[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why is everybody suddenly pretending Beyonce is good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 169
Thread images: 17
why is everybody suddenly pretending Beyonce is good
>>
>>64365194
Because the new album is really good
>>
File: DSC_0040.jpg (561 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0040.jpg
561 KB, 1536x2048
who?
>>
This happened when she released that album a few years back too. Everybody forgot about it in a couple months.
>>
File: 1460682957764.jpg (52 KB, 742x720) Image search: [Google]
1460682957764.jpg
52 KB, 742x720
I honestly just thought that it was a reflection of the current state of /mu/. Which is to say that standards have dropped so low that anti intellectualism is allowed to run rampant.

So they're not pretending to like Beyonce. /mu/ is actually just at a low point to actually enjoy her.
>>
File: WAI PIKAU PIKAU.png (743 KB, 1186x900) Image search: [Google]
WAI PIKAU PIKAU.png
743 KB, 1186x900
>>64365194
>pretending
>>
>>64365374
Good to see you fighting the evils of poptimism
>>
Few are pretending. Musical counter-culture (and counter culture in general) has been completely corporatized at this point and they have successfully marketed their shit pop music to a whole generation of small minded retards. They tricked people into believing you have to enjoy focus-group trash that's usual purpose is parroting the shallow views of the mildly socially progressive listeners back at them so they trick themselves into thinking they have developed an identity when all they did was become an unpaid marketer. If you don't do this then "you don't love music" and "you are just trying to hard". In the current public consciousness, you either enjoy pop music, somehow proving you have a truly wide taste, or you are a buzzkill self-important jerkoff. They made everybody forget about the third option where you just listen to the music that is actually pleasing to your ears and don't try to use the music you "like" to make a statement about yourself based on it.
>>
>>64365194
they're all Sanders/Hillary supporters
>>
>>64365194
White nu-male virtue signaling.

Some of them will even respond to this very post with lowercase snark. Watch.
>>
So many redditors forgetting the fact that this place discussed Lady Gaga and Keisha
>>
>>64365374
nah it's a "silent majority" situation. The vast majority of us are woke to how shit Beyonce is, but the people who talk about Beyonce really like her.
>>
>>64365707
this, but also
>a buzzkill self-important jerkoff
when did this became an undesired trait
>>
>>64365743
>>64365718
>>>/pol/

For OP: memesters are baiting /pol/tards, nobody actually likes it at least here on /mu/. Add to this racist journalism and voilĂ 
>>
>>64365763
Both of whom are now far too white and had too many pretensions of "artistry" that fail to past contemporary poptimist muster.
>>
>>64365763
Lady Gaga actually innovated pop and elevated it to a new level in the late 2000's with The Fame Monster though
>>
>>64365775
>autism: the post
>>
>>64365194
>suddenly
She's been hugely popular for a decade. Her music is catchy, she taps into the cultural zeitgeist, she's well-marketed, and so on. That's all normies and casual music listeners want, why can't you autists get that? We don't need 20 threads a day talking about how bad Beyonce is or how bad the corporate shill reviews of her album are. You're not exposing anything new, and you're not enlightened for pointing it out. How about we just dedicate this board to talking about music that we are interested in?
>>
>>64365707
this
>>
>>64365815
maybe I should add to my point that she didn't actually innovate the genre itself, but it saved pop music from its slump from the 90's and 2000's, since then most songs of hers suck but The Fame Monster definitely changed what pop music is now
>>
>>64365815
>innovated pop and elevated it to a new level
Words like this are toxic to twentysomething white guys who type like teenage black girls on twitter

"Innovation" is not how you signal authenticity to your extended social circle
It needs to be something crass and commerical without such pretension in order to showcase just how not stuck up your own ass your head really is

