[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's the first time that Radiohead feel so out of touch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: 372.jpg (61 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
372.jpg
61 KB, 620x372
It's the first time that Radiohead feel so out of touch with their time. AMSP could easily be a 2010 album.
Am I the only one that felt that way while listening to it?
>>
yes you are the only one that felt that way while listening to it
>>
everything coming out of the uk these days sounds the same. how do you go from the beatles and the stones to adele, radiohead, muse and coldplay? that's a long fall from grace. nothing but dull, mid-tempo ballads.
>>
>>64785433
Muse and Coldplay probably kill it for most people, only bad artists you listed.

Muse just seems like a low-effort 'kek we get played on the syfy channel between commercials we're cool" version of Radiohead
>>
>>64785502
muse used to be pretty good though
>>
>>64785027
i just wish 70% of the tracks weren't songs we already heard them play live or released early
>>
>>64785532
Yeah then one day they started thinking that they could improve classical music adding guitar solos. That's how their downfall started.
>>
Does Thom have ecological anxiety?
>>
>>64785532
"pretty" good sure, but they were never really something to write home about
>>
>>64785555
you chose to listen to live bootlegs of songs you knew were contenders for the album
>>
i dunno, chamber pop/art rock is sorta timeless imo. it's not like i expected them to release a trap or uk bass inspired album.
>>
>>64785027
Yes you are a unique slowflake with a completely original opinion
>>
>>64785433

True.
UK music is at an all time low.
I blame the NME. Every band brands themselves instead of developing and is put on the cover if they show the slightest bit of promise, usually causing them to flame out.
>>
>>64785502
>Muse/Coldplay are bad
>Adele is good

Fucking top wew lad.
>>
>>64785642
Me neither, but I felt they could be more inspired by contemporary art, post-modernism and internet music.
I mean, when they deleted their websites and stuff I thought they were going for something like this.
>>
what makes it sound like a 2010 album?
>>
>>64785739
see >>64785708
>>
>>64785027
I know this might not be what you mean, but you do realize that when it comes to any individual album that how close it sounds to its contemporaries of the time is not relevant to its quality, right? Every time has its sound but for any random music of whatever random to have its quality declared based on its sound of the current time is completely the wrong way to go about things.
>>
>>64785739
Well, Viva la Vida came out in 2008, and considering this is just the updated version...
>>
>>64785793

true
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.