[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What music do rich people listen to? Most pop music is rebellious
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: christina-ricci-wallpapers-18.png (654 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
christina-ricci-wallpapers-18.png
654 KB, 1024x768
What music do rich people listen to?

Most pop music is rebellious friday night prole stuff. How does having money change ones musical tastes?

Bourdieu thought the bourgeois preferred restrained, calm music, but I don't know how this translates into the age of instant digital music.
>>
>>64388141
That one string music song that goes
Hoom dop dop
Doooom du du
Before everything blows up.
>>
Rich people mostly listen to the same shit poor people listen to except the musician sing and play it in front of them

source: is rich
>>
File: L1001565.jpg (101 KB, 1024x684) Image search: [Google]
L1001565.jpg
101 KB, 1024x684
rich people essentially listen to /mu core
You might spot a lot of rich celebs on festivals like Coachella or concerts of artist hyped here.
>>
>>64388599
lmao the rich kids are only at coachella to "be at coachella", they barely have any idea who chvrches are
>>
>>64388141
I literally thought that was Brian Molko before I checked the filename
>>
Rich folks are just shit grade hipsters. The only group they listen is Teagan and Sarah
>>
>>64388628
chvrches is supposed to be something other than mainstream indie pop?
>>
File: check em.jpg (158 KB, 841x1280) Image search: [Google]
check em.jpg
158 KB, 841x1280
pic semi related
>>
>>64388141
I've been to some rich people parties in Canada, i can give some clues:
Rich people in parties listens to music to nake girl dance, they dont really give a fuck. Salsa pop, reggaeton, moombathon, etc..... they have extremely good food, wines, and great vodka rhum cognac, but they bring also cheap and disgusting beers.

When theyrr home, some rich guy will probably listens and play some easy listening jazz : Nat King Cole, Sinatra, etc...
Its really that simple.
>>
>>64389444
Lastly, they also have free tickets sometimes to go to your their nearest urban symphony orchestra.
They go there mostly to show off , but im pretty sure they dont really give a fuck bout the music
>>
>>64389444
>Rich people in parties listens to music to nake girl dance, they dont really give a fuck.
What did he mean by this?
>>
Define rich.
>>
>>64388599
>coachella
>good music
Fucking plebs

Anyway why would rich people listen to different music? Old intellectual rich people might listen to patrician music. But young heirs will simply put on miley or bieber. Source: my cousin is rich (not ultra mega rich but still)
>>
>>64389616
Well, I'm more interested in people who have never eagerly awaited a paycheck, so here rich means "son of someone with at least two or three million in assets."

Sets the bar pretty low, but basically all they need is a sense of security, and the opinion that society is doing pretty OK. Better if they are the grandchild of someone with those kinds of assets (who managed to hold onto them.)
>>
>>64388141
They mostly listen to the same music poor people listen to. The cultured aristocrat is not an archetype the wealthy look up to in a capitalist entertainment oriented society. You can even see big european fashion houses like Balmain or Givenchy reacting to being referenced in pop music, steering away from their classicist and refined aesthetic towards a definetely populist one, associating with Rihanna and Miley Cyrus.

The fact that our culture gives the most importance to money over everything else means the wealthy are more preoccupied with displays of unbridled oppulence than anything else. Refined taste requires restraint. Usually, the most cultural life is found in the middle class, who aren't defined by how poor or how rich they are, and will most often try to show their status through education and taste. This is where artists most often emerge from.
>>
Wealth doesn't make any difference to musical taste
>>
>>64388628
seriously man fucking this

it's sad cus most festivals are turning into that, it's just another fad
>>
>>64391498
best post today
>>
>>64391498
this is pretty spot on, there are definitely rich and poor people who become artists but it's usually in the middle class

then there are the snooty trust fund kids you meet at art/music school
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.