[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Albums with shitty mixing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: stereo-transi_03.jpg (235 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
stereo-transi_03.jpg
235 KB, 800x800
ITT: Albums with shitty mixing
>>
>>64221954
this album would be so good with better mixing
>>
what's wrong with the mixing?
>>
>>
File: DG.jpg (51 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
DG.jpg
51 KB, 500x500
>>
>>64222027
Instruments are really muddy and undefined throughout, and the vocals are either buried underneath it or make the instrument tracks quieter whenever they come in. Example of the latter (go to 1:36 if the timestamp doesn't work): https://youtu.be/tnn4HsnbTjw?t=1m36s
>>
>>64222041
Thank God the mixing on Hot Head sounds so good
>>
File: The_Fall_-_Hex_Enduction_Hour.jpg (103 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
The_Fall_-_Hex_Enduction_Hour.jpg
103 KB, 400x400
>>64222092
fuck i knew exactly what part you were going to post before i watched the video. Still a great album tho

The mixing on this album is p bad, though it kind of adds to the appeal
>>
>>64222092
wow that's bad. i would rather the vocals just stay low in the mix than that bizness. i also notice the guitars sound really buzzy in an unpleasant way
>>
>>64222092
damn i was really not expecting it to be that bad.
>>
>>64222163
the dueling drumkits
>>
>>64222041
>tfw we heard Why a bitch gotta lie for the first time in that practice video they uploaded
>sounded fucking massive
>dat first fill before the main riff comes in
>dat groove
>press play on the track for the first time
>they fucking replaced the drum fill with some soft little tones instead
I WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND WHY THEY DID THIS
>>
>>64221954
>>64222092
>>64222171
>>64222280
plens
>>
>>64222092
It's really subtle, but in that example the instrumental parts slightly pan to the left as they get quieter, and there's a slight change in timbre as well. It kind of gives an image of the band playing live, and suddenly the stage rotates to the left, but the vocals come out of a PA right in front of you. I mean I was pretty high when I noticed this, but it was probably on purpose, their name is "Stereolab" after all.
>>
>>64222092
is this on purpose? there's no way they didn't catch this
>>
>>64222092
>>64222171
The instruments are well defined, it's just that it's an album consisting of dense layers of analog electronics and guitars, by a band that doesn't really care about their digital mixes. It might be willfully ugly but it's all intentional.
>>
>>64223225
this
>>
File: Cover.jpg (22 KB, 299x300) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
22 KB, 299x300
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.