That's why Sprite Presents: Empowerful Gyrations (a Tidal Exclusive) is a godsend for these types
>>
>>64365920
god man you know some horrible people
>>
>>64365944
Yeah. They're called Americans aged 17-27.
>>
>>64365835
>he's an agreeable person
bet you have friends too
>>
Are you guys fucking kidding? Fucking serious?
>>
>>64365953
>self-hating murican implies other nations are smarter
D O N' T
>>
>>64366010
unles ur mum is called kidding no I'm not fucking kidding
>>
File: 5ZAe42zN.jpg (42 KB, 316x316) Image search: [Google]
5ZAe42zN.jpg
42 KB, 316x316
>>64366010
>Are you guys fucking kidding?
>>
>>64365833
nice dubs and nice cat
>>
>>64366024
noice, ima use this
>>
>>64366021
No smarter or dumber, but certainly less self-hating and disingenuous

I live outside the US because I had to get away from these people, and no: I haven't encountered their equivalent in my current country. The American strain of enthomasocism is unrivaled by that of any other nation
>>
>>64366080

LOL @ people fucking off to other, shittier countries to try and "get away from" Americans. More glorious freedom countryside for me.
>>
>>64366202
Well it sounds like we're both happy then.
>>
>>64366080
>>64366092
you right guyse
i done fucked up

d'ya think the Cultural Marxist revolutionary massacre is inevitable tho? i think about this more and more every day. i'm about to go full tinfoil.
>>
Everybody's been pretending she's good ever since she first went solo. It's just been continuous bullshit praise.

I was with a group of girls, and one of them said that she loved Beyonce, but couldn't stand Alicia Keys. I said I felt the exact opposite, that I thought Keys was one of the most talented people in R&B right now, and that I couldn't stand Beyonce. I said it completely non-confrontationally. The girl I was disagreeing with didn't mind at all, 'cuz she's a cool person, but the entire rest of the group seemed pissed off at me for the rest of the week.
>>
Disregarding Beyonce's race and sex, is there any discussion of the actual music? Because I think it sucks and we should've stopped having threads a while ago
>>
>>64366317
>hoping this board will ever elevate above shitposting
coon pls
>>
because her music is good. you've never listened to it, how would you know?
>>
>>64366317
Well, you see, if music can be sold on social themes and "controversy", then there is no need to risk the music not being good enough to sell on its own merits, so you simply choose the method that is most likely to make the most money. Record companies figured all of this out a long time ago, and so have most people over the age of 23, but there will always be a new generation of naive kids to exploit. Since we now encourage this idiocy into our late 20's by giving people more avenues to stay connected with youth culture on the internet and everybody going to college, its even more lucrative.Marketing is more important than content when it comes to making money in music, so manufacturing your music in such a way to generate its own buzz through social media and the sentries of social consciousness that the media perceives themselves to be, is a pretty surefire way to make money. Even now, I am here, thinking the music is shit, typing in a thread about it and being gear in the machine.
>>
S H I L L S
H
I
L
L
S
>>
>>64365707
this

you see this backlash against 'elitism' in surface-level metal circles too, where it's implied that not enjoying metalcore makes you some kind of basement-dwelling autist
>>
>>64366606
>implying liking metal doesn't
>>
>>64365374

Anime is the lowest form of art there is, though, so you have no room to criticize in that regard.
>>
File: beyonce.jpg (80 KB, 426x550) Image search: [Google]
beyonce.jpg
80 KB, 426x550
Beyonce is literally the most attractive female to ever make music who gives a shit if she's good or not
>>
You guys are so close, but you just don't get it. Yes, Beyonce's music is contrived, manufactured and ultimately not very good, but it's just a front. Everyone knows that subconsciously, but 'liking' her music is just a way of expressing support for black people, and in particular black women. Unfortunately, we live in a consumerist society, and young people being the most susceptible to marketing only really know how to express themselves through consumption.

When people say they like Beyonce, they aren't *really* referring to the music, so when autists tell everyone they dislike Beyonce they come off as potentially racist contrarians.

Now, I don't think this is a good thing. It basically means that identity politics (which are questionable enough to begin with) are now just a source of income for elites. And ultimately consuming Beyonce does nothing practically for black women (whether you agree they are 'oppressed' or not). It basically creates a culture where a requirement for being politically correct is making elites a lot of money, and where you cannot express a dissenting opinion without coming off like a bigot.

