[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
help me get into Bob Dylan, Bjork and Tom Waits
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: bob-dylan-04.jpg (578 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
bob-dylan-04.jpg
578 KB, 1920x1080
help me get into Bob Dylan, Bjork and Tom Waits
>>
Bob Dylan - early stuff: listen to shit like Girl from the North Country and Corinna Corinna.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwtETip7Vo4

Not So Overplayed it's now Generic Protest Song Voice of a Generation Meme Songs

Then listen to Highway 61 and Blonde on Blonde.
>>
Start with hell be fine
>>
TOM WAITS

listen to rain dogs, blue valentine, swordfishtrombones. there's a starting point
>>
1997: The Dylan is still good meme comes true

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hO-83CIVKM
>>
Dont bother. they will all be dead soon.
>>
>>64238445
Tom Waits is immortal senpai. He's already lived for thousands of years
>>
>>64237775
You can't, you won't get them soon
>>
Closing Time is the perfect way to get into Tom Waits,a great debut album. Don't listen to the retards suggesting his circus music era.
>>
>>64238645
>don't listen to the music that ended up defining his style for the rest of his life

k
>>
Leonard Cohen & Neil Young. Do those & the rest will be less Canadian.
>>
Dylan - Bringing It All Back Home
Bjork - Post
Waits - Rain Dogs

Bringing It All Back Home should be the most entry-level Dylan album because it was the first one where he went electric, so you get a sense of both of his styles while he was in his prime.

People are going to say Homogenic for Bjork. While Homogenic is a better album you should listen to Post first for better context. Both are great regardless.

I don't think many are going to dispute starting with Rain Dogs.
>>
>>64237775
Start with Post, then Debut, then Homogenic, then Vespertine then the rest.
>>
>>64237775
The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan
Blood on the Tracks
Blonde on Blonde

>Girl from North Country - both versions
>Buckets of Rain
>Visions of Joanna
>Hurricane - highlights some of his storytelling sensibilities
>>
>>64237775
Just use roofies

Unless you mean at the same time. I don't think that's physical possible without killing 1-4 of you.
>>
The freewheeling dylan
Nighthawks at the dinner
Debut
>>
>>64237775
Don't listen to the chucklefucks that say Rain Dogs for Tom Waits, listen to Swordfishtrombone first because it's a better album on all fronts
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.