[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
James Blake - The Colour in Anything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: cover.jpg (783 KB, 1300x1300) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
783 KB, 1300x1300
So, with Death Grips and Radiohead taking all the attention this week, I haven't seen this album talked about here, and James Blake seems to be pretty well-recognized in /mu/.

What did you guys think of it? I liked it a lot.
>>
It was raining here the day it dropped and I listened to it on my commute to work and back.

Enjoyed the first half.

Need to relisten to the second half because on the commute home I had diarrhea and could barely focus the drive home, let alone James Blake
>>
>>64706873
Phenomenal album, honestly might be the best of the big three this weekend. I enjoyed it the first time, but I'm now giving it my undivided attention and it's dark in my apartment so this feels really intimate. It has a dark tone but has some beautiful and bright moments too, something James Blake has tried to improve I think. This album will reward those patient enough to take it all in a couple times.
>>
>>64706873
its pretty dull
>>
>>64706992
Also, Radio Silence and Modern Soul (especially the latter) just blew me away.
>>
Very very good. What music in 2016 should sound like
>>
>>64706993
this

His s/t was the epitome of his sound, this feels half-assed desu.
>>
Take self-titled's avantgarde R&B

add the melodies of Overgrown

and then the Rick Rubin touch

MASTERPIECE
>>
When I read that the album was made smoking tons of DUDE WEED LMAO, I lost interest on It
>>
>>64707139
>When I read that the album was made smoking tons of DUDE WEED LMAO
Except it wasn't, only part of it was. And then in response he wrote a track condemning it.
>>
listen to this edit of i need a forest fire
>>
>>64707191
https://soundcloud.com/lndly/forestfire
>>
I love this album, personally. The back half has some hella great songs. I'll admit the new Radiohead has taken my attention from it a bit, but both albums are up there in my AOTY list.
>>
Nobody has a FLAC link, do they?
>>
AOTY material
>>
>>64707745
i mean, just check whatcd then rutracker.
>>
plebs think his older albums are better but this is his magnum opus
>>
>>64708989
the mega plebs are the ones that thinks his dubstep EPs are the best
>>
not good
has fallen the fuck off since S/T
for white boys who never bothered to listen to any motown records
>>
>>64707074
It's called progression lol
>>
this album was so BOOORRRRIIINNNGGG
>>
>>64708989
>>64709235
>>64709012
>there are people on this board RIGHT NOW who don't think James went to shit with this album
I bet you liked the album cover too.
>>
why is it so hard to make an album cover that isn't ugly as shit
>>
definitely enjoying it, it kind of drops off in the second half though, I think it could have been edited down a few tracks
>>
wish Waves Know Shores was longer
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.