But you need to understand that it's not about music or art whatsoever, so engaging with it in those terms is useless. People are both smarter and dumber than you think. Everyone gets that Beyonce is a product, they just don't see the bigger picture.
>>
>>64366696
>likes pop hoes
>doesn't pick the 40yo Scherzinger
wew lad
>>
>>64366739
>Beyonce's music is contrived, manufactured and ultimately not very good, but it's just a front. Everyone knows that subconsciously,
stop projecting your faux intelligent theories onto others, I get where you're going with your post but you're reaching too far
>>
>>64366788
The average person doesn't give a shit about or really understand music, and almost all mainstream pop music is ultimately the same. Do you think there are people out there who sincerely prefer Beyonce to other generic pop stars musically, or do you think they prefer what it means to consume her vs. other pop stars?
>>
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 1053x790) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 1053x790
>>64365194
>I do not care about today's music
It is shit.
>>
>>64366852
>The average person doesn't give a shit about or really understand music the way I want them to.

Fixed.
>>
>>64366906
that doesn't make any sense because most people in the general public have absolutely no musical education. nothing wrong with that at all, and the fact that you take offense from this in the first place just screams insecurity.
>>
>>64365194
I enjoyed the self-titled well-enough. I really loved the song Drunk In Love.

Not much interest in the new album, though. May get around to it eventually, but it's definitely not a priority.
>>
It really is a very "YAAAS" minority people.
>>
>>64366696
I could name a much cuter musician who makes much better music
>>
>>64366651
yeah, it's autists calling other autists autists

overall a complete mess
>>
>>64366852
>Do you think there are people out there who sincerely prefer Beyonce to other generic pop stars musically, or do you think they prefer what it means to consume her vs. other pop stars?
I think it's a combination of both, Beyonce does have a distinct sound and you shouldn't be suprised that people prefer her music over other generic pop stars, the fact that she's supposedly the face of all black women only further adds to the enjoyment of her music.

You seem to assume that it's impossible to like Beyonce strictly for her music because you think it's generic pop music, considering that most people only listen to radio shit that would make Beyonce the Muhammad Ali of radio pop because she's got a perfect record of releasing really catchy tunes, even if the message which she sends is a shallow one about being independent people still eat that shit up
>>
Because stupid college age kids are 'ironically' enjoying shitty pop music like Beyonce, Kanye and Beiber because they are fucking stupid and lap up any kind of 'counter-culture' marketed to them. Except its not actual counter-culture, its mainstream culture like that guy said earlier, developed by corporations.

Its the same everywhere, those moronic posts on Facebook you see about leftist causes? They think its a counter-culture movement and just got manipulated to do the establishment's bidding. Actual counter-culture is the 'alt-right' who reacted to this current climate in the most severe way. They advocate harsh measures because there are none, they advocate hard work over welfare, they practice racism because everyone is tiptoeing around the subject
>>
>>64366979
>cuter musician
this is how i know that you're a nu male, beyonce isn't "cute" she's a perfect woman
>>
>>64366852
this. for most people music is a mere fashion statement. they eventually learn to enjoy certain aspects of it but is there really enough empirical evidence to suggest that appreciation of music is innate? i bet 'normies' would be tapin their feet to Schoenberg and Stravinsky in no time if the 'radio' - i know, dead medium, right? - was pumping it 24/7.
>>
>>64367013
>likes beyonce
>calls me a nu male
>>
>>64367012
lmao you people
>>
>>64367042
>>likes beyonce
I don't "like" Beyonce, I do however like her ass, hips, tits, face and legs
>>
File: 1405433100322.jpg (532 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
1405433100322.jpg
532 KB, 1536x2048
>>64367059
>lmao you people with a brain
>>
>>64367074
Well then you have shitty generic taste in women you plebeian
>>
>>64366985
I guess I should correct myself. It's not that I think people can't enjoy her music - ultimately it's made to be catchy and agreeable to as many people as possible. My point is really that the musical distinction between her and others is nowhere near the level of her cultural/social distinction. Basically, there's no purely musical reason I can see for her to get quite as much love as she's getting compared to others.

