[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I keep reading that King Crimson influenced math rock, so why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1462755498321.jpg (15 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
1462755498321.jpg
15 KB, 220x220
I keep reading that King Crimson influenced math rock, so why can't I find any math rock bands that sound like King Crimson?
>>
youre listening to emo shit math rock
>>
Sort of related to topic, but does anyone know why in the fuck Fripp refuses to let King Crimson music appear on the internet?
>>
>>64704362
'cause he doesn't give a fuck
>>
>>64704362

do you need his permission to download their whole discography?
>>
>>64704254
their 80's stuff is a lot more mathy than their earlier stuff. If you don't hear the math in discipline you straight up have no idea what you're talking about
>>
>>64704254
Sounds Like Braille.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ruRNGD_z_o
>>
>>64704510
It's not about hearing math in Discipline, it's about wanting to hear Discipline in math
>>
File: front.jpg (38 KB, 600x605) Image search: [Google]
front.jpg
38 KB, 600x605
>>
>>64704254
Probably because you incorrectly think that particular album has anything to do with math rock, when it's actually Larks' and Discipline that influenced math rock.
>>
>>64704362
It's only streaming services and Last.fm (a hybrid streaming service which is now fully integrated with Spotify) that he opposes. He has put a lot of effort into making sure his albums are in high in both musical and production quality and wants to ensure listeners get it in the intended form. And having been fucked over in the past, he's understandably not particularly trusting of the music industry and the compensation he'd get for releasing his music on streaming service. It sticks out like a sore thumb compared to the rest of the music world, but it makes sense.
>>
>>64706456
You realize that it goes farther than that, right? Due to how he his approach towards the whole thing for example even posting a King Crimson album in a topsters chart takes more work.

>>64704254
Trout Mask Replica is more influential to math rock than King Crimson from that time period. Though the closest thing King Crimson has done that's influential to math rock is Discipline.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.