[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What age did you grow out of over-glorified nostalgia-driven
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Weezer_-_Blue_Album.jpg (128 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Weezer_-_Blue_Album.jpg
128 KB, 500x500
What age did you grow out of over-glorified nostalgia-driven indie rock, /mu/ ?
I'd say about 16.
>>
>>64228178
17, then I became a metalhead
>>
never really liked indie
>>
>>64228178
Yeah because mallcore is much more grown up
>>
Never listened to it. I began to listen to music at 24 with classic prog, so every time I listen to popular music, I feel as if the musicians were 70 or 80 years old in comparison.
>>
>>64228271
In the sense, they perform so slowly and lifelessly compared to what I'm used to.
>>
>>64228271
>>64228282
*tips fedora
>>
>>64228271
>I began to listen to music at 24
how and why please
>>
Harry go to bed
>>
>>64228309
Enjoy listening to your silence interrupted with occasional bits of music here and there.

>>64228338
Non-musical household, instinctive dislike of rhythm/beat/...-heavy 'music' I would hear from my neighbours (coming from my lack of autism -- in reality, I'm instinctively attracted to simplistic genres like jazz and rap, but that's another story), lack of friends to shape my taste, little cash to buy music (and too stupid to download them), emotional reservations leading to lack of curiosity & never looking out for music, circumstantial nerdiness in the sense of being interested in programming instead... They just combined.
>>
File: 1460922994577.jpg (36 KB, 346x406) Image search: [Google]
1460922994577.jpg
36 KB, 346x406
Growing out of music? If you liked something once, why would you suddenly stop?

You hipsters are trying too hard.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.