[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Proclamation is one of the best songs ever
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: 81WXFX+oMPL._SL1500_.jpg (390 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
81WXFX+oMPL._SL1500_.jpg
390 KB, 1500x1500
Proclamation is one of the best songs ever
>>
I really, really like Spooky Boogie
>>
>>64039961
Spooky Boogie? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wetMkQNQ4a4
>>
>>64039949
On this album alone I prefer Playing the Game, Aspirations, and So Sincere, but Proclamation is a total banger. Perfect prog really. This and In A Glass House are just unfuckingbelievable
>>
>>64039961
>Giant for a Day!

Also Proclamation was the song that got me to explore Gentle Giant, good choice.
>>
great song that describes perfectly the sound of gentle giant, but its not even one of their best songs
>>
>>64040357
What would you say is their best song then?
>>
Best obscure 70's prog bang, Gentle Giant or Van der Graff Generator?
>>
>>64040383
Not him but The Runaway, Time to Kill, and Memories of Old Days are some of my GOATs by them
>>
>>64040390
Gentle Giant for catchiness and comfy, Van der Graaf for twenty minute epics
>>
>>64039949
>>
>>64040383
Giant

Prove me wrong
>>
>>64040390
How the hell is Gentle Giant obscure. It's probably one of the most well known of the genre. (Though the answer to your question is obviously Gentle Giant.)

How about some some Birth Control or Titanic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T95_LWla5Ms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wzAZ3H1-0I
>>
>>64040475
gentle giant are classic but obscure compared to shit like king crimson, yes, genesis, ELP, jethro tull, etc.

thanks for the actually obscure prog though i'll give it a listen.
>>
also why the fuck do almost all prog vocalists sound the same?
>>
>>64040658
What are you talking about? A lot of prog bands have really unique vocals, especially gentle giant
>>
>>64040390
>obscure
L M A O
>>
>>64040658
>listening to prog for the vocals

pleb.
>>
>>64040701
obscure compared to king crimson and pink floyd and rush. if i walked up to somebody who said they liked prog rock and asked them what the best gentle giant song is there's a decent chance they wouldn't know who that even is.
>>
>>64040800
I'm pretty sure if someone mentions Prog Rock by name then they know who they are. People who only listen to stuff like Floyd and Rush are either dadrockers or DUDE WEED LMAO kids.
>>
>>64040834
yeah probably you're right.

anyway i'm listening to birth control, gr8 band desu. better than gentle giant.
>>
>>64039949
Not as good as Magma, and Cardiacs
>>
>>64041279
hhahahahhahhh
>>
Proclamation is one of the funkiest prog songs I've ever heard, and then gets really heavy by the end.
>>
Pantagruel's Nativity is better.
>>
>>64041622
Advent of Panurge is better
>>
>>64042830
River is better!
>>
Why do prog albums always have epic first songs and the rest are mediocre?
>>
>>64043000
Because you have poor taste, but excellent trips.
>>
Proclamation really got me into prog in general.
>>
>>64043041
Gentle Giant may be my favourite prog band of the 70s. It's kind of surprising but when I think about it they really are better and more consistent in quality compared to the more well known ones.
>>
>>64043071
I agree. I also prefer the brevity of their songs while other prog bands prefer bloated 20 minute epics.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.