[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
this is so beautiful
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 9
File: merriweather.jpg (35 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
merriweather.jpg
35 KB, 225x225
this is so beautiful
>>
Ok anon, that's just your opinion.
>>
fuck what neo-/mu/ says this album is a fucking masterpiece
>you will never hear mpp for the first time again
>>
Listen to STGSTV, then try to say that MPP is better.
Listen to Trout Mask Replica, then try to say that STGSTV is better.
Listen to Strawberry Jam, then try to say that Trout Mask Replica is better.

THIS is the REAL music...
>>
>>64128899
MPP and STGSTV are my anco favorites
SJ is meh
>>
>>64128911
>the band's deepest, most diverse and lyrically triumphant album is meh
Now THIS is REAL pure PLEB-o-ness...
>>
File: Animal_Collective_Fall_Be_Kind.jpg (18 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Animal_Collective_Fall_Be_Kind.jpg
18 KB, 600x600
>>64128947
>most lyrically triumphant
that would be this release anon
>>
>>64128864
I wish I never had to hear it for the first time, the first time
>>
Sung Tongs
>>
>>64128947
I just think MPP is more visual and atmospheric, it resembles to me an impressionistic painting of a window with golden light coming in to the room, or a city skyline reflecting the brilliant light of the sunset. SJ doesn't have an atmosphere or sound quite like that.
>>
Sung Tongs > Spirit > MPP > HCTI > Feels > Campfire Songs > SJ > Danse > CHz > PW
>>
>>64128992
I like fall be kind more than MPP
>>
>>64128838
>implying it's against the grain to share opinions on a music discussion board
xD
>>
I still dont get STGSTV, i actually got past the high pitch noises on the album and think that was a creative part because it just sounds new and actually designed with some purpose.

I dont like the songwriting on it, maybe it's the fact that I dont hear the lyrics well enough but thats normally not a factor in other albums I love.
>>
>>64129057
>unpopular opinions
Painting With is on par with MPP or better.
>>
File: 1459895704444.png (615 KB, 500x595) Image search: [Google]
1459895704444.png
615 KB, 500x595
Campfire Songs is the true best AnCo record, followed by Sung Tongs
>>
>>64129055
100% correct
>>
>>64129086
It's supposed to be an album about the ever disappearing whimsical nature of people as they grow older, trying to recapture that vibe of childhood.

April and the Phantom is the most apparent of all that has this theme. Alvin Row to me always seemed like the song about a father reliving his childhood through watching his own child grow.

Great album, great song writing.
>>
>>64129055
yep, correct
>>
>>64129099
underrated post of the century

Campfire Songs is GOAT. I think you and I are the only two who share this opinion.
>>
>>64128911
SJ is just as good as STGSTV
>>
>>64129055
SJ > STGSTV > HCTI > CS = Feels > hollindagain = danse > MPP > ST > CHz > PW
>>
>>64129106
>>64129150
>>64129055

fucking plebs the lot of you

first of all you didn't even list hollindagain, and secondly, campfire songs doesn't deserve to be that low, HCTI that high, and PW is definitely not their worst fucking album holy shit
>>
>>64129179
they very well might be, but i prefer the sunny, almost childish sound of MPP STG over the less-defined sound of SJ
>>
>>64129157
Yeah, but poeple underrate it because they compare it to everything else in the AnCo catalog which leads them to believe that it's "boring" or "directionless", when in reality it's an acoustic drone masterpiece.
>>
>>64129223
>less-defined sound of SJ
do you even cuckoo cuckoo
>>
>>64129359
wrong guy
>>
>>64129307
It's a god damn beautiful album about death. I love it. And De Soto De Son closes towards the end talking about death taking time, and with lyrical implications that the sun will rise again even after the darkest night, which leads back into the idea of birth, giving way to the circle of life.

