[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Marilyn Manson - talented or edgelord?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (186 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
186 KB, 1920x1080
>>
both, ofc
>>
>>63950344
>both
choose one
>>
>>63950406
well you're only giving me one option, so I'm gonna have to pick it
>both
>>
>>63950333
Was listening to ACSS and ME for old times' sake a few weeks back.
It really feels like terribly dated music at this point, very of its time and place. Some nice pop hooks though.
ACSS in particular feels like like really quant cartoonish MTV schlock-metal, someone listening to that album nowadays would rightfully be confused as to what all the fuss regarding its "controversial" aspects was about in the first place. It's not Einsturzende Neubauten or Whitehouse. It's not even Deicide or Mayhem. It's White Zombie and Korn.
It's weird to think that this guy really was seen as a dangerous and influential pop-culture figure at one point.
>>
Up until Holy Wood - an edgelord talented enough to know what to do, when and with whose help.
>>
>>63950452
CONGRATULATIONS, YOU'RE ONE OF THE COUNTLESS IMPRESSIONABLE IDIOTS WHO LISTENED TO HIM SOLELY FOR SHOCK VALUE AS A TEEN, DIDN'T GET WHAT HE WAS ABOUT, AND NOW THINK THAT HIS MUSIC WAS GARBAGE BECAUSE THE SHOCK VALUE HAS WORN OFF.
>>
>first half of his discography
you should only listen to this if you're at least 18. Otherwise every worthwhile part of it is gonna fly right over your head, and it won't stick with you when you grow up.
>Second half of his discography
you should only listen to this if you're below 18 and haven't been exposed to more shocking stuff yet.
>>
>>63950526
Thanks mate.
>>
>>63950333
Cheap knockoff of Alice Cooper
>>
>>63950333
>edge
>edgy

wee need a filter for this shitty buzzword it's getting on my nerves
>>
File: 8.jpg (305 KB, 1296x971) Image search: [Google]
8.jpg
305 KB, 1296x971
>>63950748
>wee need a filter for this shitty buzzword it's getting on my nerves
>>
>>63950333
why he try to be alice when alice aint even dead yet?

not sayin there shouldn't always be an alice but at least have some courtesy nigga

that said he's a real nice dude
>>
>>63950808
>a real nice dude
>covered a deaf chick with animal entrails and pissed on her
>cheated on his girlfriend with her friend for a whole year
>calls people who commit suicide "wastes of space" and stupid morons
>plotted to kill his high school girlfriend and only backed out when coincidentally he heard sirens while setting up the gasoline to burn down her house

>real
>nice
>dude
>>
>>63950333
eyecandy
>>
>>63950858
>peed on a deaf girl
>actually fucking planned a murder
Are these true?
>>
>>63950344
only correct answer
>>
he had a time and place, but no one should listen to him anymore
>>
This song is a quality tune.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THNEolxBmso

The video freaked me out well and proper when I was a wee lad.
>>
>>63950748
we don't need to filter edgy, it's a good word
we just need to stop the mentality that for some reason thinks that "edgy" is synonymous with "bad"
it's often a good thing
>>
>>63950858
About pissing on the deaf chick - was that the fan he invited over, and they did all kinds of weird shit to her? I remember seeing a clip of it, but his lawyer wouldn't let him release the video.

He kept going on and on about how edgy and artistic it would have been to use the video. This was around the EMDM/Phantasmagoria era.
>>
What's that one Manson video(from the GOTG era, I reckon) that has a bunch of naked titties and (very soft) BDSM shit in it?
That must have been one of my first introductions to one of my more unfortunate long-term obsessions.
>>
>>63951424
He certainly knew how to make catchy as fuck songs back then.
>>
>>63950526
This nigger masturbates to anime
>>
>>63951698
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anEMXOyCCqc

?
>>
>>63950526
now this faggot here tries to script our theardes again
>>
>>63950662
I thought he was spinoff of Rozz Williams
>>
>>63951861
Yeah that's the one.
If I knew back then what I know now...
>>
File: LHROOHcover.jpg (17 KB, 220x331) Image search: [Google]
LHROOHcover.jpg
17 KB, 220x331
>>63951008
true and true according to this manuscript written by edge lord himself.
>>
>>63951008
>>63952291
Manson has a bad habit of talking up his edginess, he was probably bullshitting or at least exaggerating his antics.
He did an AMA on Reddit last year(how the mighty have fallen, right?) and I remember one of the posters asking him something to the effect of what the most negative reaction he ever received from an audience was.
He bragged about the time he performed at the MTV awards show which was happening in Ireland that year, and how a massive amount of the hardcore Irish Catholics in the audience responded to that performance by turning their backs to the band while they were onstage as a form of protest.
Practically immediately people responded with recorded video footage of the performance, personal testimonials from the audience and explanations of the (highly jaded and disillusioned as far as the country's religious establishment went) social climate in Ireland at the time, all of which pointed towards Manson lying out of his ass about the whole thing. Dude is a bullshitter.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.