[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your thoughts on Earl Sweatshirt? How big is his influence
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
What are your thoughts on Earl Sweatshirt? How big is his influence in modern rap? Is his style the future?
>>
Has 0 influence
>>
Talented lyricist.

Talented rapper.

Somewhat boring.

Depressing.

Ugly.

Like, really ugly.
>>
his style is the present... of him.

maybe there will be a "grunge rap" wave in the future, but there are quite literally zero signs of that taking off in the mainstream rn
>>
>>64415259
>Is his style the future?

He's one of the rare rappers that still rap withactual bars, but there's nothing new about his rapping. He took a lot of technics from MF Doom
>>
>>64415259
overrated garbaged based on his talent
mixtape is still his best project. recent albums show "promise" but never delivers just average tracks that leave the listener having to fill in the blanks for him

Has yet to make a release that can stand by it's own. just a monotone mf doom ripoff
>>
His style is most certainly not the future but he's carving a nice niche for himself and doing what he wants.
Solace was a beautiful release.
>>
>>64415259
Has yet to reach his full potential despite being an amazing lyricist.
>>
>>64415554
>I've only listened to Doris
>>
>>64415605
Nope i've listen to everything he has released
case and point of his fans projecting things as usual :)
>>
>>64415661
>projecting
Do you know what that word means, anon?
>>
>>64415724
"assuming" would be better

however maybe you thought the same as he did after doris but then changed your mind afterwards, hence projecting

it's all projecting in the end though, because you are only ever privy to your own mental experiences even when people describe their thoughts to you
>>
>>64415554
had tons of hype and potential until his mom ruined everything. ever since he came back from that homo prison camp hes changed into some pussy shit.
>>
>>64415259
idlsidgo is the only release of him that will ever hold up, i don't think his fans liked the direction but I thought it was way better than s/t or doris
>>
>>64416025
lowkey classic
>>
>>64415554
Pretty much this.
>>
>>64415918
>>>Reddit
>>
>>64415259
Had promise but fucked it up
>his style
his flow is literally just MF DOOMs flow
>>
He is absurdly physically ugly.
>>
he still good gone all quiet and ain't got no hype left.
his last record was alright
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.