Fantastic fucking album. I feel like people just take a lot of AnCo's music at face value and don't listen to the deeper meanings of a lot of their earlier stuff, even more recent stuff like Painting With. Painting With is seriously up there with MPP for me. My rating probably goes for top 3

Campfire Songs
STGSTV
PW=MPP

and no I'm not being a contrarian hipster faggot or a troll. I genuinely believe that. I feel like a year from now people are going to listen to Painting With and be like "oh shit this was so good why did I hate this?" just like what happened with CHz. When it came out it was their worst album yet but a ton of people praise it now. Like, wtf?
>>
>>64129088
????/
why
>>
>>64129099
i also agree, campfire songs really is their best
>>
Feels > Sung Tongs > STGSTV > MPP > HCTI > SJ > Hollindagain > PW > CHz > Danse
>>
STGSTV>MPP>HCTI>CS>Manatee>the rest
>>
>>64128827
>muh synth drones.
>>
>>64129428
Innovative sound designs, compositions and arrangements. I quite like the use of hocketing on the album that everyone bitches about, and also the themes behind the lyrics and the concepts of the album as a whole resonate with me and are really pretty interesting.
>>
>>64128827
Correct. I dont think alot of people on /mu/ like it all the much compared to their othet albums I think >>64129036
Explained it well. MPP to me is getting paint thrown in your face with your best of friends on a sunny day while completely stoned.
>>64129125
This. Stgstv is like finding an old fairy tale or childrens book, that you read as a child, in the attic but because of time its all dusty and basically falling part.
>>64129223
Campfire songs is something else. While I wouldnt rate it at the top of my chart, it is certainly above painting with and chz.
>>64128947
Sj isnt my fave but Its prob the most definitive ac release. I show this to people instead of mpp.
>>
>>64130056
tfw OP and >>64129036 is me
>>
Alright guys, clear out, heres the definitive ranking:
STGSTV > feels > SJ > ST > HCTI > MPP > CS > CH > DM > PW
>>
>>64130180
I will never get why people hate Danse Manatee or why they keep skipping Hollindagain in their ratings.

Probably because Hollindagain truly is their weakest album. So weak that it is often forgotten. Pride and Fight and Forest Gospel are the only good songs imo.
>>
>>64130230
The only AnCo album I dislike is PW
>>
CS is the best AnCo album and Prospect Hummer is the best ep
>>
>>64130180
shit DM must be really bad from all these rankings
>>
>>64130932
No it's good, but it's a pleb filter. Give it the time of day
>>
File: wp_ss_20160414_0001.png (148 KB, 1080x481) Image search: [Google]
wp_ss_20160414_0001.png
148 KB, 1080x481
>>64130180
>feels better than SJ, HCTI, MPP and CHz
>>
>>64130932
What >>64130996 said

It's got some gems man. Most definitely. Not my favorite album, but it certainly isn't towards the bottom for me.
>>
>>64130230
its probably because its a live album and every album that they are doing is a studio album
>>
>>64130932
Danse is my second favorite behind STGSTV

it's really good
>>
>>64131466
Hollindagain may have been recorded in one take but it is still regarded as part of their discography.
>>
Bumping this thread with my ratings:

STGSTV => MPP => SJ > CS = F > HCTI > ST > PW > DM = CHz

Yes, I know Sung Tongs is low, but it hasn't properly clicked for me. And these ratings change around depending on how I feel.
>>
PW = STGSTV > CS > ST > MPP > F > SJ = HCTI > CHz > DM
>>
Honestly love anco but not sure why MPP is praised so often here.
Sung tongs = Spirit > SJ > Feels > MPP > PW > CHz
Even Panda bear meets the grim reaper >>> MPP imo
>>
>>64128827
I agree. The drawing has a nice confusing pattern. It almost looks like an illusion.
>>
File: pe-minor-threat.jpg (44 KB, 500x309) Image search: [Google]
pe-minor-threat.jpg
44 KB, 500x309
it's funny cuz i used to post on /mu/ back when this album was leaked

randomly once or twice a year i get really bored and decide to look at /mu/ and without fail this album is still being talked about

i remember the board really freaked out over congratulations, too. for my money that album has aged way better but then what do i know
>>
>>64128864
actually for me it has been a grower.
>>
>>64128864
First time I listened to it I thought it was garbage.
One the third or fourth listen it clicked, and I remember just thinking, what the fuck this is amazing why did I ever dislike it?
>>
>>64128864
tru
>>
MPP>CHz>SJ=Feels=ST>STGSTV>CS>PW>DM
>>
>>64128827
honestly MPP is the only album i've ever heard that's worthy of an actual 10/10
>>
You're all wrong

