[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What killed this place?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 6
File: old mu.png (664 KB, 800x482) Image search: [Google]
old mu.png
664 KB, 800x482
What killed this place?
>>
>>64218038
irony
>>
the ones on the left still get posted more
>>
bring back burzum itll fix everything
>>
>>64218038

>Implying old /mu/ core and my taste>your taste is better than today.

Still I miss sharetheads and kpop is cancer.
>>
Fantano, Swans and Ye are vintage /mu/
Marcel, Grimes and Scaruffi are cancer
>>
>>64218102
Kill the "Fanboy and Chum Chum XDDDDD" meme
itll fix everything
>>
>>64218038
Stop pretending that Aldean is a meme any more Aaron
>>
>>64218038
reddit
>>
>>64218122
>i dont know anything about old /mu/: the post
>>
Fanboy and Chum Chum killed /mu/
>>
>scaruffi
>old /mu/
fuck off
>>
>>64218270
You are going to get so bored of spamming this
>>
>>64218270
true most of the underage memes are awful but that one is probably the most forced thing in a long time
>>
>>64218038
Hows Kanye and Swans neo /mu/?
They been talking about them.
>>
Fuck how could it get so much worse? Why am I still here?
>>
P4K decided in the early part of the decade that they were going to stop giving a shit about unknown dance-punk and guitar-driven indie rock acts and just hype nigger music endlessly, with BNM given to the occasional meme act like Swans or Sun Kil Moon.

Probably 2/3rds of /mu/ are people too dumb to think for themselves and who just want to fit in, so they like whatever P4K tells them to.

t. butthurt late 2000s-era hipster
>>
If /mu/ was on any other website it could be half decent, but /mu/ cannot exist without the 4chan A S S D E A D D I C K
>>
Am I the only one still around since power metal was the most discussed genre?
>>
>>64218408
what time period was this?

fuck I'd much rather have that /mu/ than current /mu/ and I'm not even a metalfag
>>
Replacing >dadrock with kpop was a mistake
>>
>>64218326
neo /mu/ is post 2010 /mu/
nobody really talked about kanye, or really most rap at all, until MBDTF came out. 90% of /mu/ wouldn't care about swans if not for pitchfork and the reunion.
>>
>>64218439
I think 2004 until around 2008.
>>
>>64218439
Right? At least that was a discussion about music, instead of just endless memes that this board has become
>>
>>64218038
>implying spiderland lysf and loveless aren't still some of the most talked about albums here
>implying nmh radiohead and ajj are actually good
>>
neo /mu/ is made up of kids who were born in 1998 or '99. It's weird you're 32 and started posting on 4chan in 2004 because it was simpler to use than something awful, which was a good site during the time and I still lurk sometimes.

I just blame young kids, but it was inevitable.

also WHY DON'T YOU KIDS LIKE TOOL????????????????
>>
>>64218408
I've been lurking since 2006 and don't remember power metal ever being big on here. It was mostly black and death metal, prog, and some noise/experimental shit.
>>
File: neo mu-tan.jpg (90 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
neo mu-tan.jpg
90 KB, 1000x1000
>>64218566
/mu/ did not exist in 2004

>>64218907
pic related it's neo /mu/
>>
>>64218976
DRAGON FORCEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>64218085
exactly
>>
File: 256362534.jpg (95 KB, 500x529) Image search: [Google]
256362534.jpg
95 KB, 500x529
>>64219050
>>
scruffi is debateably neo/mu/ and id even consider his beatles pasta the dawn of a new era in /mu/.
>>
It was dead the moment it was created. The idea of having a music board on a Vietnamese puppet show website is just stupid.
>>
>>64218115
What do you mean you miss sharethreads
>>
File: 1432973566104486.jpg (26 KB, 301x285) Image search: [Google]
1432973566104486.jpg
26 KB, 301x285
does anyone have that old pic of all the tripfags that used to post here?
>>
>>64219213
Literally who
>>
>>64219252
Do you live under a rock
>>
>>64219301
no i prefer hip-hop
>>
Swans is overrated
>>
>>64219603
Their only interesting and unique stuffs are Filth and Public Castration. Everything else is not very ear provoking. Not bad but not exceptionally awesome either
>>
>>64219659
>Filth
>not Cop
mark or the pleb
>>
>>64218263
If by old /mu/ you mean pre-MBDTF they still talked about Kanye a lot, and Swans were also talked about, Soundtracks has been well liked forever
>>
>>64219709
People only started liking and talking about Swans when My Father's Rope Used to Hang Himself in Heaven came out.
>>
>>64219659
>>64219674
No-wave is just pretentious anti-yuppie wankery in general.
>>
>>64218038
Aaron probably fucked up /mu/ and the Montie/Analyst duo brought it to /s4s/ tiers of shitposting
>>
File: 1458872791026.jpg (155 KB, 699x720) Image search: [Google]
1458872791026.jpg
155 KB, 699x720
Anti intellectualism killed /mu/
>>
Vaporwave

