[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Norwegian Black Metal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2
File: varg-vikernes.jpg (114 KB, 762x464) Image search: [Google]
varg-vikernes.jpg
114 KB, 762x464
I watched that documentary about it last night. That scene was fucked up.

discuss
>>
what documentary
>>
Has Varg gone too far?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N4EuDEzQQo
>>
nice blog
>>
>>64413652
Until The Light Takes Us presumably
>>
Cornflakes
>>
how likely is a another BM release by Burzum?
>>
>>64413744
not
>>
>>64413689>>64413652

This one. It's about all the 'different' kids from Norway in the 90s and how these little satanists killed each other, burned churches and made some kick ass black metal. Mayhem creeps me the fuck out. What other band takes a picture of their former vocalist's suicide and posts it as an album cover? And then that one dude was like "yeah, so-and-so killed his brother. I never knew he had the guys to do something like that. I respect him." They were all creepy little fucks
>>
>>64413744
He says that metal comes from rock, which comes from blues which is nigger music and thus it's a genre against the race.
>>
>>64413931
>satanists
Did you even watch it?
>>
>>64413691
I like the way he says crispy.
>>
>>64413973
Yeah most of it. I was exaggerating a bit, but a lot of them were messed up for sure. Vargs alright though. He's really not that smart in a lot of areas, but he makes a few good points.
>>
>>64413971
what about Umskiptar? its not exactly ambient nor is it straightforward BM, but it does feature shitloads of texture and atmosphere as his other work
>>
>>64413691
This was the best scene in the entire doc.
>>
>>64414023
Agreed
>>
>>64413931
its funny, the scene was made to repulse posers like you
>>
>>64413632

yeah, I watched it a few years ago. They were some crazy motherfuckers but you don't have to burn churches or be crazy to do black metal, in fact, Immortal (a band that it's a lot better musically than Mayhem) it's black metal at it's finest and Abbath thinks that whole burning churches thing is for retards, go figure
>>
>>64413971
why did he release so many metal albums then
>>
>>64414056
>implying that those bands didn't create a whole genre of posers

Yeah, how valuable IS shock value? Anyone can be evil to get famous.
>>
>>64414273
Literally, there would be black metal if it wasn't for kiss
>>
I preferred the One Man Metal doc
>>
>>64413931
>satanists
Wat.

Also the guy stabbed a random guy to death because he was homosexual. That's what that bit was about.

Also the photo thing was by request. Dead said to do it. The skull fragment necklaces is questionable as to whether or not it happened though.

Also this >>64414056

>>64414005
He's actually a pretty smart dude, his views are just really skewed and full on. I recommend giving that Sorcery and Religion in Ancient Scandinavia book a read though. It's pretty interesting and there's barely any of his politics in it at all.
>>
>>64414429
>it's okay, the victim was homosexual.

I'm guessing you didn't mean it like that though.

>guys, I'm gonna shoot my face off. make it an album cover. Nah it's okay, I'm depressed anyways.

That's more hardcore than Henry Rollins will ever be. No ones ever gonna top that But still, fuck shock value. I don't care if I'm the type of pleb they're trying to segregate themselves from, I'm glad I'm not one of them
>>
>>64414578
Nah I didn't mean to imply it was okay. Just clarifying what they were talking about.

It's important to remember for Dead is wasn't really about shock value, the guy was legitimately fucked up. He carried a dead crow around in a bag and smelt it before shows. They speculate he was suffering from Cotard Delusion since his child hood was apparently pretty fucked up.

The rest of the scene was shock value but it makes a lot more sense when you consider they were in an extremely orderly country with an active Lutheran rate above 80%.
>>
>>64413931
I think that is satan rides the media, pretty shit to be honest familia
>>
It's kind of dumb to glorify a scene of edgy kids who were just being led by an ultra edgy older kid into doing edgy shit.

Shame Varg never grew out of it though.
>>
>>64414683
I thought Norway was a very secular and nonreligious country though
>>
>>64414790

Well Varg burnt down 4 churches, so uhh, yeah that's pretty secular.
>>
>>64414273
I guess he only realized it later on
>>
>>64413971
Didn't one of Burzum's tracks have sort of a hip hop beat
>>
>>64414780
Dude.
You do realize that using "edgy" in a sarcastic manner implies that they weren't really dangerous and that they were just posturing.

You do realize that they were actually dangerous and not just posturing.

Don't you?
>>
>>64414790
No it's primarily Lutheran, the rate is around 76% at the moment but it was higher in the early 90s. Mixing that with a very strong sense of nationalism and a non-Christian history is the main reason a lot of that stuff happened.
>>
>>64413971
Source?
>>
>>64414056
What scene? Haven't watched it in a while.
>>
>>64413671
I wish he would post on /pol/.
>>
>>64414881
>You do realize that using "edgy" in a sarcastic manner implies that they weren't really dangerous and that they were just posturing.
You can be edgy and dangerous DUDE but besides that the people in that scene were more dangerous to each other than anything else.
When you read everything they did from the perspective of "They were all barely adults except this one older kid" it isn't as amazing a story.
>>
>>64414056
So you are saying they only made it for the posers?
>>
>>64414878
Dunkelheit is the song I'm thinking of. It has like a hip hop groove
>>
>>64415192
That album had influence from house music. It's really obvious on the second track. He used to hang out in clubs to be away from metalheads.
>>
>>64414944
If i remember well (Not sure though) it was in one of his videos from the youtube channel (Thulean Perspective)
>>
>>64413632
Its dead now, Trve circle black metal died when everyone with a tape recorder thought they could make black metal. It will never be good again, and nobody should ever expect it to. Still love my old circle albums tho.
>>
File: BelowTheLights_Enslaved.jpg (37 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
BelowTheLights_Enslaved.jpg
37 KB, 500x500
The best Norwegian Black Metal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P6dDQn3h9Q
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.