[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/poseur/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7
File: poseurcore.png (3 MB, 1588x1857) Image search: [Google]
poseurcore.png
3 MB, 1588x1857
Are you a poseur? Compare this chart to your favorites.

Poseurs are some of the worst posters on /mu/, often conglomerating in /daily/ and /RYM/, circlejerking about their "great, obscure, and unique taste" that everyone who has browsed /mu/ for five minutes knows about. They lack the musical intelligence to appreciate this music, yet pretend to like it in order to posture as an intelligent and enlightened listener because they like edgelord garbage like Whitehouse. Even worse is that they often shit on people for being "drones" for genuinely enjoying /mu/core when they themselves are drones of RYM tastemakers a la AntiWarhol.

The most egregious poseur artists are Comus, Coil, Les Rallizes Denudes (probably the worst offender), This Heat, and Albert Aayler. If you are a poseur, shame on you. Leave /mu/ for RYM where you can circlejerk in peace, or be honest with yourself and like /mu/core instead of pretending to like the sound of gay Japanese men scream into a microphone.
>>
File: mamimirender.png (388 KB, 1496x1200) Image search: [Google]
mamimirender.png
388 KB, 1496x1200
lemme check...

yep, still a poseur

thanks for reminding me op
>>
Add Talk Talk and Suicide
>>
>>64187779
Boy I sure hope you aren't implying all this music is bad and are just using it to call out the behavior of a certain group.
>>
File: primitive_star.png (403 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
primitive_star.png
403 KB, 512x512
sruesop 2 sah dnab<
>>
File: dudeposeurlmao.png (62 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
dudeposeurlmao.png
62 KB, 800x800
>meme has one poster
>>
>>64188027
It is all bad. Try listening to some actual classics, like Radiohead, Neutral Milk Hotel, or Godspeed You Black Emperor.
>>
People will pretend to like things as long as they are seen as more cultured or intelligent for it.

Are they ever?

No.

Are the people who seriously enjoy this music any more cultured or intelligent than the rest?

No.

Putting your identity and self worth into these social constructs will only make you bitter lonely and distant.

Enjoy what you enjoy, but don't assume you are somehow better than anyone else for it, or they worse than you.
>>
File: health_inspector.png (359 KB, 512x412) Image search: [Google]
health_inspector.png
359 KB, 512x412
>>64188290
setsat ym rof lartuen oot si klim eht wfm<
>>
>>64187779
so if I like Boris and Death In June I'm a poser? why?
>>
>>64188027
he said musical intelligence is required to really appreciate this music for what it is, so he implies it's in fact very good music. it is just misused as a way for poseurs to appear mysterious and edgy by pretending to like said music despite not actually enjoying or understanding it
>>
u got me fucked up with shitting on moondog, consequences will never be the same
>>
Yes, I am.
>>
There's things on that list I thoroughly enjoy that I found on my own though
>>
Hanatarash is my favorite noise artist so I guess so
>>
I've notice traditional music listeners act often poseur and elitist so add them on there
>>
>>64190967
Elitism is the only thing that can make /mu/ great again.
>>
>>64190967

There are multiple poseur folk albums there, like Incredible String Band, Sacred Music of the Aztecs, Peruvian Harp and Mandolin, and John Fahey.
>>
>>64187779
My normie friends love John Fahey so I don't know what he's doing there
>>
>>64191240

Everyone in /daily/ sucks his dick and claim him one of the best of all time without explaining why.
>>
>>64187779
You're delusional as fuck bro
>implying great obscure and unique taste isnt said for jokes by the group
People listen to it because they simply like it, it's interesting or pleasant to the ear. I mean if you don't like it, ok noone genuinely forces you to. But people legitimately like this

Clearly a description of surface m8
>>
>>64191266
But did the normie friends explain they liked fahey either?
See anon it is basically that people just enjoy music whether from daily or other group
Also if you asked why they like fahey they would give you at least an average answer
Most people can't put words the way they want
>>
>>64191419

That's fine, but /daily/ likes to think of themselves as enlightened listeners when the average Berklee alumni could tell you everything great about Fahey after listening to one song he wrote.
>>
>>64191456
The enlightened listener thing is a ruse. Trust me, noone genuinely thinks that, they're mocking themselves (and the rest of mu at the same time, as mu is also all about 'hey look!!! I like this so my taste is better than yours' 'no yours is shit and mine is better than any of you')
>>
>>64191456
I regularly visit /daily/ and let me tell you, it's literally just a place to chill out and get into a rhythm you might have dropped out of.
>>
>>64191456
Daily is actually a friendly place with various people of various levels in how experienced in music they are and their writing level definitely varies, think it more of a trying than show off place, really
>>
>>64191456
It's just banter dude. No one really cares if you like Aldean or blink-182.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 1485x950) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 1485x950
Mine looks nothing like that but I'm still a poseur.
>>
there's some genuinely good albums, but it's mostly try-hard garbage
>>
>>64191696
good taste

nice to see someone actually enjoying music
>>
>>64191456
someone had to be seriously delusional to think this was true

like just go to /daily/ nobody gives a flying fuck, literally an ironic meme hell
>>
>>64188213
Im glad you're still posting
>>
>>64191696
Are you sure this isn't the /mu/-core chart? :^)
>>
>>64191816
awww much obliged <3
>>
File: 48b4d82e8974820147d8ab8f019254e8.png (629 KB, 1680x1010) Image search: [Google]
48b4d82e8974820147d8ab8f019254e8.png
629 KB, 1680x1010
>>64187779
I highly recommend you guys use this, this meme actually created a really great chart for reference.
>>
>>64187779
When will the copypasta end?
>>
>>64191696
smells like indieheads
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.