Once that meme caught on it was over.
>>
What album is in the bottom left of "old /mu/"? I have listened to all of them except that.
>>
>>64221282
It says burzum on the cover dude I'm sure you could figure it out from there
>>
>>64221282
Burzum - Filosofem
>>
>>64218038
>implying the albums on the left aren't praised to this day
>implying those men on the top left are any more worth than those on the right
>implying those 9 albums on the right are discussed more frequently than any on the left, even by memeing standards
>facebook
try harder
>>
mu isn't a tornado. We get tired of the same thing, people die, they can't talk about the same albums forever. Black people are slaves, now they're having a field day and trying to distinguish their race from others (which is racist childish stupid).... things change.
>>
>>64221496
>mu isn't a tornado. We get tired of the same thing, people die, they can't talk about the same albums forever. Black people are slaves, now they're having a field day and trying to distinguish their race from others (which is racist childish stupid).... things change.

what did he mean by this?
>>
>>64218038
CLT's departure
Abgin's departure
Hampus' "departure"
Appearance of Aaron, Montie, Sal, proge man in the recent history.

Everything has been going to shit ever Hospice leaked. I mean there is a need of creating a music discussion general for fucks sake to avoid all the dumb memes and even that thread is getting contaminated with newfags.

I felt like unty could do something with his shitposting but he is too autistic and turns everything into his autism blog.
>>
>>64219123
They used to have things you'd actually want in them.
>>
>>64221963
I still find a few good things among the bad
>>
>>64218270
literal who's
>>
>>64218038
Christgau, Scaruffi, Fantano, and Marcel are all hacks who know nothing about music.
>>
>>64218080
first post best post

an infatuation with irony/satire and aesthetics did
>>
>>64221583
Proge man appeared like two weeks ago. I remember when he went on about proge while still anonymous is 5x5 threads. He doesn't contribute to discussion but he's hardly changed anything.

DJ Aaron Ellis and Montie have definitely changed the culture though, yeah. But who's Sal?

Hospice and MPP and MBDTF are pretty much classic /mu/ for all intents and purposes. I'd put the real downfall as late 2012 and early 2013 with the rise of Fantano and all those Death Grips args, not to mention releases like RAM and Yeezus which tore this place apart.
>>
Pitchfork killed /mu/.
>>
>>64219082
I'll never get tired of this one

>tfw occasionally listen to Dragonforce unironically
>>
>>64221983
but they now feel forced, and the thrill of the sharethreads was that they weren't archived, so if you found something really good in one it was a literal gem
>>
>>64218038
Shit posting in anime.

I swear this board used to be one of the more civil ones. Now there's so much weeb shit, irony/pot-irony, and circle jerking that I'm not sure if anyone on here even likes music
>>
>>64218038
Music
>>
Fuck this place

Thank you for making me interested in music and leading me to find some good albums

But lately you have been completely shit and not fun

I can't leave though. Fuck

I hate this board
>>
>>64222513
I've felt the same way since I started coming here about 6 months ago
>>
Nothing, and if you've been here long enough you probably know that it rolls in and out like the tide. Some memes come and go, some trips leave and new ones come to shit the place up, but it's been the same basic shit for ages. Once in a while you'll get a quality music discussion, be turned on to a new artist, have a laugh or whatever, but to get that you wade through the other 90% which is utter trash.

People acting like this place used to be all that different weren't here for it.
>>
threads like these
>>
>>64221496
know it's corny bitches you wish you could unfollow
I know it's corny niggas you wish you could unswallow
I know it's corny bitches you wish you could unfollow
I know it's corny bitches you wish you could unfollow
>>
>>64218519
The Minds Eye, turntablist, Biggums, AreYouInsanity, Cooltop did
>>
The L I T E R A L only difference between old and neo /mu/ is the main genre has been changed from indie/metal to rap.
>>
>>64222068
this
>>
CooItop left
>>
>>64218038
Protip: Scaruffi likes MBDTF
>>
>>64218038
On the bright side we got rid of Christgau.
>>
File: filthy casuals.png (79 KB, 294x312) Image search: [Google]
filthy casuals.png
79 KB, 294x312
>>64218038
>removing SirAlecHendrix
>>
tripfags
>>
>>64219603
>>64219659
Bait hasn't been this bad in a while
>>
>>64219480
underrated
>>
>>64221131
>Analyst
Really cheesed off because the awesome guys in /NIN/ nicknamed me The Analyst waaaay before the trip dude started using it. I never assigned a trip to it, which is why that happened.
>>
>>64218340
THIS
>>
>>64218038
There is literally nothing wrong with Niggas on the Moon.
>>
Shitposting killed /mu/, nobody here is even remotely interested in discussing music so they just turn to shitposting, memes are forced all the time, trips endlessly shitposting and again since people aren't interested in music that much they eat it up.

