappa of our generation. He is not just another manufactured rap star, he is a complete artist. He is not someone that is being controlled by a record label. Thugger is singlehandedly one of the most innovative and unique rap artists of this decade.
He is a melodic genius, his beats are experimental, innovative, unique, he isn't afraid to experiment, he is constantly evolving and changing his style. Young Thug, from the beginning, has always pushed boundaries and has continued to make progressive music that others could only hope to imitate.
His voice is an instrument. He wants you to look beyond just the lyrics. They are there just to complement the music, they are an application of the voice as an instrument rather than a medium for verbal communication and storytelling. His voice and his sounds are something that no one else is doing. Young Thug obviously isn't a Kendrick/Drake type of rapper with outstanding rapping ability but he still manages to make better music than them.
His mixtape, Barter 6, is an extremely introspective and personal record. It allows you to better understand the perspective and emotions of Jeffrey Lamar Williams. The mixtape has become a bridge for white youth to enjoy the art of the black inner city and empathize with the likes of Thugger and that is what is so wonderful about art. We are able to see who he really is and understand him. The introductory interview at The Fader Ford shows that he is a surprisingly soft-spoken young man and it gives you all the more reason to care about him.
There was no Young Thug before Young Thug. He is not emulating anyone, he isn't trying to be anyone. He has no influences. When Check came out of nowhere, everyone loved it because nothing sounded like it.
He has accomplished so much at such a young age, can you imagine what his music is going to sound like in 5 years?
>>
>>65069820
He pioneered the auto tone rap that focuses more on melody than flow or lyricism. For better or worse, without Thugger there would be no ILoveMakonnen, Rich Homie Quan, Lil Yachty. Also his adlibs were very unique at the time, and now most new rappers have very similar ones.
>>
>>65069922
>deep
That isn't what I meant. I just meant challenging and inaccessible. I think the listener should have to contribute to the music by making an effort to understand the musicians purpose in making it

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by deep, but music can evoke emotional reactions in people. But if you mean lyrically deep like what Tool tries to be, then I agree with you. And, I do agree that hip hop, or at least rap, has little substance
>>
ummm excuse me but you white boys have NO RIGHT to be talking down on an artist of color...reeks of privilege...
>>
>>65070002
how's kim kanye
>>
File: literally me.png (2 MB, 1434x789) Image search: [Google]
literally me.png
2 MB, 1434x789
>people hating on lil boat
>>
File: 1462492203562.gif (4 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1462492203562.gif
4 MB, 200x200
>>65070771
ha ha! good one! from his only worthwhile song! one night! where he subjugates women with slang and slurs!
>>
File: a-look-of-disgust.jpg (20 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
a-look-of-disgust.jpg
20 KB, 400x267
>>65070810
why are you even here.

>>>/r9k/ is that way
>>
went to a lil yachty concert the other day, dude knows how to rock a show.

Minnesota is crazy live
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.