>>64367015
Basically, but I would disagree on the 'mere' part. It's important, it's how people express themselves now, through consumption and "fashion statements." It's well-intentioned from the point of the listener, but quite concerning on a wider level.
>>
>>64367085
post a cuter musician
>>
>>64367012
Boy did this post fucking nosedive towards the end
>>
>ctrl+f "white guilt"
>0 results
White guilt
>>
>>64365374
I hate the anti-intellectual weeaboo spammers but I'm okay with them as long as they're going after shit like Beyoncé
>>
File: vashtibunyantop2.jpg (376 KB, 980x1251) Image search: [Google]
vashtibunyantop2.jpg
376 KB, 980x1251
>>64367144
V A S H T I

And she actual made good music
>>
You guys know that she's just the face for most of her music right? Just like most hip-hop/R&B artists now a days..
>>
>>64367179
>ctrl+f "white guilt"
>2 results
White guilt
>>
>>64367100
>Basically, there's no purely musical reason I can see for her to get quite as much love as she's getting compared to others.
A lot of people probably disagree with this in principle but I'd be interested to see if anyone can actually articulate clearly why they think any of the songs on that new album are exceptionally composed or performed.
>>
>>64366979
Name one. Name one female that can sing and dance as well as Beyonce then.
>>
>>64366852
You are right, these people are just butthurt.
>>
>>64367188
Thats the ugliest woman ive ever seen
>>
>>64367234
>implying dancing matters
>>64367188 right there btw
>>
>>64365707
Best post ITT
>>
>>64367247
Beyonce is pretty generic looking imo, especially since I know a billion girls who look like her. Vashti is more talented
>>
>>64367234
>and dance
There are maybe (if we're being generous) 4 people on /mu/ who care about dancing and you're not in the right place if this is something you want to discuss.
>>
>>64366935
>no musical education.

Worthless.

Music theory 101 students like yourself so badly want to elevate music as an "intellectual art form" on the level of literature, philosophy, or even cinema, but the cold hard fact here is that music will always be an artform that is highly more abstract and "irrational" than the aforementioned, and this is a fact that drives your types nuts.

Why did I call a music education in that regard worthless? Because it is. Any field in which you need "an education" to understand and practice in the real world is usually anchored in some kind of objective, immutable foundation. If you want to be a Mechanical Engineer, then you better learn physics. Subjectivity and your feelings, the professor's feelings, etc, about physics are irrelevant.

There's no such objectivity for this "Music Theory" to operate from. It's totally fuckin' arbitrary. Given that, you can't quantify "quality."

You criticize pop fans for "consuming" their favorite pop stars out of inauthentic image needs, but those in academia do the exact same thing, consuming their favorite -isms for institutional credibility or out of personal need to feel like some chin stroking intellectual.

It's the same mentality at work, and totally phony. If the Beyonce fan tells you why he likes because of its production, then that is a totally legitimate reasons, just as legitimate as you and your tweed jacket cohorts navel gazing over the microtones in the latest Ferneyhough piece.
>>
>>64367230
Well, there's nothing I'd necessarily add to her songs. They are what they're meant to be. I mean, they have so many writers spending years trying to create an album's worth of mathematically perfect accessible catchy pop songs, and I do think they achieved that. But there's an entire industry of that for every mainstream pop artist, so it's just not that distinctive besides her voice and the content of her lyrics (which I again I think have more political and social meaning than artistic).
>>
File: image.jpg (108 KB, 600x882) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108 KB, 600x882
>>64367144
>>
>>64367295
>especially since I know a billion girls who look like her.
I seriously doubt that, even if they have similar features they could never match her perfection, she's a literal 10

