[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm in love with this track, Father Vorizen: https://yo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: ark works.jpg (100 KB, 620x620) Image search: [Google]
ark works.jpg
100 KB, 620x620
I'm in love with this track, Father Vorizen: https://youtu.be/nnlFT6zgVsw

It's kinda different from the rest of the Ark Works, it's a bit more like shoegaze/alternative, with melancholic, desperate chords. Can anyone please tell me what genre it is and recommend me more like it?
>>
anyone who likes liturgy is autistic
>>
>>65063801
0/10 bait
>>
File: aesthethica.png (58 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
aesthethica.png
58 KB, 600x600
>>65062698
that track heavily reminds me of Aesthethica, specially Veins of God i guess. a jewel indeed.
gotta admit Kel Valhaal is my fav track tho.
>>
>>65065210
Most of them are great really.

But, Father Vorizen really has that Isn't Anything/You Made Me Realize vibe. I've heard it over and over in other songs, I wonder if there's a name for this kind of music. Shoegaze often refers more to the production, not to the melody.
>>
Father Vorizen's dirge is quite special, relying primarily on a more modal Medieval tonality interchanged with the rhythmic complexity of a Steve Reich work. If I were to place it close to any music though, I would say Les Noces by Stravinsky. Or of course Le Sacre.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNBDJNHeZmo
>>
>>65065312
harmonically/melodically, it's essentially black sabbath with ninths.
power chords and pentatonic minor are the core of metal.

in the other hand, this track is pretty shoegazy in both its sonic texture and its cadence. stable and circular.
i think post-metal bands will suit you well. but this exact combination of power, loud guitars, hipnotic vocals and those chords, its harder to find.

also remember linkin park does the same chords on a daily basis.
>>
>>65065358
this guy nailed it

>>65065463
>mfw papercut is pure 1-5-9 chords
>>
>>65065463
>>65065500

> linkin park
Yeah, I guess you're right. I really love sus2 chords.

Any recs for this kind of music with lots of ninths? I don't really care about complex rhythms or genre, shoegaze is a bonus but all I really want is that sus2 goodness. Asking because I don't know if all post-metal utilizes these chords.
>>
>>65065358
Hm, maybe I'm too pleb for it yet, but I don't quite hear it… The tonalities do indeed sound similar, but I thought maybe there were similar melodies in some folk/acoustic songs, with all those sus2 chords and all.

All I can think of is Linkin Park and MBV.
>>
I love Aesthethica.
Is there any other album with a similar sound, repetitive and full of ridiculous mantric climaxes?
>>
>>65062698
>father vorizen
>for the horizon
damn... tht double entendre wordplay is killer
>>
File: tears.jpg (18 KB, 270x270) Image search: [Google]
tears.jpg
18 KB, 270x270
>>65066095
mfw
>>
>>65066095
Some IDM has pretty similar feel. >>65065358 mentioned Steve Reich. It also reminds me of Glenn Branca, mathrock and some prog like King Crimson.
>>
>>65065358
it reminds me of bombastic minimalism like john adams more than the quiet subdued minimalism of reich
>>
>>65065858
alcest
altar of plagues
>>
File: Catch-Thirtythree.jpg (67 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Catch-Thirtythree.jpg
67 KB, 600x600
>>65066258
>>65066038
meshugga's catch33.
minimalistic, bombastic and mantra-like
>>
>>65066530
>>65066557
Thanks, I was looking to get into djent and metal in general specifically for this kind of music.
>>
File: white-tomb.jpg (65 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
white-tomb.jpg
65 KB, 600x600
>>65066659
no prob. here's a snip.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ASVmgtbs-Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8b_i0BfPC8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKeaCVOYvcc
>>
>>65066826
This Alcest song definitely sounds like medieval folk music. I've tried their other stuff, was pretty easy to pin down their influences like Ride and black metal. Haven't heard of them before.

The problem I have with most music of this kind is that it often draws on post-rock which to me is sounds bland. Probably will listen to Meshuggah though, their rhythms are pretty complex.
>>
>>65062698
>>65065210
those two tracks are directly in line with HHH's side-project, which is way less autistic. I think it's called Survival or something
>>
>>65062698
lmao this 90´s revival with reverb is so shit.
It sounds like audioslave with a white hipster singing.
Go and listen stone temple pilots and put some reverb with virtual dj.

It´s so incredible how much shit music you can find in this board.
>>
>>65066095
>father verizon
HHH confirmed shill
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.