[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post yfw hip hop is bigger than rock >rock >born early
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: young-thug-no-problem-0.jpg (101 KB, 854x784) Image search: [Google]
young-thug-no-problem-0.jpg
101 KB, 854x784
Post yfw hip hop is bigger than rock

>rock
>born early 60s - died mid 90s (age 35)

>hip hop
>born early 80s - still alive more than ever (age 35)
>>
>hiphop fags care about what's "big"
If k-pop blew up I bet you'd listen it
>>
Hip-hop will die in 2017, screencap this
>>
>>64138470
>>
>>64138514
Why does this matter?
>>
>>64138385
Hip hop was born in 1973, you pleb.
>>
>>64138385
hip-hop is shit music for plebs with no taste though. there are only a few artists/acts in the genre with any talent or knowledge of theory that put out interesting music.
>>
>>64138385
>1910: music started
>>
>>64138503
lol well it's 2016 so, alot will have to happen within that time m8
>>
>>64138385
who cares
>>
File: wRE6tEt - Imgur.png (210 KB, 300x585) Image search: [Google]
wRE6tEt - Imgur.png
210 KB, 300x585
>>64138575
bait
>>
Hip Hop is already dead lmao
Only underage plebs still care about it
>>
what will kill rap? what genre will begin to sprout in a few years?
kinda exciting to think about
>>
>rock started in the early 60s

Ya know that the Beatles didn't invent rock right?

And hip hop has not experienced as much main stream popularity as rock.

And rock is still very much alive.
>>
>>64138864
Frank Ocean is a fucking shit musician though.
>>
>>64138979
rock is dead m8.
go listen to your maroon 5 and imagine dragons ;)
>>
>>64138968
based on current trends probably rock in the vain of Everything Everything
>>
Honestly rock died at 40 (1951-1991). And hip hop will die at 40 too (1979-2019). Right now hip hop is going through its hair metal and synthpop / queer / young romantic phase with rappers like drake future thug and on the other side bobby shmurda and idk that much about rap but maybe someone like chiefkeef. The new form of music will be something no one here could possibly see coming. I intend to invent it and make millions.
>>
>>64139120
>The new form of music will be something no one here could possibly see coming
I know zip/zilch/nada about music theory but I'm 99% certain there can't be another umbrella genre like rock or rap. Just another branch off of it.

Like I said, if anything, we'll see some real transcendent futuristic pop in the near future, kind of a blend of indie rock/K-pop/synthpop/trap.
>>
if hop hip were to fall out of the mainstream it would probably get like 10000000000000x better, more genuine
>>
>>64139015
first of all you said it died in the mid-90s so you are excluding.

>Radiohead
>The Mars Volta
>Tame Impala
>PJ Harvey
>Queens of the stonage
>Arcade fire
>Interpol
>The white stripes
>Late swans
>Godspeed You! Black Emperor

All of which are rock bands that have made great relatively popular music after the mid-90s.

And since you didn't respond to my other two points in assuming you can't respond to them and you concede them.
>>
>>64139619
that was not me
>>
>>64138385
>I PULL UP ON /mu/, I'M SHITPOSTING
>SHITTED ON THE THREAD LIKE I WAS CONSTIPATED
>>
isn't edm or whatever the most popular kind of music though
>>
I'm sorry, but as someone who's been listening to hip-hop his whole life and doesn't enjoy classic rock, I gotta talk my shit on this one. 1, who cares what bigger nigga? It's the quality that matters. That part is debatable, but in terms of popularity, who gives a shit? Yeah it's slightly interesting, but it isn't a surprise. 2, rock was not born in the early 60's, it was the 50's. One could argue it was born earlier, when Creoles mixed their classically trained backgrounds with the "rugged" style of blues artists in the south. 3, hip-hop was invented in the 70's in the Bronx. 4, rock is not "dead", it's just lost relevance in the mainstream. One could easily argue its thriving in the underground and independent scene. I'm not a backpacker, but most underground rap is better than popular hip-hop anyways. So as someone who likes hip-hop a lot more than rock, I gotta defend rock on this one. Also stop b8ing, you're the reason this board fucking hates us hip hop heads.
>>
>>64139120
r&b / vaporwave fusion
not even memeing, look at how popular stuff like the Weeknd and Currents (tame impala) are right now among the people (18-25 year olds) who'll make the next "big" thing in music
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.