[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HAS P4K GONE TOO FAR?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: OBND.png (425 KB, 663x866) Image search: [Google]
OBND.png
425 KB, 663x866
Have to say, I saw it coming.
>>
>pitchfork giving a white man a 10
>pitchfork praising anything that could be considered problematic

nice try
>>
File: 1453588156687.gif (2 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
1453588156687.gif
2 MB, 320x180
>>64369729
>post-country
>>
>reissue
>best new music
>>
>>64369936
hi /v/
>>
>>64370104
t. reddit
never visited /v/ in my life or played a video game besides fifa soccer
>>
>>64370087
the more i think about it, the more it make sense that post country is a valid descriptor
>>
>>64370338
explain
>>
>>64369936
they are always looking to be contrarian, it's why they started giving color-by-numbers rap albums bloated ratings.

that was starting to get old, so now they're looking to do it with shitty mainstream country.
>>
>>64370344
i mean, kinda like grunge and post grunge but in the very general sense that its an authentic genre or sound and then it warps and changes structure to become a commericial, softer, and less confrontational version of itself

but in this case, its country all the way up to the 80s and starting in the 90s it changes and becomes post-country when you hit kenny chesney
>>
>>64370908
Is this the case for post-rock, post-punk, or post-dubstep? "post-" generally means "in reaction to", so your point is valid
>>
>>64371134
I thought about that, because most of the "post" genres are reactions that build off, but post-grunge doesn't, and neither does this.

hair metal had the van halen model they were copying, but post-grunge copied vedder vocals and grunge aesthetic. Both of these are what people are calling modern country as (hair metal of country vs post-country)

so im not sure if its a "reaction to" and is one of the special cases where its taking what was considered authentic about country (just like they took something authentic about grunge) and commercialized and candied it
>>
>>64371685
makes sense
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.