There's nothing wrong with having "generic" features if she looks as good as Beyonce (which I'm assuming is because she looks like a well functioning person and not a meme girl heroin chic tumblrina)
>>
File: julia.jpg (3 MB, 3404x2265) Image search: [Google]
julia.jpg
3 MB, 3404x2265
>>64367144
>more attractive face
>cuter ass
>isn't a ridiculously sexualized """"""musician""""""
>is infinitely more talented
>>
>>64367339
Soz, I should have been more clear. I meant explain what you think is good about them, not explain how they came to be made.
>>
>>64367012
Alt-right is retarded though. They are right about society being shit and PC being stupid and all of that, but they're proposed changes are just as shit. The real left is dead in this country, people here will only be as left as the media considers acceptable. Information wars are so real and huge in the modern age and its crazy how few people realize it. PR/propaganda is the most defining aspect of our time. Everybody thinks they are all so in control, but we are all affected by everything we experience.
>>
>>64367374
Beyonce isn't even cute, I'm sorry you have such garbage taste, but seriously, every inner city mixed race girl who thinks she's superior looks exactly like beyonce.
>>
>>64367156
Name an actual counter-culture movement then

Or was it more you got triggered because
>muh /pol/
>must not resist the brainwashing
>d-delete /pol/
>>
>>64367416
Did I ever claim that they weren't? They are pretty much the only counter-culture movement out there, and its nothing organised
>>
The way i saw it is that /mu/ basically just had troll threads and people ironic and then people who saw those threads thought it was serious and now those are the people making the threads
Happens all the time
>>
>>64367420
>I'm sorry you have such garbage taste
You will understand once you grow out of your sleep deprived alt grill with self destructive tendencies phase familia
>>
File: 1457888073743s.jpg (5 KB, 125x122) Image search: [Google]
1457888073743s.jpg
5 KB, 125x122
>>
>>64367457
Vashti is a rural 1970's country girl, get your facts straight. Maybe you'll see after you finish your "pop stars are SO hot" phase
>>
>>64367422
I'm not arguing that the "alt-right" isn't a counter-culture, but I am arguing that they are blowhard faggots and that your endorsement of them is embarrassing.
>>
BIRD UP
>>
>>64367457
i like hoes but i have to agree with anon; beyonce is trash. rita ora has a far superior tits-ass ratio and no roided limbs. plus she's not black and not a senior citizen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_2txyqEmOI
>>
>>64367400
It's simple. The songs are catchy, and fit the musical norms of their time and scene. Like I said, it's not about the music, so there's not much to say about it in any direction. Just like we agree it's difficult to express why this album is "better" than any other pop album, I think you'd also struggle to express why it's worse.
>>
>>64367440
I didn't mean to imply that you were one of them, just that such is the sate of current counter culture, just a bunch of idiots being brainwashed by memes.
>>
>>64366259
how did we get to a point where actual talented musicians who play instruments and write their own songs get hated on in favor of mass produced corporate pop artists? theres nothing wrong with liking the latter but to put them on a pedestal is insulting to everyones intelligence.
>>
>>64366788
>stop thinking about stuff

I really hate this trend. Basically being so contrarian you go round to being conformist again
>>
What the fuck /mu/
Beyonce gets more threads than fucking AnCo with Painting With and AnCo are like the fucking essential /mu/ band
Radiohead pleasr drop LP9 and save us from this shit
>>
>>64366739
>Now, I don't think this is a good thing. It basically means that identity politics (which are questionable enough to begin with) are now just a source of income for elites. And ultimately consuming Beyonce does nothing practically for black women (whether you agree they are 'oppressed' or not). It basically creates a culture where a requirement for being politically correct is making elites a lot of money, and where you cannot express a dissenting opinion without coming off like a bigot.