STGSTV = MPP > Feels > SJ > HCTI > ST > PW > CH > CS > DM
>>
File: laughing_reaction_face.jpg (16 KB, 280x270) Image search: [Google]
laughing_reaction_face.jpg
16 KB, 280x270
>>64135015
>CS and DM
>worst
maximum pleb
>>
>>64135015
why do you people with the most cookie cutter taste think you have any say, literally 90% of animal collective "fans" on /mu/ would agree with this list
>>
>>64134621
Exactly the same thing for me
>>
>>64135015
yo where the fuck is hollinndagain
>>
>>64135282
>>
>>64128947
Campfire Songs is Animal Collective's most lyrically triumphant album.
>>
>>64135855
This. It's the best, most sincere work they've ever done
>>
>all this love for campfire songs
my little /mu/ is finally growing up :')
>>
>>64134621
All I needed was 2 listens and lotsa weed
>>
>>64129055
spirit > Sung tongs > SJ > HCTI > MPP = Feels > PW = danse > Chz > Campfire songs
>>
Feels > ST > HCTI > Spirit > MPP > SJ > Campfire Song > Hollinndagain > PW > CHz > DM.
>>
I like MPP, SJ, Campfire Songs and Feels.

I don't like PW.

Where should I go from here?
>>
File: avey snarez.png (320 KB, 500x377) Image search: [Google]
avey snarez.png
320 KB, 500x377
new here and i would like to know the meaning of some of the songs.
their last album, PW (which stands for "Poppin' Wiggas") has some really strange lyrics, especially "We Wuz Stealers".

VERSE 1
>gooood morning baltimore
>just finished fuckin' this whore
>steppin' outside this shiny limo
>get ready for therapy - chemo (COUGH COUGH, ahahhh)
>my swag is gon' make you an hero
>fuck you - 'cus you an absolute zero
>you don't worth shit to my shit
>'cus you can't hit it when the bong lit (woo!)
>i spit fire for this mixtape
>munchie time 'n' then i vape
>i phone my boy panda
>white pride juss' like a panda
>he come in here in his panda
>fast like magic - he fucking wanda
>we fistbump our knuckles, we wiggas
>he go "got an ak", 'cus we shoot niggas

VERSE 2
>smash the shop's rear windows
>guns poppin' out like they dildos
>we holdin' this nigga cashier, not whack
>but i guess you could call it point black (yooo shit!)
>panda take his mask off
>and then he blow his head off
>got his blood on my fucking suit, no luck
>shit i needed this from my bar mitzvah, fuck
>we pull out real fast
>then realize we forgot the cash
>some fag touch my shoulder
>he deakin he got the holder
>fistbump 'till it bleed
>we go home 'n' get feed
>drop some acid, we chill
>this is avey tare, ready to kill

what did they mean by this???
>>
File: 3dbenis.jpg (98 KB, 1280x1080) Image search: [Google]
3dbenis.jpg
98 KB, 1280x1080
>>64137602
>>
>>64136840
objectively correct
>>
>>64137395
Sung Tongs
>>
>>64136840
>>64136936
>>64129617
>>64129055
>All this love for Sung Tongs
Can someone please explain to me why this album is especially popular on here? I like the album but it's not in my top five for AnCo.
>>
>>64138094
the album is incredibly solid for the first 10 tracks. there is a clear theme and every track is innovative

the last 2 are a little worse but still not too bad. If the last 2 were prospect hummer/learning how to drive, it would be GOAT
>>
>>64138120
I'd like to take this opportunity to say that Prospect Hummer is the best ep
>>
>>64129401
please tell me what you like so much about pw. i want to like it but I cant.
>>
>>64138222
I'm inclined to agree because it's the most consistent, but pars of FBK and WC are better
>>
>putting campfire songs last
Smh desu senpai. unbelievable
>>
GOAT album desu desu.

>That transition from Daily Routine's coda to Bluish
>>
>>64138223
not that guy but I think its a very solid pop album. Its fun to listen and sing along to

Golden gal and summing the wretch are probably my favorites desu
>>
>>64138223
Have a post I made 2 months ago that I've had to re-explain every time someone like you asks.

ANNNND RBTs SEARCH FUNCTION IS DOWN

so you're out of luck. If you don't get it, you don't get it. I like it. Not gonna write my usual 3 to 5 paragraph explanation of why though. Tired of convincing plebs.
>>
>>64128827
OPEN UP YA, OPEN UP YA, OPEN UP YA THROAT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGQjyGT1-mc
>>
>>64139406
do you have the video this is from
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.