[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you ever slap your bass?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: bass.jpg (87 KB, 1200x797) Image search: [Google]
bass.jpg
87 KB, 1200x797
Would you ever slap your bass?
>>
yeah. it sounds good buddy
>>
File: 82d.jpg (101 KB, 584x649) Image search: [Google]
82d.jpg
101 KB, 584x649
>mfw some fag claims he good at bass yet never mastered slap style
>>
>>64423829
I have and do.
>>64424279
>mfw 95% of bassists are shit
>mfw I play bass and people are impressed because I don't go EEEEEEE

Most 'bassists' are just failed guitarists that don't have a fucking clue.

Picked up slap in a week desu, easy to learn hard to master. Also fucking hurts at first and you need to build up callous.
>>
>>64424327
How do I get good? I just started the bass and I'm really digging it. Problem is my friends have been playing guitar for years and years, we had a jam session yesterday and I could not keep up for shit. Anything I should learn specifically?
>>
>>64424405
>get in sync with kick drum
>have a sense of rhythm
>know how to walk the band through chord changes

This is all it takes.
>>
>>64424405
All about genre mate. Learn funk, jazz, soul etc where the bass can really shine.

Literally all I did was learn every RHCP song on bass and it got me to a decent level.

If you learn rock, metal etc you won't get anywhere.

Also as the anon said, rhythm, the bass is a rhythm, instrument so get used to that.
>>
>>64424405
>>64424451
Oh and bin the picks. Fingers or nothing.
>>
>>64424435
>get in sync with kick drum

Really? I was trying to sync with their chords n' shit. Will do.

>>64424451
Funk and jazz, got it.

>If you learn rock, metal etc you won't get anywhere.

Damn, oh well.

>>64424492
Fuck foreal? Shit hurts. Fuck it got it.
>>
>>64424492
Eh, I think you can get a very particular sound out of a pick that you might want sometimes. Mike Watt used one at times. It's important to be able to play with fingers first and foremost, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hkDZvsewlM
>>
>>64424492
wow fuck you
picks are an entire dimension to the instrument and you're just saying fuck it
sanctimonious cunt
>>
>>64424513
don't listen to him about the picks, they're just another tool available to you and can produce all kinds of sounds that fingers can't
he's full of himself and full of shit, learn all the tools
>>
>>64424575
I am yes, deal with it m8
>>64424553
Pick encourages playing the bass like a guitar and learning rock and w/e that's just EEEE.

Sure a pick can let you do some great stuff, but do that later on when you're good at bass.
>>
>>64424492
fuck you
>>
>>64424451
Is it bad that all the slap I've learned is from Primus songs? I learned about 20 of em, I don't know if its a smart place to start
>>
>>64424622
>tfw play both bass and guitar with fingers because I'm hopeless with a pick
Whenever I need to just spam a few notes really quickly (read: playing Take No Prisoners) I kinda pretend I'm holding a pick but still use my index to continuously hit the string
>>
Lol these threads are always filled with the biggest plebs on /mu/.
>>
>>64424837
It's intense, I'd say it totally is.
>>
>>64424874
I've found that getting my ring finger involved with the picking helps when trying to play fast little licks fingerstyle.
>>
I'd slap it so hard I'd have Les, Flea and Ged at my door in a minute.
>>
>>64424837
I mean, if you can get the songs down well it's definitely a good start
I found the style Les uses (don't know what it's called, sorry) when he strums higher notes easy to learn
>>
>>64424279
I just use Strong Style famalam
>>
What are some good funk songs to learn on bass for someone already advanced on bass?

I've been playing for a few years, but never learned much of it on bass because I never really listened to it.

Some interesting country bass would be nice too if anyone knows any.
>>
I do it all the time in private. I do it on guitar do. Its easily the most fun way to play. Most slap music is shite but i really can't stress enough just how fun it can be when you get really good at it.
>>
>>64423829
No, but I'd slap a bitch
>>
>>64424492
this
>>
>>64423829
if you don't play slap bass, what the fuck are you playing. Otherwise bass, especially rock bass, is really fucking easy
ALSO SEINFELD THEME
>>
No. But I would slap my guitar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2R2KXNQR1M
>>
>>64423829
Is this a euphemism for masturbation?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.