wow this is so accurate, i feel like it will only get worse in the coming years
>>
>>64367338
>non-representational art is irrational
>'intellectuals' automatically praise everything that is 'challenging' regardless whether it's good or not
wew lad
>>
>>64367709
I assume there may be shillery at foot
>>
>>64365854
This
>>
because beyonce is music that white people tell other white people to listen to because they think that black people think that white people who listen to beyonce are the good kind of white people
>>
>>64367709
What's even worse is that Beyonce's album is gonna stay above 3 which is ridiculous considering Painting With is currently on 2.97 (not that that's a fair score to begin with)
>>
>>64367773
basically
>>
>>64365707
one of the most insightful posts i've ever seen on this board
>>
>>64367422
Global Jihadism is the 21st century's only legit counterculture
>>
>>64367715
it will. unless you stop keeping mum. why would you want to hang out with socialists?
>>
>>64367778
Honestly Painting With at around a 3 is completely reasonable. It's a very middling record so a bunch of 5s and 6s makes sense for it. It's not just pitchfork's fault either.
>>
>>64365194
Because we live in the glorious white guilt progressive era of the 2010s where criticising a black woman would be met with a roaring shitflame
I miss old /mu/, they wouldn't let this shit fly
>>
>>64367773
American culture is so weird.
>>
>>64367631
But then... you don't think the album is particularly good?
Catchy pop albums that conform to tropes of their scene are a dime a dozen. Like, whatever if you think she's attractive or an interesting cultural figure, I was talking specifically about the music she's made.
Also, I haven't heard it but I doubt I'd have much trouble identifying why it's better or worse than similar albums. Or at least, I usually don't struggle explaining why I do and don't like stuff.
I don't suspect it is worse than the status quo. It's probably boringly average.
>>
>>64367883
That's what I'm saying, I'm the person you originally replied to. It's good only in the sense that it takes no risks and meets the basic requirements of pop music. I personally would not be able to say why it's better or worse than similar albums, and reviews I've read don't bother attempting to either. All they talk about is the cultural significance.
>>
>>64367709
Painting With sucked, move on.
>>
>>64368008
I thought it was pretty good.
>>
File: haha.jpg (18 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
haha.jpg
18 KB, 480x360
>>64366694
Kek
>>
>>64367965
>I'm the person you originally replied to
OOOOHHHH. That makes sense.
>>
>>64365194
because MKULTRA mind control is in effect
ALL YOU PLEBS STOP ANALYSING HER ALBUM YOU FUCKS
TOGETHER WE CAN DO THIS
ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWAH
STOP GIVING A DAMN TO WHAT ILLUMINATI PAWNS JAY Z KANYE KATY PERRY BEYONCE
>>
>>64368106
>didn't finish the sentence
confirmed cia kill
>>
File: image (4).jpg (66 KB, 728x546) Image search: [Google]
image (4).jpg
66 KB, 728x546
>>64367013
>liking cute girls is now an undesirable "nu-male" thing
>>
>>64365707
Been thinking alot about this this morning, and to add to that, culture has also encouraged people to believe that they shouldn't develop themselves. We are all told that it is okay to like the same vapid bullshit for our entire lives and "it's just a different opinion" when the reality is that it is more often just somebody wanting to be validated in their mediocrity and undeveloped thoughts/personality.
>>
Are they? Her new album sounds her other albums. Not really impressive.
>>
>>64367617
If you need further proof of the ideas that have been thrown around in this thread, just look at the title of the video in this post. You can just imagine a retarded 19 year old girl on twitter reposting this with some comment about how she loves how expressive Rita is and how much she adores her fun and off-beat answers and mannerisms.
>>
>>64365194
Because everyone who hates Gucci Mane is appreciating that she copied him
>>
>>64368406
sure. i was only saying that she's hot unlike manhands beyonce.
>>
2013: racism started
2014: kendrick slay
2015: TPAB
2016: lemonade (RIP racism)
>>
>>64367247
Ofc she's ugly to you. You only like girls with fake asses, fake boobs, fake lips, fake noses, fake eyelashes, fake eye color, fake hair, ton of make up and very high heels that you can't find beauty in a actual real human being.
>>
>>64365707
>They tricked people into believing you have to enjoy focus-group trash that's usual purpose is parroting the shallow views of the mildly socially progressive listeners back at them so they trick themselves into thinking they have developed an identity when all they did was become an unpaid marketer.

this
>>
File: anime.gif (2 MB, 266x240) Image search: [Google]
anime.gif
2 MB, 266x240
>>64365374
Pic related
>>64367185
But I agree with this guy at the same time
>>
>implying Destiny's Child isn't prime late-90s early-2000s nostalgia
>>
do people realize that beyonce is just a female singer? like, she isn't particularly extraordinary to me. her husband is filthy rich, but even the two of them put together aren't that remarkable.

