[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Building a new Vaporwave Essentials Guide
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: op.png (370 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
op.png
370 KB, 500x500
> Essential (noun): a thing that is absolutely necessary, fundamental.

Sup /mu/

I'm building a new Vaporwave Essentials Guide, as a successor to the Ultra Guide released in 2014. ITT, I want to know your top favorite Vaporwave albums, specifically the ones that are not currently on the Ultra...
I'm combining a list of all the albums suggested to me so far on this Google Sheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aWkPAiUAhUCN93v3QN0SF5v9LpJKvv6pQTsJ4rgIxPY/
Note that I haven't filtered anything yet, this will come later. Right now I'm still categorizing albums into subgenres.
I have uploaded some of the already-suggested albums into my MEGA folder, and also my contact info just in case:
https://mega.nz/#F!a8MwlAgQ!jxwY_DvrnTNGNYXDQwuLjQ
>>
fuck you faggot
>>
>>64240437
You again?
Nice bump though.
>>
You are a retard.
>>
>vapormeme

Dude so epic!!!! lmao! japan aesthetics 1983 B O Y S post-post-post ironic suburban dreams

シュールレアリズムのビジョン[See The Dream]

Ironic Capitalist E-Asia Commerce Club 1969
>>
>>64240380
You don't really need to though, just get rid of the ones Dream Catalogue plugged into the last one. There isn't enough good vaporwave from 2015 or after to merit a top-down reconstruction anyway.
>>
i'm so glad this shitty genre is dead and /mu/ doesn't pretend to like it anymore
>>
>>64240596
Dream is great though. And I've seen some good releases from late 2014 and 2015, best example is ITLLT...

I want to make a new guide because I feel vaporwave has evolved beyond of the usual "slowed down 80s songs", and I want something to represent that.

>>64240666
You still have VW generals though... Pretty dead, yes. But they exist.
>>
>>64240666
lol what? /vwg/ is pretty buzzin senpai
>>
>>64240380
>hardvapour in the mega file

Just no, get that forced meme trash outta here

Otherwise quite good keep going famalam

What's the difference between the main folder and "Other Albums" though?
>>
>>64240841
VW was a meme when it started. I know a handful of HV albums that are quite listenable desu.
I didn't dedicate much space to it though, if you check the sheet you'll find only a small section for HV.

"Other Albums" are releases that have been excluded from the guide but are still there for everyone to download.
>>
File: trickle down.jpg (2 MB, 1352x1352) Image search: [Google]
trickle down.jpg
2 MB, 1352x1352
this is good
>>
>>64241204
Are you the same anon from >>64240417?
>>
>>64240980
But Hardvapor is dogshit and no one likes it except HKE and his drones.
>>
>>64241257
It's stylistically different than classic VW but believe me it has its crowd. And after yesterday's NTS show people are getting into it more.
>>
>>64241204
this is shit
>>
>I'm building a new Vaporwave Essentials Guide
These words have never not resulted in disaster
>>
>>64241833 (checked)
>These words have never not resulted in disaster
Only on 4chan.

You should have seen the last thread.
The Google Sheet I linked was open for anyone to edit back then, I posted a similar thread to this one and asked people to go add their own albums... You can guess what happened next.

Although I expected to find "fuck niggers" written all over the place instead of "fuck black people", I thought that was just petty... Anyway, I had a backup of the sheet beforehand and just imported that to fix the mess.
>>
>>64240380
https://soundcloud.com/spankmyfilth

my favorite vapewave
>>
File: a0893630110_10.jpg (104 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
a0893630110_10.jpg
104 KB, 1000x1000
I don't like his newest release but I think Strawberry Crime Scene's Music for Drowning should be on there, just for the fact Introducing an Idea seems to bum me out everything and just gets me in a depressing mood it's an interesting concept EP
>>
>>64241672
shitty? BEST VAPORWAVE EVER!
>>
>>64240980
hardvapor is literally borderline technogrind. this is the kind of shit that was circulated on netlabels in the mid 00's. I know this because before I torrented I downloaded free music from netlabels and a lot of it sounded like HV. it was shit then and it's shit now fampai.
>>
>>64241204
this is bad, stop posting your own music. it's not "new" or "unique" it's really, really boring.
>>
>>64242228
please see
>>64242347
>>
>>64242219
This sounds good, added.

>>64242327
>it was shit then and it's shit now fampai
Well give it a couple years and someone will make a groundbreaking album and redefine the genre, just like VW.
Either way, it's getting 10 entries max. Can't see how that will hurt.
>>
File: 46jeCMZ_nDvk.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
46jeCMZ_nDvk.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>64242172
Is that even vaporwave?
>>
>>64242719
It's not. That was a shitpost.
>>
>>64241204
I'M DANCING I'M DANCING I'M DAAAANCING
>>
>>64240547
think of something cooler
>>
Bump. we need another one of these
>>
>>64240380
ill check this out OP
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.