[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's with the overarching Roman theme throughout their
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 3
File: tumblr_l2kn6gr0Rs1qa53iwo1_1280.jpg (389 KB, 872x1280) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_l2kn6gr0Rs1qa53iwo1_1280.jpg
389 KB, 872x1280
What's with the overarching Roman theme throughout their career? It's in multiple songs.
>>
Who?
>>
>>64123636
Ulver
>>
>>64123647
If you don't know that's Coil then you need to fuck off from this board and never return.
>>
>>64123681
Poseur
>>
Who?
>>
Pagan shit
also gay shit
>>
>>64123586
All of Ancient Romans were gay so that's why.
>>
>>64123586
Rome was a pretty cool guy
>>
>>64123744
not true btw

none of the romans were gay, some of them only practiced gay sex which was a normal thing at the time, but if you were actually romantically involved with a person of the same gender, you'd be a degenerate and a social outcast
>>
Ulver haven't put out anything good since the late 90s
>>
>>64123753
>none of the Romans were gay even though they had gay sex all the time.

Yeah dude they were just IRONICALLY having gay sex, geeze.
>>
>>64123700
see
>>64123647
>>
>>64123762
That isn't Ulver, you stupid fucking shit, that's Coil.
>>
i thought they were forced/encouraged to fuck each other to create a stronger bond in battle

loving another man/woman was still taboo
>>
Ulver thread? Where's the best place to start with them?
>>
>>64123805
Laguna Coil is the best!
>>
>>64123753
>none of them were gay they just did it up the butt with other men
Sounds pretty gay to me
>>
>>64123834
Their first 3 albums. That's also the best place to stop.
>>
Dunno, probably because of Rome being a holy city.
>>
>>64123762
Even more laughable are the liner notes, which-- if one can wade through the pretentious nonsense like, "I know now that the underworld is incalculable. To describe it we rely exclusively on tones, sounds, rhythm and pure instrumentality"-- divulge that these guys consider Coil an influence. Excuse me while I retreat to a corner and snicker to myself. Loud enough that people on the other side of the room can hear.

What these guys don't seem to realize, is that layering some "creepy" vocals ("Ghosts presence/ Ghost music from the radio at night and you can't sleep") over a vaguely ambient backdrop that sounds like an amateur rendition of "Who Will Fall" (as they do on-- snicker snicker-- "We Are the Dead") does not make you Coil. It makes you a Coil rip-off. A blatant one. You see, Ulver makes music that is "dark" and "ominous" without actually posing any legitimate threat, not unlike those two girls you knew back in high school.

Really. I can't even begin to comprehend how anyone who listens to Coil could release music this corny and live with themselves. Coil is legitimately frightening. Ulver is frightening like a made-for-TV horror movie is frightening. Ulver makes music for people who want to convince themselves that they dig creepy music without ever having to worry about nervously glancing over their shoulder or feeling their pulse rise.
>>
>>64123832
Whether the romance or whatever was taboo or not doesn't matter, if your wee wee gets hard at man butt and penis you are a homo by definition. You can not say "they had gay sex, but they weren't gay though you guys!".
>>
>>64123877
not at all, you could be bisexual

everyone is bisexual to some extent, even you
>>
>>64123912
No I'm definitely not a homo you fucking disgusting faggot
>>
>>64123968
not even a little bit?
>>
>>64123968
why so touchy anon
>>
>>64123979
I can acknowledge when a guy looks hot, but that doesn't make me a homo.
>>
>>64123993
ok
>>
>>64124012
I'm not gay
>>
>>64124016
ok
>>
>>64123993
Sounds pretty homo to me.
>>
>>64123993
You sound double homo, like a hommo
>>
Ulver really has gone to shit. It's sad desu
>>
>>64123586
Apex and also decline of all civilization, homoeroticism elevated to Platonic form status, etc, etc, etc...the same reason that every post-industrial/neofolk has a big throbbing hard on for the Empire.
>>
File: 2060309.jpg (150 KB, 500x504) Image search: [Google]
2060309.jpg
150 KB, 500x504
Pic related is miles better than The Ape of Naples and you can't even prove me wrong
Ulver > Coil
>>
For anyone still wondering, this is Coil, not Ulver.
>>
>>64124076
>The Ape of Naples

was just the most easiest coil album. far from best
>>
>>64123993
I'm completely straight and i'm not afraid to acknowledge that my bros have large penises and tight buttholes. We shower together and jerk each other off all the time because we know we're straight so just because we occasionally suck each other's cocks doesn't make us homo.
>>
>>64123993
faggot
>>
>>64124094
You're an idiot, TAoN was coil's magnum opus
>>
>>64123791
Who?
>>
>>64124127
>this is what plens actually believe
>>
>>64124127
Black Antlers is.
>>
>>64124127

coil don't really have a magnum opus but if they did it would probably be moon's milk or MTPITD
>>
a normal straight guy like me just like how some guys look because I want to look like them, not because they're hot
>>
Why did this thread become gay?
>>
>>64124267
because some jerks just had to mention Ulver
>>
>>64124267
Because it's about gay musicians.
>>
Coil and Ulver literally have nothing in similar.
>>
>>64124267
If you're gay and into alternative music, you love coil.
If you're gay and into alternative music, you're on /mu/.
>>
>>64124355
I'm not gay seriously guys
>>
Why do so many homosexuals like Ulver?
>>
How many dicks are you allowed to suck and still be considered "straight"?
>>
File: post-industrial-degeneracy.png (164 KB, 1281x645) Image search: [Google]
post-industrial-degeneracy.png
164 KB, 1281x645
More simple minded folks can listen to this instead:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROyw4J6NrH0
>>
>>64124549
you're still straight if you suck feminine penises
>>
>>64124363
It's okay your safe here homo
>>
>>64124127

>I'm 16 and I just got into Coil
>>
>>64123753
Because there is a difference, like how how me having sex with a dead body is differrent from me be romantic with a dead body
>>
>>64123703
coil in a nutshell
>>
>>64123753
I was under the impression it was a power thing so if you were giving it was fine but it was looked down upon to actually receive
>>
Where do I start with the rest of the industrial genre/Psychic TV related shit if I've been really into Coil lately and have listened to everything from MTPITD onwards?
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.