[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /mu/ really think of DEVO's work? I've seen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: 81oVyRc6RbL._SL1425_.jpg (274 KB, 1425x1425) Image search: [Google]
81oVyRc6RbL._SL1425_.jpg
274 KB, 1425x1425
What does /mu/ really think of DEVO's work? I've seen Q: Are We Not Men? A: We Are Devo! thrown around as a meme, but what's wrong with it? For that matter, what albums are similar to Q&A? I really enjoy that "lay-on-the-guitar-double-thick" sound and I was wondering what other artists sound like that.
>>
Hardcore Devo: 9/10
Q: Are We Not Men: 10/10
Duty Now: 9/10
Freedom of Choice: 8/10
New Traditionalists: 10/10
Oh No It's Devo: 8/10
Shout: 6/10 (underrated tbbh)
Total Devo: 2/10
Smoothnoodlemaps: 2/10
Something Else: 6/10
>>
Old Boots New Dirt is better
>>
new al jourgensen album that came out yesterday covers gates of steel. the song begins with him mocking people asking him about ten bands with him each time responding how they all suck and then finally asks "Devo? They rule!" then starts gates of steel.

I dunno most recent devo news I guess
>>
New Traditionalists > Hardcore > Oh No > Duty Now > Are We Not Men > Something Else > Shout > Smooth
>>
I've been obsessed with them for the last 3 months. Oh No, It's Devo is probably my favorite album. I always end up listening to the whole album when I'm in the mood to listen to one of the tracks from it because it's just so good and I love how every track practically transitions into each other.

Jerry's new single "It's All Devo" is pretty good. I think it's better than a lot of the tracks that were on the last Devo album. I think Something For Everybody could have been a great album if they just would have made a better track order and maybe removed some songs. The album feels like it has multiple album openers (So Fresh, Step Up and Don't Shoot (I'm a Man) )
>>
I was intrigued by "Hardcore Devo" and went down the rabit hole on the whole De-evolution thing.
I like that the music video for Jocko Homo has them in bags like on the cover of hardcore.
>>
Hardcore Devo and Q:AWN are god-tier.
Anything else by them is mediocre or decent.
>>
But what other artists/bands are like their first album?
>>
>>64115403
>Freedom Of Choice
>Nutra
>Duty Now For The Future
>Oh No

>mediocre or decent
>>
>>64115683
The first few P-Model albums remind me a little bit of Devo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY8W6k7nfNw
>>
In fact, what does /mu/ think of synthpop as a genre?
>>
New traditionalists is overrated
>>
>>64115819
to add to this
There's a very obscure P-Model and Devo tribute band called Pevo, but the weird thing about this tribute band is, they don't rerecord either band's songs, they actually make original music. And the band was so intriguing that Susumu Hirasawa of P-Model actually hired the members to be in his touring band. Only one of their albums have made it online.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51hwYz2J6xc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YyjE-b40Wk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ukvStccV0g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sNTdcQRW7c
>>
>>64115951
>New traditionalists is overrated
by WHO? I've never really seen anyone talk about it ever being amazing or great even though I admittedly like it. Jerry's songs on that album are some of his best.
>>
>>64115982
About as coherent as any devo song. I like it.
>>
Eh, they weren't bad at capturing a certain period in time but once the Reagan years started, they became kind of useless.
>>
File: devo.jpg (83 KB, 740x687) Image search: [Google]
devo.jpg
83 KB, 740x687
i just bought this
>>
>>64116282
I really hope someone uploads that to what.cd soon. I have the original and I don't feel like repurchasing it just for two songs...
>>
>>64113804
We are DEVO is an honest 0/10 for me
>>
>>64116811
*9/10
typo makes a huge difference
>>
Recombo DNA is breddy gud if you haven't heard it
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.