At this point Hiro should really just nuke this board and bring it back in like 2 or 3 years, not even joking.

Also I don't get the hate for kpop threads, they keep it to one single thread and don't shitpost anywhere else, they're the easiest ones to blame though so i think that's why everyone goes after them.
>>
>>64218340
Seriously man, have you seen last fm threads? On a good day maybe 1 person there has ok taste.
>>
>>64225179
Agreed. and To be Kind is also solid.
>>
>>64218038
Reddit and Tumblr Invasion. Lack of people actually interested in music and ironic shit posting (people here like meme rap unironicall)
>>
>>64218986
Wow nice drawing skillz faggot
>>
>>64225960
>(people here like meme rap unironicall)

White America will get over their white guilt soon
>>
I honestly miss old /mu/ taste. It was more homely
>>
>>64225475
the kpop hate comes mostly from the change they brought with them

people came here and now we have more waifu threads than ever, and kpop provided the general thread setup we are now plagued with and its boring desu

im projecting my view a bit obviously, but its a sentiment ive seen people express other times as well
>>
>>64218038
Post-ironic memes like the terms "sporkcore", "redditcore", and "poseurcore".

I know there's some people who are only shitposting, but a lot of them take this shit seriously, and think memes should dictate peoples' music taste.

Basically, if it's accessible or well known on /mu/ or RYM, it's pleb.
On the other hand, if it's abrasive or not well known, it's poseurcore.

>>64225475
Also, this
>>
>>64221583
This. Hospice was the worst thing that happened to this board, along with MBDTF 10.
>>
/memetal/ will save /mu/
>>
>>64227897
Not when djentshitter and riff vs atmo faggots are killing it
>>
Three things:

1. Cancerous threads like shitty generals and spreading memes outside of here, like on Facebook. Only /mu/ and /b/ memes can be seen outside of here, other boards don't have shat-up culture.

2. Dumb-o tripfags. They were called tripfriends once because they produced lots of cool OC, now their names are derived from their reddit accounts, they make threads about themselves, post their photos like they're on /soc/, etc. ...

3. This stupid attitude people have now, which is I guess the consequence of a tumblr/reddit invasion because of vaporwave.
Old /mu/ was hippy liberal, as in sex, black humor and rock. Now it's this sort of:
>You can't like Burzum because, uuuh, they don't really like black people, man. Also, this new Young Thug mixtape is better than Bach. Also go back to /pol/ because, um, let me post this avant-meme. Long fanboi chum, LOL!
>>
>>64230218
Agree with all of that except /generals/ because they are often the only place you can get past ''the list goes on....'' artists.
>>
>>64219175
Hamfist was just a sociopath, but less functional.
>>
>>64230218
Generals are still good and right now there is an amazing thread on /mu/ about folk from all around the world. I have also seen japanese prog threads or mathrock threads. Not everything here ist just GY!BE and swans. To make this board better start threads yourself. /mu/ is without any irony still the most fun music board but only 5% of it. You have to filter theough crap
>>
>old /mu/ didn't listen to music that hadn't been released yer
>>
Tapmusic threads.
>>
>>64218038
The eternal Normalfag
>>
>>64218038
memes.

Stop memeing and discuss music.
>>
>>64218038

people taking memes seriously, /mu/ has like 30 mlp equivalents (death grips, grimes, kanye, vapewave, etc)
>>
>>64218140
What started that meme
>>
>>64218038
Shittier taste in hip hop. Kanye and Kendrick are ok but Madvillain and Deltron 3030 are more patrician.
>>
>>64218038
RIL > ITCOTCK > Spiderland > TBK > Kid A > MPP > The Rest.
>>
>>64218340
Ah, see OP? Posts like this show /mu/'s always been shit in the first place
>>
>>64231617
Yea only discussing other non meme artists, thus turning them into memes is the fucking way to go
>>
>>64233269

Artist becoming an inside meme =/= meme artist.
>>
>akb48 replace with kpoop was a mistake
>>
>>64218038
What's in the middle on the right?
>>
>>64218038
Both sides of that chart are tired as fuck, the right side just makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit more.
>>
>>64219175
anyone got a rare Hampus?
Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.