[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Recent purchases
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
Because some of us have decent jobs.
>>
>D666
>Akitsa
>Bone Awl
>Sabbat
>Ash Pool
>Black Witchery
>early Slayer

Fucking great selection.
>>
why would anyone spend money on cassettes... seriously, what am i missing here?
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2241) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2241
>>64027395
Posting pickups from the other day again.

>>64027797
Tape has a unique sound to it, some people love it. I don't purchase cassettes often, but I like the sound of tape too.
>>
>>64027797
How's about you begin by saying what is wrong with them
>>
>>64027395
I was actually listening to that Revenge album the other day
>>
>>64027886
... because they sound like shit

I mean they're neat and nostalgic and fashionably retro... but they sound like shit

Not anon, btw
>>
>>64027886
terrible frequency response and clarity, wears out really fast
>>
>>64027882
>arguably worst Bowie album
>fucking Cake
:(
>Black Foliage
>Sgt Pepper
:)
>>
>>64027886
>How's about you begin by saying what is wrong with them

they deteriorate faster than any other medium. very sensitive to magnets, prone to get tangled up in your player... etc.

but if you really like the sound (that gets worse with pretty much every play) then that's fine with me.
>>
>>64027886
Low headroom = bad sound quality. It's pretty much a lo-fi format, great for DIY/Noise/experimental stuff and demos but not good for anything that deserves a more hi-fidelity sound.
>>
>>64027882
nice carpet
>>
>>64027395
>decent job
>buys cassets
>metalfag
i tip my fedora to u sir
>>
>>64027987
>arguably worst Bowie album

worth it for the title track alone. very underrated. also jump they say and that nice scott walker cover.
>>
>>64027987
I'm buying any Bowie albums I can get my hands on. Hard to come by.

Cake's for sampling.
>>
File: 1457703838688.jpg (136 KB, 633x970) Image search: [Google]
1457703838688.jpg
136 KB, 633x970
>>64027395
I'd like to thank you for introducing me to Sabbat, OP.

And pay no attention to these philistines who are lambasting you for buying tapes. It's a very good medium for metal
>>
>>64027990
Basically. It works well for metal

>>64028152
Np. Check out ride for revenge too if you haven't already
>>
>>64028329
You getting the new RFR album? Literally came out today.
>>
>>64027797
Different anon, but my car is old and has a cassette player instead of a CD player (which I use an adapter for that and plugging in my phone/mp3 player).

Quality isn't all that great, but I often find great gems among the cassette section.
>>
>>64027395
Nice, I still need that Bone Awl / The Rita split.
>>
>>64028359
What? Where? I am not seeing it on the hells head angers store
>>
>>64028521
https://rideforrevenge.bandcamp.com/album/thy-horrendous-yearning

I imagine it's gonna be available stateside soon enough.
>>
>>64028152
>philistines of tape culture

oh gee whiz, what a bunch of artless poopheads! admit it, tapes fucking suck and the only reason to buy them is that they are cheaper and 'tape culture' is contrarian

the only thing sadder is that hipsters are so deeply embedded in their own irony they start to fool themselves with their own bullshit.

goddammit fuck you and your tapes.
>>
>>64027882
that's one comfy ass looking carpet
>>
>>64028877
>philistines of tape culture
I was mostly joking, anon. Relax

>fuck you and your tapes
I haven't bought a tape since around 1993, but I'm glad that you feel so threatened by statements that you perceive as being hipster-related, that your jimmies were sufficiently rustled.
>>
>>64027882
>Tape has a unique sound to it, some people love it.

you realize before you were born highways were littered with cassette tapes because of how shitty they were, r-right?
>>
>>64027989
>prone to get tangled up in your player

this literally never happens
>>
>>64029978
>feel so threatened

not threatened, but so confident in my opinion that tapes are that shitty that i can take my case to the extreme without being too far out of a rational opinion

i'm not butthurt, spend your money on what you like and what makes you happy. i own a few tapes from artists who made it a cassette release only. i just find it funny that it's actually a thing.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.