why do so many people identify with her? because she's black?
>>
>>64365707
>They made everybody forget about the third option where you just listen to the music that is actually pleasing to your ears and don't try to use the music you "like" to make a statement about yourself based on it.
True
>>
>>64368008
Its not about that
Its about /mu/ falling so far that fucking beyonce gets more threads than anco
>>
>>64369059
>beyonce gets more threads than anco
sjw(s) b8(ing)
>>
>>64369014
she's empowering because she's a black woman with a powerful voice who sings about the feminism
>>
>>64369059
but she's not. there are at least half a dozen animal collective threads every day. new albums tend to get more threads than older albums, but animal collective get so many threads regardless of if they have just released an album or not. calm down nerd.
>>
Wait people like Beyonce?

/mu/ is ded
>>
>>64369200
They're shills, I'd bet
>>
>>64369200
>taylor swift threads were posted everyday for about a year or so
>didn't think it was bad then
saw your genitals off
>>
>>64366317
I just heard 'Formation' and it was absolute bilge. Already getting a headache from how this shit will be all the clubs play for months on end.
>>
>>64369211
hmmmmmm i've actually heard from some credible sources about shills (well the ones i heard of were politics/current affairs shills) so i bet they're shills too here
>>
it's a shame that being not entirely in love with Beyonce apparently aligns you with alt-right neckbeards. i'd have thought the aggressive promotion of capitalist submission as "revolutionary act" that she represents would rile a few lefties
>>
>>64365770
this

those who know she's not great aren't motivated or really want to ever post about it, meanwhile the minority who really like here go out of their way to post about it
>>
>>64365707
its the false dichotomy that people who parrot poptimism use

honestly just call them out on this false dichotomy and we're on our way
>>
i will murder the world if i see another omg yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas queen bee post on twitter or some shit after she says something "feminist"
>>
>>64369131
being attractive enough to be sucked into a record contract at a young enough age is feminism?
>>
>>64369683
learn to read, jizzrag
>>
>>64365770
agree
>>
>>64369014
>why do so many people identify with her? because she's black?
because they're supposed to

black people are a tiny minority when you put it into perspective, even more so if you just look at women. so, no, most people don't identify with her directly. apparently in 2016 if you're not spending money on and blindly praising the right vapid products you're a racist.

it's both wonderfully and scarily ironic that the aggressively non-racist leftists are actually upholding traditional power structures in the act of promoting 'social justice,' making more money for rich whitey who owns every mainstream pop star's label
>>
>>64367302
>>64367261
You realize the reason why she highly regarded is because of how well she can perform, right? If we're talking strictly singing I could name countless people who are better than her. She makes pop music and is an entertainer, dance is a big part of that.

>b-b-but it don't matter!!!

Not to you
>>
>>64370454
>""""""""""""makes""""""""""'' pop music
she's a performer, not a musician
>>
>>64370631
k
>>
>>64365808
Kesha hasn't done anything in years, please form a new conspiracy
>>
>suddenly
this place has always been full of teeny bopper garbage and Tumblrinas. For the most part they stay in their containment threads, though, except for the Taylor Swift faggots.
>>
>>64365707
best post i've seen on /mu/ in a while
>>
>>64365707
Great post family
>>
>>64365707
I nominate this post for the Nobel Prize.
>>
File: 1460313557100.png (424 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1460313557100.png
424 KB, 600x600
>>64365707
Good job moo
>>
>>64370454
>people on a music board insisting the conversation about an artist should relate to their music alone
Huh. Go figure.
>>
>>64366696
Sure
>>
>>64367144
>>
Been listening to Beyoncé since the mid 00s. I like over manufactured pop music unironically. This is coming from a personal who also enjoys noise, shoegaze, post-punk. So get the fuck out with your poptimist bullshit.
>>
>>64371450
Person*
>>
>>64365194
because /mu/ has always had shit taste.

>>64365207
your opinion.

>>64365707
Amen brother. Wonderful post.
>>
>>64371450
>he hasn't read the most quoted post in this thread

see >>64365707
Thread replies: 169
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.