[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Porches
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: Porches-Pool.jpg (72 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
Porches-Pool.jpg
72 KB, 1500x1500
what is the opinion of this album?

I like it, i'd give it a 7,5/10
>>
File: 1457937139967.jpg (224 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
1457937139967.jpg
224 KB, 1200x1200
It's just a little weak but if you're in the right mood it's pretty OK
>>
>>64165032
It reminds me of these two
>>
File: dvsn-sept-5th-album-cover-art.jpg (50 KB, 625x625) Image search: [Google]
dvsn-sept-5th-album-cover-art.jpg
50 KB, 625x625
and what about this album?
>>
>>64165245
It sounds like shit
>>

There's a lot I love about Pools. The production on "Be Apart" makes for a highly danceable bass-y wub pop that could have anyone dancing to the depressive lyrics in their room alone. The "Mood" is appropraitely titled, and with the lamenting production to back it up with a delightful 80's pop nostalgic feel that comes off like a 1980's girls choose prom at the slow dance part. In fact the production appeared to be the highlight on most of this album, oscillating between dancy ethereal wave-inspired pop and minimal chillwave. But there's one thing that really destroys the quality of the record for me. The vocals. Aaron should have definitely hired another singer, because on just about every single, he is so flat it makes it hard to enjoy the production. His intonation is plain and boring, and even the more energetic parts seemed forced. 'Tis a shame, it could've been a winner.
>>
>>64165245
Eh this album's been getting a lot of hype but I'm not sold on it yet. It's got that eclectic sexual vibe going for it, but the production is pretty dicey. I'll give it another listen before I have more thoughts on it
>>
>>64165245
it wasn't as good as I was hoping, but still alright 6.5/10
>>
>>64164714
the first notes the singer hits on the opening song made me cream no lie
>>
>>64164714
I gave it an 8. For one the aesthetic of the album is perfectly encapsulated by it's sound, and in a world of tired synth-pop pastiches this album actually seems to have it's own distinct character. It's definitely on the more introspective side of 2010s synth records, much like Kaputt, however parts of it have a very unique melodic minimalism which at every turn on the album tends to stop it from lapsing into boredom. The songs are extremely catchy too, and the vocal performances are on point.
>>
>>64167088
Could you please suggest more like this?
>>
>>64167332
Try
Toro Y Moi, anything from CoT to Anything
JJ - N0 2
apart from that off the top of my head I can't think of that much like it - I'm sure there is of course, you may just have to look at some of their contemporaries.
>>
>>64167332
kisses is the most obvs comparison. their first sull length is a perfect summer record.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.