[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you have to be depressed to like this album? Because I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 300x300
Do you have to be depressed to like this album?

Because I'm a pretty well adjusted dude, gf and job and all and I just don't understand the hype.
>>
I did find loads more enjoyment out of depressing droney albums when I became alone and depressed
>>
No. I'm usually not into slow/sad kind of music. And my life is shit, but I'm usually not depressed. It's just a really nice listen.

Maybe drink a bit of alcohol before you listen or something. I think there are some biological reasons why alcohol and weed seem to make downtempo stuff sound better and stims make uptempo sound better.
>>
Nah. It's sad in a more "existential dread in the face of the coming century" way than plain old depression, more moody than depressing.
Their latest album on the other hand is straight up sad
>>
no? the songs are just fucking great
>>
You need good taste.

I liked the album because the music I listened to before it was Mozart and Stravinsky.
>>
If anything this is less anxious and paranoid than OKC
>>
nah op, radiohead is a terrible band
>>
>>64816253
I have a fantastic job, great apartment, am absolutely not depressed, and generally live a wonderful life and I still like this album

so no

>>64816595
k
>>
>>64816849
What's wrong do you not have good taste?
>>
>>64816595
fuck of boldfaure
>>
>>64816860
k
>>
>>64816253
No. You just have pleb tier taste.
>>
>>64817100
Liking Kid A is pretty pleb.
>>
File: radiohead.jpg (86 KB, 338x300) Image search: [Google]
radiohead.jpg
86 KB, 338x300
I love radiohead
>>
>>64817277
Thinking Kid A = greatest album of all time is pleb.

Liking Kid A is just normal.
>>
>>64817326
this
>>
>>64817326
Nah, liking Kid A is pleb.
>>
>>64817454
What do you like then?
>>
>>64817454
you're pleb for thinking that
>>
>>64817482
The sounds of Jupiter and Neptune.

>>64817484
Maybe, but at least I'm not a pleb that thinks Kid A is good.
>>
>>64817572
lol
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.