[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
we can all agree that nico ruined this album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 4
File: Velvet_Underground_and_Nico.jpg (9 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
Velvet_Underground_and_Nico.jpg
9 KB, 350x350
we can all agree that nico ruined this album?
>>
For this to be true, you would have to imply that the album had any potential to begin with.
>>
But she made it better
>>
I wouldn't say ruined. I'd say her contribution made it uneven.
>>
>>64150233
all the songs except the ones that nico sang are great
>>
she was good on every other song except for Femme Fatale, fuck that song
>>
lou rawls made it great
>>
The Velvet Underground ruined the album
>>
>>64150319
The album ruined The Velvet Underground.
>>
The Velvet Underground albumed this ruin
>>
What a clon

But seriously, I think she does fine. All Tomorrow's Parties in particular's pretty good but her other songs are good too, definitely better than Run Run Run or Waiting For The Man at a bare minimum, which too are good songs but hey, something's gotta be at the bottom.
>>
She's only on 3 tracks. Hardly ruins it.
>>
Warhol is the one who insisted she be on it, none of the band members wanted her to.
>>
>>64150979
>Run Run Run
>Waiting for the Man
>bottom tracks

Fucking degenerate
>>
>>64151267

They're still like 7/10 songs. This album's pretty damn good on the whole, man.
>>
Is I'll Be Your Mirror anyone else's favorite track?
>>
>>64150979
I'm Waiting for the Man is one of their best songs.
>>
>>64151303
Femme Fatale and I'll be your Mirror are objectively worse than Waiting for my Man, and objectively a lot worse than Run Run Run
>>
>>64151356
>>64151360

To each their own. I think it's all good regardless so whatever, I'm not bent out of shape over dissenting opinions. At the end of the day I just like those songs a little less than the others.
>>
>>64151332
yep
>>
This is now a track rating thread

Heroin > Venus in Furs > Black Angel's Death Song > I'm Waiting for the Man > Sunday Morning > All Tomorrow's Parties > Run Run Run > European Son > I'll be your Mirror > There She goes Again > Femme Fatale
>>
>>64151519
That's pretty accurate to how i'd rate it.
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 750x1334
>>64151519
Anyone else hear dylan in black Angels death song? I know he influenced lou a lot, but it really shines through on this song for me
>>
>>64151519

1. Heroin
2. Venus In Furs
3. Black Angel's Death Song
4. European Son
5. All Tomorrow's Parties
6. Sunday Morning
7. I'll Be Your Mirror
8. There She Goes Again
9. Femme Fatale
10. Run Run Run
11. Waiting for the Man
>>
>>64150293
This exactly. I'll be your mirror is one of the most beautiful songs in existence, and all tomorrow's parties is a proto-drone masterpiece. but femme fatale is really bad. lou reed's vocals are really flimsy and shitty on the song, and the viola, or whatever it is, in the background doesn't match up with what nico is singing whatsoever; it's ridiculously dissonant to the point that it's unlistenable
>>
>>64151519
Shit, that's exactly how I'd rate it.
>>
>>64151519
Heroin > I'll be your mirror > Sunday Morning > There she goes again > I'm waiting for the man >run run run > All tomorrow's parties > European son > Black Angel's Death song > femme fatale
>>
>>64151853
This is how I would have rated it on my 1st listen I think
Not to say it's a bad rating, but European Son,Black Angel and all tomorrow's parties definitely had to grow on me
>>
>>64151519
venus in furs > all tomorrows parties > heroin > sunday morning > im waiting for the man > there she goes again > run run run > ill be your mirror > european son > femme fatale > black angels death song
>>
I only really listened to this album because I heard is has some influence on shoegaze, which I love. I don't really like it other than the Nico tracks and Venus in Furs.
>>
Lou Reed ruined it in my opinion, he sounds like a fucking jackass
>>
>>64154020
well he is a jackass
>>
>>64154043
was ):
>>
Warhol ruined it. They got better after they fired him.
>>
the fact that femme fetale is /mu/'s least favourite vu&n song just proves the fact that it's a misogynistic board. can't agree with lauren anymore
>>
>>64150113

OP confirmed Klaun
>>
>>64155107
its bad and im a girl
>>
... femme fatale is one of my favorite songs on the album
>>
>>64155417
Same senpai
these guys are just a bunch of plebs
>>
File: Breathless-Screenshot-01.jpg (33 KB, 470x263) Image search: [Google]
Breathless-Screenshot-01.jpg
33 KB, 470x263
does anyone else mentally associate this album with godard's breathless?

i'm not sure how or when it happened
i guess 60s and pop art/pop culture but ......
>>
Nico's a bitch though.
>>
>>64155477
She's a femme fatale, desu
>>
>>64151734
I love femme fatale, pre sure it was andy warholes favourite vu song to.
>>
I like Femme Fatale but agree it's probably the weakest on the album. It's one of those albums where my least favorite songs eventually became my favorite after many listens.
>>
>>64155496
No she's just a bitch, it's a well known fact too.
>>
>>64155629
Yeah but Lou is a bitch also. Heroin addict hipsters aren't the nicest people.
>>
>>64155629
Well she's also dead, it's a well known fact. The band didn't even want her either, Warhol just had a weird hardon for her (he was gay, right?) for whatever reason.
>>
>>64150290
>All Tomorrow's Parties isn't great

ok kid
>>
I'm not a huge Nico fan, and I think the album would've been just as good without her songs, but All Tomorrow's Parties is actually a pretty good song.
>>
>>64155379
tits or gtfo
>>
>>64151853
Where's Venus in furs?
>>
I don't want to be that guy that listens to popular beloved albums I don't like until I "get" it. Do they have a more accessible album if I didn't like Banana?
>>
I think Nico's songs are great. I think Lou Reed's songs are great too. I have nothing negative to say about this album. It's 10/10 for me.
>>
>>64156185
u first bb
>>
>>64151360

How could anything be worse than Run Run Run? That song is ass
>>
>>64156240
same
>>
No.
>>
File: Dr._John_Twinkletits.jpg (25 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
Dr._John_Twinkletits.jpg
25 KB, 500x282
>>64150113
>>
>>64151162
And it was a good idea honestly. It's John who had the bad idea of playing with the Velvet to begin with.
>>
I fucking hate all of you please off yourselves
>>
>>64151360
run run run is literally dogshit. it's like two chords and the attempted harmony sounds like shit.

I'm waiting for my man, however, is the fucking bomb. but it's as good as I'll be your mirror imo, they're both incredible for different reasons.
>>
Is wrong to say that I prefer Run Run Run and Femme Fatale than European Son?
>>
Is there any member of the band that wasn't fucking Nico? She literally fucked everyone she met. Hell even Moe Tucker was probably hitting that at some point.
>>
>>64151609
Yeah I definitely detect it too
>>
I really like everyone of Nico's songs on this album. OP is LITERALLY a clon
>>
>>64150979
but Waiting for the Man is the best song
>>
>>64156219
Loaded and the self-titled.

But White Light/White Heat is their best album
>>
which version of the lp is better, mono or stereo? i want to hear it for the first time and don't know what would be better.
>>
tfw no one likes run run run but you
>>
>>64150293
Pleb
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.