[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>discount Michael Jackson
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: image.png (555 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
image.png
555 KB, 1200x675
>discount Michael Jackson
>>
File: michael-jackson.jpg (53 KB, 635x471) Image search: [Google]
michael-jackson.jpg
53 KB, 635x471
>discount Prince
>>
>both are dead
>>
1/2 bowie, 1/2 Jackson, and 1/2 as good as either
>>
Michael Jackson wasn't one of the greatest guitarists of all time though
>>
literally nothing alike
>>
>>64329000
edgy
>>
>>64328849
Savage op
>>
He's really the black version of David Bowie.
>>
>>64329010
>one of the greatest guitarists of all time though
now I've heard everything
>>
>>64332642
prince was good as fuck at guitar
>>
>>64332678
well I'll strongly agree with that
>>
It is kind of odd though isn't it? He's right in that weird area where he's pop but no one really knows his stuff, his critically acclaimed or whatever but no one on /mu/ really listens to him (probably because he was a sperg who didn't want anyone to listen to his music without paying $16.99 an album).
>>
Prince did far more for the industry than Michael Jackson did.

Prince's impact is something that most people will never see as it was on the various artists directly.
>>
>>64332960
he's "underground" mainstream.

see also: beach boys, bob dylan, new order
>>
>>64333026
>beach boys
>bob Dylan
>being any kind of underground at all

Bob Dylan holds the record for having his songs covered more than anyone else in history
>>
>>64333073
go to any high school and ask them if they know those 3.
>>
>>64333090
They absolutely do.

This kind of reasoning is pretty funny since the people who use it could easily do it themselves since they're there every weekday.
>>
>>64333026
Beach Boys, nope.

Brian Wilson, yes.
>>
>>64333090
i have bob dylan as my desktop background and my 24 year old roommate asked who it was and said he should cut his nails lol
>>
>>64328849
Purple Rain is better than Michael Jackson's entire discography.
>>
>>64333703
lol?
>>
>>64332642
He was literally the greatest guitarist of all time.
>>
>>64333738
no he wasn't you fucking stupid moron. that eric clapton quote was originally about Hendrix and Rory Gallagher and even that was made up. Fuck you prince wasn't even top 100 guitarists of all time
>>
>>64333769
you sound upset
>>
Are you trying to compare the two? Michael's ratio of good stuff to shit is way lower but Michael didn't have 39 albums or whatever, plus a vault. Michael had bigger hits but Prince's hits had more influence on people who make hits. Prince's guitar work and arrangements are more important than Michael's dancing, musically speaking. Really though, they're two different types of artists with different bodies of work. The only things they really have in common is that they're both black and could no wrong from 1980 to 1984 or so.
>>
File: 1457377245863.jpg (203 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1457377245863.jpg
203 KB, 1024x768
>>64333797
>posts counterargument
>lol u sound maed xD
>>
Literally the only thing they have in common is being black 80s pop stars. If anything Prince had more in common with Rick James, but even that comparison is off.
>>
>>64333961
I mean I still disagree, and my opinion isn't at all based on the Eric Clapton quote. I can understand why you would think some others are better, but at the least he's in the top 10 of all time.
>>
>>64333769
if youre basing your opinion on the validity on that quote you obviously dont know much. Fuck off and kill your self you dumb hipster
>>
File: 1461476407926.jpg (76 KB, 564x714) Image search: [Google]
1461476407926.jpg
76 KB, 564x714
>faggots saying David Bowie
>have never heard of Little Richard
>never heard of James Brown

You faggots are so shallow and pathetic
>>
Even when Prince was making lame smooth jazz-influenced pop R&B, he was cool. MJ went from playing stupid watered down pop-motown with his family, to making fantastic cinematic R&B in the early 80s, but past that point he was a creepy, pedophilic-sounding vapid pop singer. He was shit early on, he had an amazing era (vers Thriller), and then he became unbearably awful. Prince wins hands down.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.