[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"Better than the Beatles"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 500x500
Are they?
>>
File: 1461186805635.png (18 KB, 1138x99) Image search: [Google]
1461186805635.png
18 KB, 1138x99
>>
>>64259770
No, they are not.
>>
>>64259770
I hope people don't actually listen to The Shaggs. The concept of rhythm is foreign to them.
>>
>>64259770
Zappa was joking when he said that.
>>
>>64259900

I believe Zappa might have been in on it. If you listen to the Shaggs, it's bad in a really technical way, like only an expert at music could make music that bad.

If the backstory of The Shaggs is true, why wouldn't they just play really simple Wild Thing or Louie Louie type music? It's extremely complex and original. It isn't really derivative of anything

I just can't believe the official story of the Shaggs. I want to believe Zappa somehow made it happen. Listen to My Pal Foot Foot, it's basically a Zappa song as is
>>
The Shaggs ROCK! The only band that comes this close to their talent and innocence would be The Fugs!
>>
Yes

>>64259867
That's a good thing

>>64259900
He wasn't

>>64261786
>Fugs
>innocent
What?
>>
>>64259770
All it is is that they didn't know how to play their instruments. "Huurr so funnay they can't play." This is what passed for humor back then?
>>
they are not "good" but their songs actually have their own weird internal logic and they are really interesting to listen to
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.