[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm a black guy trying to get into music that isn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 2
I'm a black guy trying to get into music that isn't Rap/Hip Hop

What are some bands similar to Black Sabbath?
>>
>>64391808

Try those bands dawg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2ZUTN8SgFo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iu3XcULf_E
>>
i was in the same boat as you literally hated every fucking sub-genre of rock until I found out about shoegaze

i now listen to rap shoegaze and drum and bass
>>
>>64391838

>rap shoegaze

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kx2_81YPBZ4
>>
>>64391808
Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats are pretty cool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1cdW-ba8Yw
>>
>>64391808
Electric Wizard
>>
>>>/wsr/
Nigger
>>
>>64391893
Lol wtf. I was expecting Dalek's Absence, the true GOAT hip-gaze
>>
>>64392154
Why did you post that?
>>
>>64391808
>Black Sabbath
shieet negro
>>
>>64392210
Because this is not a spoonfeeding board.
>>
>>64392225
First they came for a music rec
Then they raised the taxes
>>
>>64392225
Anon asked for recs, which is pretty common on /mu/. Are you a newfag?
>>
>>64392253
not that guy, but recs generally aren't allowed on boards with decent mods.
/mu/ is /v/ tier, which is why we have threads like this in the first place
>>
>>64392253
>which is pretty common on /mu/
As are shitposting threads and critic circlejerks. All three are cancer and need to be banned to make /mu/ great again.
>>
>>64392269
Recs are encouraged on /mu/. Keep that in mind before you start shirtposting next time around.
>>
ITT best Black dudes in music that arent rappers:

Toro Y Moi
Those dudes from TV on the radio
>>
>>64392307
I know that, shitposting is definitely encouraged
>>
File: 1457931534992.png (99 KB, 288x250) Image search: [Google]
1457931534992.png
99 KB, 288x250
>>64392307
>Recs are encouraged on /mu/.
The fucking sticky includes links that people should use to find new music.
>>
>>64392320
>Jazz
>Funk
>Soul
>Afrobeat
>>
>>64391808
Jesus Lizard
Not similar to Sabbath but my guess is you're looking for something 'heavy'
>>
>>64392336
I guess I meant besides their usual genres but anyway
>>
>>64392327
No one cares about the sticky. What do you think the "[genre] general" threads are about?
>>
>>64391808
Saint Vitus
Uncle Acid
>>
>>64392320
I fucking hate hip hop fans with every inch of my soul

You idiots are collectively the least informed and most opinionated retards on the internet.

If everybody who willingly listened to Kanye's latest album died tomorrow, the world would be a better place
>>
>>64392373
>No one cares about the sticky.
Then please show me where recs are enouraged. http://www.4chan.org/rules#mu

>What do you think the "[genre] general" threads are about?
Discussion of said genre. Recs are not discussion, they're spoonfeeding.
>>
>>64391808
>I'm a black guy
How is this in anyway relevant to your post, you narcissistic nigger
>>
>>64392390
Cool lol
>>
>>64392403
The sticky's lazily put together and not very helpful.

For example: If I wanna discover good shoegaze bands that fit a certain sound I'm looking for, it's easier for me to simply ask /shugazi/ as opposed to sifting through 1000s of artists on RYM and Last.FM

Besides, a lot of us genuinely enjoy discovering new music from rec threads made by others.
>>
>>64392390
You triggered af, lol
>>
SLEEP

Listen to Holy Mountain and then get as high as possible in order to listen to Dopesmoker. Good luck OP

>>64392409
He's just really into dark shit
>>
>>64392492
>The sticky's lazily put together and not very helpful.
Is it too much to ask to click on the two links below "Discover music:"?
Also, you still have to show me where recs are encouraged.

>For example: If I wanna discover good shoegaze bands that fit a certain sound I'm looking for, it's easier for me to simply ask /shugazi/ as opposed to sifting through 1000s of artists on RYM and Last.FM
Doesn't matter, spoonfeeding invites undesirable people who are too lazy/stupid/both to find music on their own.
>>
Try Uncle Acid And The Deadbeats, Sleep and Stoned Jesus (this one is literally Black Sabbath 2.0).
>>
>>64391808
this is literally bs for blacks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoqcIQ37amo
>>
>>64392578
> invites undesirable people who are too lazy/stupid/both to find music on their own.

I've been on /mu/ for over 6 years, I have yet to see a (shitpost-free) rec thread that wasn't productive. They're the only threads that make /mu/ worth browsing.

Meme and shitpost threads are absolute cancer by comparison.

Sorry anon, rec threads stay.
>>
>>64392427
>>64392511
I am 100% triggered and do not care one iota; I legitimately believe you retards should be gassed. You know nothing about theory, nothing about how music is made, nothing about art, and yet you offer your opinions constantly, and not just on hip hop but on virtually every moronic subject that is unfortunate enough to fail to escape your goldfish-sized attention span. Seriously, Toro Y Moi is the gold standard of black music to you fucking idiots? What, did you read his name on a Pitchfork Best of the Year list and none of your fellow retards had heard of his derivative scum music so you decided, hey, I'm going to pretend he's obscure and unique and THE BEST.

You are the human equivalent of trash and I genuinely hope you have a terrible life. Instead of opening your mouth next time, put a bullet in it, please. Not just for my sake but for the entire planet's
>>
>>64392660
Lol. Didnt read.

Budweiser or Coors Lite?
>>
>>64392646
>the only threads that exist are spoonfeeding threads and shitposting threads
>>
>>64392660
My taste is better than yours man I can prove it bro seriously
>>
>>64392722
well, I agree
>>
>>64392701
>hip hop fan is illiterate
Shocker

>>64392722
The purpose of my post wasn't to demonstrate the superiority of my taste, which was completely unaddressed, the purpose was to demonstrate the inferiority of yours. It succeeded, by the way
>>
>>64392745
Good

Now stop with this nonsense
>>
>>64391808
Fuzz
Sleep
>>
>>64392763
ok
>>
>>64392762
But my taste can't be inferior to yours like really

Trust me
>>
>>64392793
If you like hip hop (u.e. commerical music mass marketed to middle schoolers which is made by and for the unintelligent) then your taste is objectively inferior to anybody who doesn't like hip hop
>>
>>64392830
thats not true I just listen to more better music man. The artists I listen to are making the best music of the decade man
>>
>>64392708
Sort of
>>
>>64391808
>What are some bands similar to Black Sabbath?

Sleep
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-FjO3E8K-E

Electric Wizard
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkJauxo-4T8
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.