[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>DOOOOOON'T FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: cover.png (620 KB, 498x498) Image search: [Google]
cover.png
620 KB, 498x498
>DOOOOOON'T FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALL
>>
IT'S JUST A TRICK OF THE LIGHT
>>
THERE MUST BE SOMETHING WROOOONG BOYS
>>
way better than What Does Anything
>>
>NO WONDER I FEEL LIKE I'M FLOATING ON AIR
>EVERYWHERE
>FEELS LIKE I'M EVERYWHERE
>>
>>64163197
Script, What and Strange Times are all 10/10, m8.
>>
>>64163197
That album sounds more cohesive but Script's got a lot more variety though. It was the stepping stone from there early more punk-driven days.
>>
>>64163225
Pretty much. Why aren't The Chameleons regarded as the GOAT Post-Punk band?
>>
HE'S COMING AFTER YOU MY FRIEND
>>
>>64163258
>Why aren't The Chameleons regarded as the GOAT Post-Punk band?

Because they pretty much are to anyone that's listened to post-punk other than Joy Division?
>>
BECK BECK BECK AND CALL
THESE CHILDREN HAVE NOTHING AT ALL
>>
>>64163294
I know that, but I can't understand why they aren't considered at least on a par to the likes of JD and The Cure by the general populace. Is it because their album covers don't look good on t-shirts?
>>
File: 849841961.jpg (65 KB, 770x514) Image search: [Google]
849841961.jpg
65 KB, 770x514
What are your top 5 tracks, lads?

>1. Swamp Thing
>2. Less Than Human
>3. Don't Fall
>4. Paradiso
>5. The Healer
>>
I recently listened to this and loved it, but the lyrics were a bit hard to catch (English isn't my native language). Are they worth reading/deciphering?
>>
>>64163347
Honestly, it probably were just the shitty covers. Although I'd argue Script of the Bridge works in a bizarre and unsettling way and What Does Anything Mean? Basically just looks cool by being a bit intimidating. Everything else looked fucking bonkers and ridiculous.
The Chameleons fit right in with other popular contemporary bands like Echo & the Bunnymen and such.
>>
>>64163468
I'd say go for it, they aren't super cryptic, so you'll probably get what Mark is getting at.
>>
>>64163347
Honestly, I can't say for certain.

It is quite odd that their first two albums (and I think the Peel sessions,Tony Fletcher EP, and demos too) were remastered recently yet p4k never bothered to review them.

>>64163468
You'll have to look at the internet archive's copy of their website because for some reason they removed the lyrics and the singer's stories behind the lyrics.

http://web.archive.org/web/20130724052221/http://www.thechameleons.com/lyrics/
>>
>>64163208
best chameleons songs
>>
File: Folk2.jpg (70 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
Folk2.jpg
70 KB, 720x540
>>64163436
>1. Intrigue in Tangiers
>2. Second Skin
>3. Tears
>4. On the Beach
>5. Swamp Thing
>>
the chameleons are fucking terrible

why are you all so tasteless, lmao
>>
>>64163436
1 Second Skin
2 Soul in Isolation
3 The Healer
4 Swamp Thing
5 Tears
>>
>>64163706
fuck off olly
>>
>>64163706
kys
>>
File: ScriptoftheBridgeFeel.png (31 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
ScriptoftheBridgeFeel.png
31 KB, 645x773
>>
>>64163585
Thanks!
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.