[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was this band ever considered punk/hardcore, this glossy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 300x300
Why was this band ever considered punk/hardcore, this glossy shit is terrible. Yes, I have also heard their "zodiac songs" or whatever, they are just as bad.

Completely milquetoast boring crap that substitutes song length for any interesting ideas or half-decent songwriting. Their songs can stretch on and on and still go absolutely nowhere.

>it has harsh vocals so it's punk!
>>
le bump
>>
>milquetoast

do you use that word in your daily life?
>>
>>64342910
why
>>
>>64342184
Agreed, and the vocals are similar to the story so far in that his screams begin before his last screams end because it's edited to shit. Awful boring pretentious trash in the guise of profound art
>>
>>64342184
They don't come across right on albums. Live shows are a different story
>>
>>64343081
live is literally "the same but worse because we don't have access to expensive protools voice for fatman and no live sound engineer can make sense of our unnecessary 4 fucking guitars"

there's no tension or energy in this shit
>>
Listen to Hidden World and their early 7-inches ya dumb idiot.
>>
>>64343226
No, it's better live because the point comes across when you see it. DIY and not so glossy as the album since it is punkish and Damien is fat and ugly. The albums are too overproduced.

but I like that kind of show, so it's fine if you don't
>>
I preferred it when only the punks were discussing Fucked Up, pitchfork shouldn't have picked them up.

>>64343226
>no live sound engineer can make sense of our unnecessary 4 fucking guitars
kek
entirely true
>>
>>64343449
anon I go to, book, and play actual punk and hardcore shows in basements and warehouses

this shit is not punk and is absolutely fucking NOT diy by any means

>>64343462
like holy hell no wonder their music just sounds like a wall of nothing, imagine what their band practices must sound like
>>
>>64342184
their song average length is like 3 minutes lol
>>
>>64342897
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>64344609
are you really implying this tepid shit isn't redditcore
>>
>>64342184
>>64343638
Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's not punk lmao. I mean, let's not be childish here.
>>
>>64344760
it's not punk because it sounds like the foo fighters with protools screams
>>
up
>>
>>64342184
Fuck Fantano for panning this
>>
>>64346794
it is very bad though
>>
They really fell off after The Chemistry of Common Life. Their early singles/EPs up through Hidden World was actually some pretty great, progressive punk music.
>>
File: not real.jpg (64 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
not real.jpg
64 KB, 400x300
>>64343638
>>64344760
IT'S NOT REAL
>>
>>64342184
don't really consider this band punk, they're more for the indie/hipster market but have punk and artsy influences

they're really catchy to be honest and are at their best when they focus on the pop hooks

turn the season is a great song
>>
>>64347992
I thought CoCL was super pretentious. Like, they tried to be artsy but failed, and the music wasn't built on any foundation of good songwriting so it all just fell flat.

David Comes to Life actually had some good songwriting though, and all the "artsy" crap was in the story which was pretty easy to ignore.
>>
>>64342184
>Why was this band ever considered punk/hardcore,
Because punk/hardcore is how they started out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea-x8VLzU-4
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.