[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's a good album for a break--up that's actually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: the-avalanches-sinceimetyou.jpg (78 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
the-avalanches-sinceimetyou.jpg
78 KB, 500x500
What's a good album for a break--up that's actually positive? This is the only one I can think of.
>>
>>64076888
The Bends.
>>
File: dylan-bob-276-l.jpg (40 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
dylan-bob-276-l.jpg
40 KB, 500x500
>>64076888
>If you get close to her, kiss her once for me
>I always have respected her for busting out and gettin' free
>Oh, whatever makes her happy, I won't stand in the way
>Though the bitter taste still lingers on from the night I tried to make her stay
>>
>>64076975

This is a good one, I forgot about this. Thanks!
>>
Fun fact, the voice is actually saying "since I met you", but your mind is fooled into thinking its "left" since that's the album title, along with a bit of tweaking post production.
I think that adds a beautiful edge to the album, its almost like they're trying to convince themselves that they're happy, but in the end being together is better. further supported by
>I tried but I just can't get you
>since the day I left you

You have regret for leaving the partner after a false celebration in the beginning, and later melancholy and insanity. In the end everything is accepted
>>
>>64077060

Another fun fact, this is the song they sampled:

The Main Attraction - Everyday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8Nq_8io-Xg
>>
>>64076888
I'll never understand the appeal of this album. It's as if one person proclaimed it as classic and then the everyone else just continued to parrot the meme for a decade and a half.
>>
>>64077060
>>64077133
That *was* a fun fact. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>64077277
2 different people, I won't take credit for the second
I love finding the songs they sampled.

Here's my favourite
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-NGlOB4hJA
>>
>>64076888
Every time I hear the track "Electricity" I think it would make a killer background track for some party scene set in the early 2000's.

Dunno why.
>>
>>64077417
I play electricity at many parties I go to, it works nicely
>>
>>64077231
that concept of constructing an entire album out of samples. obvious idea right?

name one album that did it better. seriously, because I've been waiting for that album to come out.
>>
>>64076888
Lol I am listening to this album 3 times in a row right now cuz someone got trips in another thread
>>
>>64077512
I havent listened to since i left you but night ripper by girl talk is a fantastic album
>>
>>64077060
no way
>>
Jesus H. Christ this is an uneventful, boring album. I mean, for background music while playing videogames, yeah, it's alright, but there's a ton of better stuff out there for that purpose. Namely, just about anything with guitars in it. The video for "Frontier Psychiatrist" is entertaining, though, even if the song isn't. Maybe I'm old-fashioned, or really used to guitar-driven music, but I just can't get into this group. This shit is way overrated.
>>
>>64078139
peanus weanus
>>
>>64078139
the thread may be gone but the meme lives on
>>
>>64078139
There are definitely dense moments. I guess getting used to something that has psuedo-lyrics (no complete ideas because of the sampled nature) is a factor.
>>
This one does it for me, OP
>>
File: Odessey_and_Oracle.jpg (74 KB, 297x300) Image search: [Google]
Odessey_and_Oracle.jpg
74 KB, 297x300
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.