[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats this album about?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: MI0002979867.jpg (20 KB, 398x400) Image search: [Google]
MI0002979867.jpg
20 KB, 398x400
ive been thinking about this album allot, it has good prose and intresting conflicts and the music, i would like to get some ideas from you /mu/
>>
>>64124714
well it's about the moon, yeah, but also, it's about antartica
>>
File: image.jpg (142 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
142 KB, 960x1280
>>64124714
It's about smoking that micro (ok_hand)
>>
>>64124714
You have to look at it as the opposite of The Lonesome Crowded West. Basically you've got LCW dealing with hot feelings (a lot of anger), and Moon deals with the colder feelings (loneliness, sadness). Other than that I don't think the concept goes much deeper
>>
>>64124907
And also forgot to add that where LCW talks about towns, deserts, and malls, the moon goes on about space, stars, planets, and also coldness
>>
It's about the coldness and emptiness of space, in an accepting way rather than a depressing one. If you're still having issues getting it, watch the movie melancholia it sums it up pretty well.
>>
>>64124714
OP here

I find it really sad, also at the same time i just laught at it all the misery that is painted by his words.

>Third Planet

a life comes to an end before it sets foot on the third planet let alone leave it. the father feels allot of guilt for it. but he has faith that that he along with everyone else on the third planet is being watched by an eye in the sky (the moon)

>Gravity Rides Everything

He has faith that everything will fall in to place. that all the spilt milk (miscarriage/wasted sperm?) had a purpose that is with the moon. a plan.

>Dark Center Of The Universe

now the consequence from being three to just two really sets in place here. he is made to feel that he is the dark center of a universe where life ends and no one ever really completes it. but he feels that she is just as equally cheated as he is.

(he has given allot of way cynicism and dark humor by the end )

the album really goes through allot mutations from hating his wife/companion to how we live in a circle (third planet) that no one knows when it begun, stuck in state of reincarnation whether as a rat or as a whore and ultimately feeling that above all that he was most cheated by god and concludes that there nothing special about us humans.

this is coming from an ex.muslim, and i really find love his sensibility to the subject matter too. no corroding it with hur durr fidora tipping fagottry
>>
File: 1451554773641s.jpg (8 KB, 250x223) Image search: [Google]
1451554773641s.jpg
8 KB, 250x223
>>64124714
>prose
You had one job nigga.
>>
>>64124737
wewwwww
>>
>>64124737
who is this?

>>64124907
good point anon, its an intresting take on their continuation as a group.

>>64125472
nice, i'll watch this then and come back to you

>>64125568
hahaha what was the job?

thank you for you kind hospitality, first time on /mu/ and i honestly cant see what people have against here, i here allot of bad mouthing from /r9k/
>>
>>64125995
I'm listening to lcw right now
Great band , what other albums you into?
You like doolittle?
>>
>>64125472
What do you think of anti christ
>>
>>64125995
give it time.

/r9k/ is worse though. one of the few.
>>
>>64126061
yeah i agree. there was a time when i listened to doolittle heavily. great song writing and fucking black humor too and the music propels very far.

currently listening to Illamatic. decides to give hip hop a chance. boy is it raw. no shame at all.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.